The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

tu3218

Reaction score
Not at all...but I never use my phone to record video...so I could care less.

But that does make my original claim a lie huh?

So I have the Camcorder and backlight issues....neither of which is a big deal to me. But the big one...the 3g...is good.

No, in fact you got me thinking about flashing this now and that there is hope. My main gripe was that the 3g would kick out and now I know its possible that it may not happen. I also very rarely use the camcorder.

jbg25

Reaction score
Not at all...but I never use my phone to record video...so I could care less.

But that does make my original claim a lie huh?

So I have the Camcorder and backlight issues....neither of which is a big deal to me. But the big one...the 3g...is good.

No, in fact you got me thinking about flashing this now and that there is hope. My main gripe was that the 3g would kick out and now I know its possible that it may not happen. I also very rarely use the camcorder.

I have been thinking about this all afternoon. When it comes to programming...a bug is a bug, and something like the 3g issue should occur across the board.

So I have a theory. I use Juice defender and have it turn my wifi/data/etc off every time the screen is off (and the phone locks). I also, use very conservative power settings. For instance, I have the phone lock as soon as the screen goes off. Combine that with the fact that juice defender turns off 3G and WiFi as soon as my phone locks...Put all this together and you essentally have the phone resetting the 3g after every call.

However there is one frustration. When I finish a call and I hang up the screen goes off and the phone locks. So when I am off a call I always have to unlock the phone.

jsimon

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let you knw I was having a scrolling problem use the luncher pro 3d app drawer. So I had to revert to the 2d one. But love the rom keep it going

Sent from my Droid 1

valk_17

Reaction score
droid on metropcs:

hey guys, I bought a used droid at a metropcs store in atlanta back in october. The guy flashed it, and everything but picture messaging works. Turns ou the previous owner rooted the phone and its running android 2.1 with smoked glass v6. Thinking about switching to ultimate droid, but have several questions. Forgive the lack of time to read 47 pages of replies if I repeat anything.

1: Is UD 2.5 a froyo or gingerbread rom?

2: Will either of these work with metropcs, and will the flashing instructions found on other threads work with ultimate droid?

3: Will the phone still be rooted?

4: Will either of these roms work with metropcs internet? I know its slow, but I don't have internet at home so wifi is not reliable for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
1: Is UD 2.5 a froyo or gingerbread rom?

FROYO

2: Will either of these work with metropcs, and will the flashing instructions found on other threads work with ultimate droid?

Not sure what metropcs is but flashing should be the same. Boot to recovery and do you have sprecovery or clockwork? The process changes depending on that answer.

3: Will the phone still be rooted?

Yes

4: Will either of these roms work with metropcs internet? I know its slow, but I don't have internet at home so wifi is not reliable for me.

Not sure what metropcs is

Godric

Reaction score
Everything seems to work fine except for the camera forceclosing.

Using the latest RC2 on my Droid 1

Godric

Reaction score
Oops, wrong UD lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
droidx?

Is this going to be ported to droidx. Or is there any running gingerbread rom. Not just theme over froyo like most are. UD I have now on my d1 but want gingerbread on my DX.

jessel0001

Reaction score
Unfortunately not, I have been hoping for the same thing but since the droid x bootloader is locked it may be some time before we see any thing. I have faith that be will put out an awesome droid x 2.2 rom and eqaually good gb rom. Been running us since version 8 on 2.1 and haven't found anyone better

jessel0001

Reaction score
Unfortunately not, I have been hoping for the same thing but since the droid x bootloader is locked it may be some time before we see any thing. I have faith that be will put out an awesome droid x 2.2 rom and eqaually good gb rom. Been running us since version 8 on 2.1 and haven't found anyone better

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
off topic but those with droidx look

check this rom out. I installed it today it simple fly's and has great animations everywhere. So far its the best rom ever in my book of roms.

I hope he does a gingerbread rom sooner or later. Many roms out for droidx even with bootloader being locked is no problem.

this rom is called DARKSLIDE 4.2 there's both blur and deblured. I preferred blue myself.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/da...-v4-340-rom-style-quadrant-linpack-champ.html

Last edited: