Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III Launch Date Delayed One Day Again; Now July 11th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-delayed-to-july11.png

It would seem that Verizon cannot make up their mind. Originally, their version of the Samsung Galaxy S III was rumored to ship on or by July 9th. Then it was confirmed for that date on their own website. Shortly after that, they changed the date to July 10th, which has been the date that held the longest. Alas, that date has changed as well, and again has been pushed back by one day. According to their own website, the Verizon SGS3 will not ship until July 11th to customers. Although there was no reason given, these delays are probably because of huge demand for the new phone.

Source: VZW

jseah

Reaction score
It was my understanding from some other articles that the later date only applies to people who are pre-ordering now. That is VZW is planning for the demand for the phone by staggering the pre-order shipping dates. So for those who pre-ordered back when it said July 9 would have their phones shipped on the 9th, those who pre-ordered when it said July 10 would have their phones shipped on the 10th, etc.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It was my understanding from some other articles that the later date only applies to people who are pre-ordering now. That is VZW is planning for the demand for the phone by staggering the pre-order shipping dates. So for those who pre-ordered back when it said July 9 would have their phones shipped on the 9th, those who pre-ordered when it said July 10 would have their phones shipped on the 10th, etc.

Thats what I was wondering too. Samsung is busy filling pre-orders and their actual release date for in store is getting pushed back because of the demand on preorders. I guess I'll get mine when I get mine. I preordered an hour or two after it started and my e-mail says july 9th. I can only hope its still july 9th. Would be nice if it was. I'm going in for a procedure on my lower back and I may be not walking for several days after and a new phone would be great to pass the time.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep... This is probably the case, but there are some conflicting reports on this, so I figured it would be better to post it as if all the orders were coming a day later. That way, even if it turns out to be wrong, it's happy news, because it means you got your phone earlier than you might have thought. :)

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
The people who ordered earlier should get them on time (the 9th) i havent gotten any email stating a delay in my order. It probably shows delayed shipping date on their site for people who are just pre ordering.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
When I went in and preordered my phone, the Verizon rep told me that it would get here by the 11th at the latest, but would most likely come before that. We all know how reliable Verizon employees are though, so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

jseah

Reaction score
And according to Droid Life, HHGregg announced on their website that the Verizon SGSIII will be available in store beginning July 12, which is the Thursday of that week, so it seems very plausible that Verizon would be shipping them out, so basically the online/phone orders should arrive on the same day it is available in stores. I do believe that I recall for one phone release, Verizon shipped the preorders out a day or two earlier so some people started getting their phones the day before release.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I just checked my order status online and it says, "Expected Ship Date: 07/09/2012".

VZWSupport

Reaction score

You are absolutely correct, jseah!
^TH VZWSupport

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
I can't wait to get this phone. My sister already got it on T-mobile and its amazing!

lorick2100

Reaction score
I just checked my order status online and it says, "Expected Ship Date: 07/10/2012".:hail: