[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon doesn't want to make sales. Seriously its their track record.

And I agree. Ics is already working alpha on some devices. It wont be that much longer....and the selling power of this phone diminishes. I mean....ics is the main reason we all want it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
This article was written because Verizon made an announcement. Check out the CNET article.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

What announcement was that? Quoting the CNET article:

"We haven't officially announced a launch date for the Galaxy Nexus," a Verizon Wireless representative said.

The only "announcement" Verizon has made was that they haven't made an official announcement. Leaked sales documents don't count.

Last edited:

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
the more I think about it the more I lean towards waiting for the Asus podaphone or whatever you call it. Thinking Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor, tablet to go with it and ICS....cant wait, hope its all that its cracked up to be and then some. the galaxy nexus just left a sour taste in my mouth waiting and waiting for it. I know its never been officially announced but im over it now

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw today where there was just a huge price fixing judgement against a bunch of LCD makers. Was wondering when the class action lawsuit against US carriers/OEM's comes because, IMO, prices are too high and too uniform (and the carriers certainly are propping that up with their bogus "incentives") to be the result of non-collusive open competition.

captdroid

Reaction score
I am quickly loosing interest... if Verizon or whoever going to make me wait then I will just wait and see the next rush of phones... lol Heck with it :p

Cor3yS

Reaction score
It would be cool if they announced it during the video game awards since Verizon is sponsoring it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm just annoyed with no estimate of a release date. I've waited a month now where, having known that, I probably would have just gotten the Bionic or RAZR, possibly the Rezound. I don't want to pay a re-stocking fee, but I really need a new phone and don't want to wait a month, either. Nor do I really want to invest the time to set-up one phone, and then swap again in a few weeks and start over.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well with no release this Friday I guess that means more time to study for finals:D

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
How I imagine Verizon.

9cPh0.png

kparks

Reaction score
Hmm.... I didn't know something that has not been officially announced could be delayed!!??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Almost makes me wish I wasn't one of the nerds who frequented these forums. Then the wait wouldn't be so ridiculously annoying, because I wouldn't know what the hell was going on! ;)

I knew it probably wouldn't get released this week anyway. With the kind of advertising the RAZR got before it's release, did you think they were just going to release Google's next flagship phone without a peep to the general public? A stealth release doesn't exactly translate into launch day profitability.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
Google/Sammy didn't seem to have a problem in Europe. I think this is 100% VZW. And to think they're the HIGHEST rated carrier in terms of satisfaction...

Europe doesn't have LTE, which has been blamed for the delay on a couple phones and some bugs with them once they were released. Since this is the first ICS phone, I kind of expected this. Plus, somewhere I saw a quote that they're waiting for the 4.1 update. Maybe thats to fix an LTE issue? Makes me feel better assuming that, anyways...

On another note, this phone is driving me to drink. I've been looking forward to upgrading since the first Bionic was announced.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
It's not like this is the Bionic release all over again. People just need to chill out and keep in mind that people on the Android forums are MUCH more in the know about releases than most others and for them; it's not an issue. For this reason alone; it adds frustration about supposed release dates. Sign up @ Verizon and when the phone comes out; they'll let you know; believe me; weather it's a NE2 or a full purchase price, Verizon is more than happy to part you from your cash. I'm still on my OG Droid and I won't run right out and buy the Nexus. I'm going to wait and see just like I did with the Bionic. I waited and saw lots of mixed feelings on it and decided to pass on it. Another thing to mention is the "bloatware" "issue"..... it's not an issue with root. Simply clear out the crapware you don't want and you're good to go.

Just relax..... the phone will be released, albeit not as fast as we would like.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score