[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CM6 RC3 now available!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Hey, a little help is needed...

Since the install of the theme (and a kernel) yesterday, Ive noticed the phone getting bogged down. Like switching between home screens goes slowly or can be unresponsive for example.

I was thinking it was one of two things,

that my RAM is low
or
the chevyno1 ulv 1.25 that i put on may need to be changed to lv? like im thinking that the ulv causes a slower startup time?

If the ram is low, then it relates to what was being said on the last page about removing stuff from the zip files.

If its the other thing im in the wrong thread and am sorry, but advice would be cool if available...

Im still a noob and apologize for my noobishness

Thanks guys!

This is why it is always best to install one thing at a time, helps to track down the issue.

A lot of people have complained about different OC Kernels being slower when changing to even faster ones. I would start by going back to the Kernel you had before that you were happy with and see how it does.

jerroedr

Reaction score
i was just reading skulls overclocking thread and he said that the slowdown could be a voltage issue.

also, i did do them separate, just in the same day. the kernel was acting a little strange at first...not performing consistently. I think ill switch that up and see what happens.

Since the install of the theme (and a kernel) yesterday, Ive noticed the phone getting bogged down. Like switching between home screens goes slowly or can be unresponsive for example.

that my RAM is low
or
the chevyno1 ulv 1.25 that i put on may need to be changed to lv? like im thinking that the ulv causes a slower startup time?

If the ram is low, then it relates to what was being said on the last page about removing stuff from the zip files.

If its the other thing im in the wrong thread and am sorry, but advice would be cool if available...

Thanks guys!

This is why it is always best to install one thing at a time, helps to track down the issue.

A lot of people have complained about different OC Kernels being slower when changing to even faster ones. I would start by going back to the Kernel you had before that you were happy with and see how it does.

jerroedr

Reaction score
So far it looks like the kernel. I dont really understand how they work, but i tried 1.25 lv and got force closes, so then 1.2ulv and its running great. not heating up near as much and ive got it restricted to 1.1. Testing now, but seems like that was the solution.

i was just reading skulls overclocking thread and he said that the slowdown could be a voltage issue.

also, i did do them separate, just in the same day. the kernel was acting a little strange at first...not performing consistently. I think ill switch that up and see what happens.

that my RAM is low
or

Thanks guys!

tommytmt

Reaction score
To the people having trouble installing full theme...

For me, even after a wipe and fresh install of RC3, the theme fills up /system. The only way I could get the full theme to install was to delete as much junk as possible from /system as possible and remove several apk's from 928's zip. There are old/unused apk's in there anyways like corporate calendar to name one off the top of my head. Yeah it was a PITA, but worth it in the end. Koush and 928 are just maxing out the internal memory with their awesomeness.
Ok, well thanks to your comment I did get it working, after deleting what I considered to be bloatware from both CM and the 928 theme, for the most part(meaning I have the black bar and all that), but the contacts aren't transparent like it was for the CM2 version and it didn't change the boot animation like it did in CM2 as well, and the gallery doesn't work :( ... Was that stuff changed for this version or am I still missing stuff? As far as the the gallery thing goes I may have accidentally deleated it off either CM or the 928 file before install...so I'll try them again

js0724

Reaction score
To the people having trouble installing full theme...

For me, even after a wipe and fresh install of RC3, the theme fills up /system. The only way I could get the full theme to install was to delete as much junk as possible from /system as possible and remove several apk's from 928's zip. There are old/unused apk's in there anyways like corporate calendar to name one off the top of my head. Yeah it was a PITA, but worth it in the end. Koush and 928 are just maxing out the internal memory with their awesomeness.
Ok, well thanks to your comment I did get it working, after deleting what I considered to be bloatware from both CM and the 928 theme, for the most part(meaning I have the black bar and all that), but the contacts aren't transparent like it was for the CM2 version and it didn't change the boot animation like it did in CM2 as well, and the gallery doesn't work :( ... Was that stuff changed for this version or am I still missing stuff? As far as the the gallery thing goes I may have accidentally deleated it off either CM or the 928 file before install...so I'll try them again

I believe the transparent dialer and boot animation were taken out of theme. As far as the gallery, mine worked fine but I think some were having problems. You could always try using the RC3 (unthemed) gallery instead.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cali E

Reaction score
What's the issue? Boot-looping or it just not taking? If it's the latter, are you sure you're installing it correctly? I'm not trying to make you sound like an idiot when I ask if you're allowing the install before you're telling it to install, but that's caught more than one person up even after they've rooted for a long time.

It's the latter, I've tried it multiple times in ROM manager, from clockwork recovery and even so recovery. What do you mean "allowing it to install "? I am rooted if that's what you mean, I have superuser permissions ..
I just don't know

im having the same issue in a sence. ive been using ur themes for a while now and they are nothing short of awsome. i love them, but im having a similar issue to this person. i wont instal any of cm's updates until ive seen that u have an updated version of the rom, when i saw u had one, i updated and tried to install it. i am using ur second revision of the theme which is the latest on that has been posted. its strange because it themed my google search bar and my browser, but nothing else. my lock screen and notification bar are still the same and so is the market. any ideas?

still havent gotten a response. is anyone else having this issue?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
It's the latter, I've tried it multiple times in ROM manager, from clockwork recovery and even so recovery. What do you mean "allowing it to install "? I am rooted if that's what you mean, I have superuser permissions ..
I just don't know

im having the same issue in a sence. ive been using ur themes for a while now and they are nothing short of awsome. i love them, but im having a similar issue to this person. i wont instal any of cm's updates until ive seen that u have an updated version of the rom, when i saw u had one, i updated and tried to install it. i am using ur second revision of the theme which is the latest on that has been posted. its strange because it themed my google search bar and my browser, but nothing else. my lock screen and notification bar are still the same and so is the market. any ideas?

Have you downloaded the very latest version???? In other words if you downloaded even a day ago you are out of date. Get a fresh download with the file that is there now and try it again.

Also GO back a few pages to Post# 37-39 and take a few minutes to read, you may not realize it, but pretty sure it covers your situation.

jerroedr

Reaction score
i got r3 yesterday. is r3a the gallery patch? or is it considerablly different?

Have you downloaded the very latest version???? In other words if you downloaded even a day ago you are out of date. Get a fresh download with the file that is there now and try it again.

Also GO back a few pages to Post# 37-39 and take a few minutes to read, you may not realize it, but pretty sure it covers your situation.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i got r3 yesterday. is r3a the gallery patch? or is it considerablly different?

r3 solved the issue with the ADW Launcher being included in the Theme file (it's not supposed to be) and r3a has that plus the Gallery Fix.

Yuo situation sounds more like the system being full as discussed a few pages back. Try deleting some of the apps I mentioned that are in CM6 in that post before attempting to install the Theme and see what happens.

Other than that I am not sure what the issue is.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Sweet. i am up to date!

I cant believe how interactive you as a creator are! best forum by far!

thanks and keep it up!

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Problems

Does the patch get installed after the theme? I have been having odd issues today.

When I went to update with the "r3" version I wiped & reinstalled CM6 RC3 from scratch, then procedded to install my usual apps, backed up followed by the theme..........no luck with the theme...I tried 3 times & it would not take & the final two tries after attempting to install the theme when it rebooted I had entirely lost service....NOW remind you this morning I already had blackglass version "r2" installed & loving it......But things get stranger, after 3 tries & and half an afternoon used up I gave up for today, so I reverted back to no themed CM6 RC3, which was to boring, so knowing I had a blackglass themed CM6 RC2 backed up, I decided to revert back to that.....prior to my issues today, the themed RC2 worked perfect....but now the gallery does not open up at all, & this is on RC2.....prior to my attempts to update today the gallery worked fine but now it wont work on a restored version of RC2.....I dont know what happened but now I cant use either version, either the gallery does not work in RC2 & the theme wont even apply to RC3.....so for now im stuck unthemed....yuck....until I can figure this out.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just use the latest Theme file "r3a" and forget the patch.

For the record a Patch file is always applied after the Theme as it is patching/fixing an issue with the Theme file.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Fixed

Well after making my post I read some of the other replies in the thread in particular the ones regarding kernels affecting the install....well I can not believe I did not think of that, but when I had the theme working before I had chevy's lowv .8ghz kernel installed, well prior to trying the most recent install I did change the kernel, I have not gave it a try yet to do a clean instal from scratch wiping & reinstalling RC3, but I did however restore the working one I had backed up, then applied the patch & it works flawlessly....gad damn I love your work....thanks for the help, I think today I will "try" to do a clean install with the r3a update with the .8ghz kernel & see what happens, just because I need to know if that fixes things...thanks again.