Froyo - Camera

spillner

Reaction score
Mine takes great pics AND video... I think both are much better than before...

dea5f444.jpg

Link to You Tube Video... YouTube - '84 Harley FXRS

We get it it, it didn't effect everyone. Why are people posting they don't have this issue to people who do. It obviously exists or nobody would post anything

spillner

Reaction score
sorry for being a noob

Hi, I had the same exact issue with the camera and leak 2. I just fixed mine, here's what I did. Maybe it will work for you.

Push the CameraGoogle.apk from the FIRST 2.2 leak to SD card

in ADB shell with SU and /system mounted RW

rm /system/app/CameraGoogle.apk
rm /data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex
rm -r /data/data/com.google.android.camera
busybox install /sdcard/CameraGoogle.apk /system/app

Reboot

After that, camera works fine (for now)...hope this helps.

Ned

I don't have any experience doing anything like this. Can you please post step by step instruction on how to fix the camera using your method?

Thanks

rdburke

Reaction score
Hi, I had the same exact issue with the camera and leak 2. I just fixed mine, here's what I did. Maybe it will work for you.

Reboot

Ned

I don't have any experience doing anything like this. Can you please post step by step instruction on how to fix the camera using your method?

Thanks

That is the step by step but if you are not familiar with doing ADB push do not try this fix. I have begged for a update.zip to be created but have had no responses yet.

Here is the link to the file you need-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5828026/CameraGoogle.apk

Last edited:

spillner

Reaction score

Reboot

Ned

Thanks

That is the step by step but if you are not familiar with doing ADB push do not try this fix. I have begged for a update.zip to be created but have had no responses yet.

Here is the link to the file you need-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5828026/CameraGoogle.apk

I'll give it a try, just tell me if this is right:

1: open terminal emulator
2: Type the following
-su
-/system mounted RW
-rm /system/app/CameraGoogle.apk
-rm /data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex
-rm -r /data/data/com.google.android.camera
-busybox install /sdcard/CameraGoogle.apk /system/app
-reboot

I have the new camera apk already on my SD card. This camera issue is the only thing keeping my phone from being perfect. I'm willing to try anything to fix it.

Any help would be great, Thanks

erbe232

Reaction score
well in terminal just type
su
then sysrw
that will mount your system so you arent on read only. then proceed with the following code exactly as its posted. after the busybox command you can type in sysro to change it back to read only but you do not have to. hope that helps

spillner

Reaction score

Reboot

Ned

Ned what problem did you have with your camera? Was it the purple haze? I tried your solution but it didn't help, unless I did it wrong but I got no error messages so I figure everything went fine.

Anybody else have any luck fixing this problem?

Reaction score
The purple haze is killing me I cannot do with out my camera so back to CM for now :( I miss froyo already

rdburke

Reaction score
The purple haze is killing me I cannot do with out my camera so back to CM for now :( I miss froyo already

Hang on tight, maybe Motorola will release the "Official" Froyo soon and we will get the "Built From Source" versions and this issue will be moot. I am the same way about my camera, that is why I left the Froyo and went back to UD NE 1.5.0. I'm afraid I might run across Bigfoot or a UFO and will need that credible photo. Can't have a pink Bigfoot, nobody would believe it. LOL
dancedroid

spillner

Reaction score
We're screwed, no one seems to care about this. Oh well froyo was nice while it lasted. Disappointed

john48

Reaction score

Reboot

Ned

I have tried this too, several times with different roms. On the last go round I found something that might give a clue to whats happening. I would take a picture of the blank screen, I tapped the picture to view it. When viewing it in the gallery I clicked the menu button that shows the Camera in the top right. When I went back to the camera it had a picture that looked like infra red. It would change as I moved the camera around, I could see in the background what should be showing in a normal viewfinder. See attached.

rdburke

Reaction score

Reboot

Ned

I have tried this too, several times with different roms. On the last go round I found something that might give a clue to whats happening. I would take a picture of the blank screen, I tapped the picture to view it. When viewing it in the gallery I clicked the menu button that shows the Camera in the top right. When I went back to the camera it had a picture that looked like infra red. It would change as I moved the camera around, I could see in the background what should be showing in a normal viewfinder. See attached.

Ok tell me what your clue is because I see the pictures but I don't have a clue as to what you think is the solution.:icon_eek:

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
Well, I just loaded up the newest Froyo (coming from Stock 2.1) and am having the black screen issue with the Camera. I don't use the camera that much so it's not a huge issue, but it is a bit disappointing. Hopefully there will be a fix soon or it will be solved in the next release.