[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CM 6.0.0 "Final" now available!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Cant seem to find amazonmp3.apk, looked in the app folder and nothing is there.

The file name is com.amazon.mp3.apk and located in system/app

IF you installed the Gapps when you installed CM6, trust me, it's there.

There are also 3 other files you can delete, they aren't big but it adds up and they are HTC files anyway.

HtcCopyright.apk
HtcEmailPolicy.apk
HtcSettings.apk

Evidently these are leftovers for the Nexus Version.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it my imagination...

or didn't ADW used to allow for 7 homescreens?? i'm not seeing the ability to choose the number of homescreens. are we now limited to 5??

dbscothorn

Reaction score
OK, 2 new files are uploading, be active in about 20 minutes... I have eliminated the "NoLauncher" Theme.

There are now 2 Choices, one if you want the ADW Launcher and one if you want Launcher2.

File names are:

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wADWlauncher.zip

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wLauncher2.zip

This should solve all issues, but I will continue testing various scenarious to be sure.

FYI, the CM Wallpapers are now in the SDcard/928Droid/CMwallpapers Folder... install them with the Gallery app.

Silly question but if I use Launcher Pro which one should I download and install. Thanks. Great theme by the way.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OK, 2 new files are uploading, be active in about 20 minutes... I have eliminated the "NoLauncher" Theme.

There are now 2 Choices, one if you want the ADW Launcher and one if you want Launcher2.

File names are:

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wADWlauncher.zip

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wLauncher2.zip

This should solve all issues, but I will continue testing various scenarious to be sure.

FYI, the CM Wallpapers are now in the SDcard/928Droid/CMwallpapers Folder... install them with the Gallery app.

Silly question but if I use Launcher Pro which one should I download and install. Thanks. Great theme by the way.

It wouldn't matter, just chose whichever one you think you would like as a backup/alternative to LP. If it doesn't matter to you, I would pick Launcher2 since it is closest to the "stock" launcher.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I am giving your theme a test drive right now.

You can also pick up 2.5 meg of free space by nuking the CM6 boot animation. Just be sure to replace it with one of your choice into /data/local. Heck, if you really like the CM6 one, place it in data/local.

Good call on nuking the CM wallpapers. 7 megs of the android on the skateboard seems like a lot too much.

Craig

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I am giving your theme a test drive right now.

You can also pick up 2.5 meg of free space by nuking the CM6 boot animation. Just be sure to replace it with one of your choice into /data/local. Heck, if you really like the CM6 one, place it in data/local.

Good call on nuking the CM wallpapers. 7 megs of the android on the skateboard seems like a lot too much.

Craig

Actually you can delete the animation all together and not only will you save space, but the phone will boot faster....plus you will see a little hidden secret if you do. :)

Give it try, just rename your current one to .bak and reboot it.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Weeelllll, I'll have to give that a try. I always kinda wondered what would happen with no boot animation file.

Your CM6 theme installed just fine. I made room for about 13meg, and I have 7.7 left, so it seems reasonable. Everything looks great, as usual. I am still trying to get used to the additional red you are using these days, but I am fine with it. I do have a red and black jeep, just the theme red takes a little getting used to for me.

The only issue I am having, and it is one that has always been a problem for me and your themes on the various stock roms is the 4x3 Eliot Stocker music widget. For whatever reason, this sized widget will not persisit for me past a boot. It will install, play music, etc. But when I boot I only see the lower bar, transparent, and the widget is unuseable. The other three sizes work great, and the 4x3 worked on the base CM6. Something about your theme. But hey, my most disliked color in the world is cyan. The mere fact that your theme replaced the power widget lower cyan on/off bars with green makes me very happy............

Thanks again,

Craig

Edit: Found two more easily corrected "problems". In lancher pro, I have the camera app and gallery app on one of my scrollable docks. Both went to forceclose, but I simply longpressed and replaced with the same app and they are as good as new.

Last edited:

jdm627

Reaction score

There are also 3 other files you can delete, they aren't big but it adds up and they are HTC files anyway.

HtcCopyright.apk
HtcEmailPolicy.apk
HtcSettings.apk

Tried to remove Htc files with Root but can not be deleted

loop4zil

Reaction score
Original twitter

Weird...the Twitter app/widget just randomly became unthemed. Did this happen to anyone else? I assume the fix is it rerun the zip file?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Weird...the Twitter app/widget just randomly became unthemed. Did this happen to anyone else? I assume the fix is it rerun the zip file?

$5 says you had the Twiitter Market version set to automatically update....You can go to Manage Applications, select Twitter and tap "Uninstall Updates" and it will revert back to the Themed version. Then go to the Market, find Twitter and deslect Automatic updates.

As soon as I get an inverted version of the latest Twitter I will have a Patch update for it.

Cali E

Reaction score

HtcCopyright.apk
HtcEmailPolicy.apk
HtcSettings.apk

Tried to remove Htc files with Root but can not be deleted

when you're in root explorer there is an option at the top right of the screen that says r/o r/w. r/o is default highlighted for read/only. You need to change it to r/w or read/write and then you will be able to manipulate the file however you like.