[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Simply Stunning v4.7 now available!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thanks for the update. Looks fantastic.

Any way of deleting ADW and the base Launcher to free up memory?

Yuo can delate anything you want...within reason..Root Explorer or Titanium Backup is your friend :)

BUT, keep in mind I have made both of those apps "bare bones" by removing the Wallpapers and removing folders that are not for the Droid resolution.. both are around 1.5mb , compared to the bloated sizes of 4mb +...they are pretty darn small.

IMHO, You would be better off deleting other larger apps from the system area.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Do we install this theme over chevy no theme rom or theme rom. Or it doesnt matter :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Do we install this theme over chevy no theme rom or theme rom. Or it doesnt matter :)

Shouldn't matter....do me a favor and let me know for sure :)

I themed it with the notheme ROM, so I know it is OK to theme over that, if you can check the other one I would appreciate it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

I themed it with the notheme ROM, so I know it is OK to theme over that, if you can check the other one I would appreciate it.

Sure Ill try it for you. You've done alot for us. :icon_ banana:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet!! It has some kind of line going down the middle of the letters and numbers..just noticed it.

Can't tell if you mean thereis a problem or not with this "line", can you post a screen cap so I can understand???

Not really a "problem" but its kinda annoying. I'll try (never done it before) but I'll have to reinstall it. Hold on..

Ok, now your keyboard won't install over thebowers' keyboard! Tried 3 times..

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

You are correct it shouldnt matter. It looks great....dancedroid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ummm...I can't get his keyboard off of my phone!! I even deleted the .zip of it and tried reinstalling yours..no go!! WTF????

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
It's called "incorrect" file naming :)

The "proper" Froyo 2.2 name for the keyboard app is LatinImeGoogle.apk...BUT some ROMers still use the 2.1 name of LatinIME.apk and some even use a mixture, LatinIme.apk (they just remove Google). Since Android is case sensitive you can end up with 3 keyboard apps on your phone..

Derek is theming his for a Cutom ROM with uses the name LatinIME.apk..which is why you are having the problem.

Use Root Explorer and go to system/app and $5 says you will find 2 keyboard apps... delete the others leaving ONLY LatinImeGoogle.apk because that is the name Chevy uses for his new ROM (Thanks for using the right name Chevy!!) AND I match my file names the specific ROM... yeah one of my pet peeves when Devs don't use the "correct" Froyo names, I spend A LOT OF time changing file names because this!! GRRRRRR!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's called "incorrect" file naming :)

The "proper" Froyo 2.2 name for the keyboard app is LatinImeGoogle.apk...BUT some ROMers still use the 2.1 name of LatinIME.apk and some even use a mixture, LatinIme.apk (they just remove Google). Since Android is case sensitive you can end up with 3 keyboard apps on your phone..

Derek is theming his for a Cutom ROM with uses the name LatinIME.apk..which is why you are having the problem.

Use Root Explorer and go to system/app and $5 says you will find 2 keyboard apps... delete the others leaving ONLY LatinImeGoogle.apk because that is the name Chevy uses for his new ROM (Thanks for using the right name Chevy!!) AND I match my file names the specific ROM... yeah one of my pet peeves when Devs don't use the "correct" Froyo names, I spend A LOT OF time changing file names because this!! GRRRRRR!

That did it!!! I'm not at a PC though to show my screen capture. Wanna PM me your gmail so I can email it to you? Thanks btw!!

trol1374

Reaction score
I've been running 4.7 since it came out and the included blue theme with multi touch kb. Didn't have any issues.
I installed this theme and the included extra kb. In less then 10 hrs of installing, I experienced 3 freezes (which led it to auto reboot), while typing a text using handcent msg app.
Has anyone else experienced that or am I the only one?

gwwjpd

Reaction score

TRIKOTRET, are you sure you got all of Dave's themed stuff? I installed it over a backup I had of Chevy's themed version, and I got a mix of the two themes. Some things were Chevy's blue stuff and some things were Dave's 2.2x. I had to start over with the notheme version, set it up, then flash 2.2x, and all is well now.

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
While this theme looks awesome it made my phone unresponsive and caused freezing :(.

tk0

Reaction score

TRIKOTRET, are you sure you got all of Dave's themed stuff? I installed it over a backup I had of Chevy's themed version, and I got a mix of the two themes. Some things were Chevy's blue stuff and some things were Dave's 2.2x. I had to start over with the notheme version, set it up, then flash 2.2x, and all is well now.

Ya i just installed this on themed ss and i got a mix, most notably ss notification bar and icons.