The camera sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
You really would need to take the same picture back to back to compare. Lighting is the most important part of photography, in the end photography is just recording light.

It seems in the first photo you are seeing the harsh I'm guessing pre-noon sun and then the cloud cover is diffusing the light giving the storm better colors.

Point well taken as my wife already noted to me as well. :)

I edited my posts to make it clearer which pic was taken with which phone.

I am going to do a more fair comparison as soon as time permits.

vertical

Reaction score
I didn't catch which camera "or phone" was used on each pic?
In my post, the Droid was the white car, or the one in the quotation box. The other two were the Samsung Omnia. They were resized to 800X600 due to Photobucket uploading. I am really pleased with the photos and photo options available with the Omnia. The camera is the only reason I say I "like" this phone. What say you about the camera on the Droid? Is it comparable to the Omnia as far as the abilities in photo snapping? (In reference to effects, and photo options like: Panorama, and multishot)

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
On the storm, the flash acts as a light for recording in the dark. Is this something can be added to the DROID via an update or should I just get a flashlight tape it to the side when I need to record in the dark?

Kevin8se7en

Reaction score
I've taken great pictures with it. IDK why it would be pixelated for you and not me. Even reviewers said it took great pictures.

HEMDROID

Reaction score
it works as good as expected,,, the video is real nice and no timeout video till the battery dies if like...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I turned my MP for 5 down to 3 and it helps with the speed for now, plus 3 is plenty. I've been happy with it.

Earthwalker

Reaction score
I did not see anybody mention this, and I don't know if you found it yet but taping on the vertical bar on the left allows you to make some changes. Like picture size and quality, along with white balance and focus mode.

I have read that there has been an issue with some of the Droids camera. Maybe your was the last one made on a Friday!!

FordTrux

Reaction score
ive took a few photos and most come out pretty good, u have to hold pretty still to get it to be decent, and the flash doesnt work all that great but its still a good camera for a cell phone.

ryanm

Reaction score
An app or update, either could turn on the flash for video recording

T6D16C84

Reaction score
Wow, were people expecting digital camera quality shots from a phone?? It's a cell phone, its not for taking prize photographs of your favorite bird in a beautiful landscape. It's for popping quick shots @ parties and events for quick viewing later. If the massive resolution is an issue, tone down the resolution in the settings, I'm sure there is a way to shoot pictures at 1024X768 or even 800X600. This will correct some of the pixilation on full screen views.

Anomander

Reaction score
Wow, were people expecting digital camera quality shots from a phone?? It's a cell phone, its not for taking prize photographs of your favorite bird in a beautiful landscape. It's for popping quick shots @ parties and events for quick viewing later. If the massive resolution is an issue, tone down the resolution in the settings, I'm sure there is a way to shoot pictures at 1024X768 or even 800X600. This will correct some of the pixilation on full screen views.
Agreed. Biggest thing is that the resolution is to big at 5MP. I have not seen anyway to change the resolution when you shoot the pictures. For what it is, it will get the job done. I think it will come in handy if I am out and about and my DSLR is not with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.