Should I return my Razr for a Galaxy Nexus??

chaz2400

Reaction score
I was also originally planning on swapping... not anymore! I love my RAZR, well built and works great... couldnt be happier.

Htown315

Reaction score
It depends. Do you care about an unlocked bootloader? Is the slightly better tech worth the restocking fee to you? Gnex has USB storage so removable storage is not an issue. Besides 32gigs is a lot unless you stockpile alot of video. My guess is if you are asking a forum to decide for you then no keep the razr.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would still root it, you don't have to put a custom ROM on it. There are some nice root apps out there.

As to not totally knock ROMs, you can get better battery life with a good ROM/kernel combo. I don't know if that applies to Moto phones with encrypted bootloaders. Yea progress has been made with 2nd init but I've been out of the ROM scene so long I'm lost now.

Count me as one that removable storage is more important than a removable battery. With enough music, pics and videos...space can disappear quick. My Droid X1 has about 2GB left..and that was 16GB. And all I really have on it is music, pics and emulators.

There are pros n cons to both removable/non removable batteries and storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

SeanRa

Reaction score
And the locked boot loader is only temporary from what I'm reading. With the update to ICS we will have it unlocked. Seems alot of the dev work is waiting on that.
I too originally MEANT to trade this phone in on a g nex, but this phone is just way too nice. And only a matter of time before we can have whatever we want in it. :)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
And the locked boot loader is only temporary from what I'm reading. With the update to ICS we will have it unlocked. Seems alot of the dev work is waiting on that.
I too originally MEANT to trade this phone in on a g nex, but this phone is just way too nice. And only a matter of time before we can have whatever we want in it. :)

+1 :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

honors21

Reaction score
I thought about it but between the smart actions and the Razr remembering what you do to run faster I am not making the trade.I hope ICS comes out sooner than later.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Verizon says they will not be doing that and I should contact Motorola to see what the cost and process is. That's what I did. Can that change? Sure, but don't count on it.

I don't doubt that today, but there was a time when the Verizon stores didn't do any repairs or even do any data programming, other than programming the phone number into the phone and activating it. Now, they're even flashing full ROMs. I tend to agree with the comment above, but as you said, things can change. I'll bet that the non-company owned Verizon stores (i.e. resellers) will be interested in gaining the knowledge and tools to do it. The profit margin will be very high, since the batteries themselves will be fairly inexpensive at wholesale pricing to them. They might pay $16 for a battery, but charge perhaps $85, and for maybe 15 minutes of labor reap a net profit of upwards of $50 for each battery replaced. Not a bad margin for quick turnover. Heck, maybe I'll do it. :biggrin:

satarecah

Reaction score
Lithium batteries last a total of 2-3 years before they die. By the end of two years however, their charge capacity is down about 40%, which is hardly enough for something that sucks up power like the Razr. And a $300, with contract, phone ought to have a useful life of more than the length of the contract.

.... considering ive had a phone alot longer than two years with a inferior lithium battery and its still going....

With insurance, yes, but the insurance is an incredible ripoff. It's something in the range of 1% a month of the cost of the phone. That's like buying a $30,000 car and paying $300 a month for insurance

As for this so you would rather break your phone and go "OH NO I GOTTA PAY 300 BUCKS D:<" then pay 7 bucks a month.... that makes sense as for the car i pay about 280.... on a car that cost less than 30 k LOL

Last edited:

Androidatic

Reaction score
Before you make your decision, read up on Sammy build quality and radio strength. I'm not going to comment on these issues, just read up and come to your own conclusions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cptnjack

Reaction score
I was in the same boat, planning to trade in for the G-nex, but seeing as its release date has been pushed back again it won't be an option as my 30 day period will be over soon. However I do enjoy the Razr, quite a lot, with the exception of battery life. Could some one recommend somewhere I could learn more about the smart actions so I could use this feature to the fullest?
Thanks

honors21

Reaction score
I was in the same boat, planning to trade in for the G-nex, but seeing as its release date has been pushed back again it won't be an option as my 30 day period will be over soon. However I do enjoy the Razr, quite a lot, with the exception of battery life. Could some one recommend somewhere I could learn more about the smart actions so I could use this feature to the fullest?
Thanks

Where did you buy your Razr Verizon only offers a 14 day return period unless you bought it at Best Buy.

cptnjack

Reaction score
Where did you buy your Razr Verizon only offers a 14 day return period unless you bought it at Best Buy.

Best Buy, Gift cards and such, also like that there is no deductible on the insurance.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Just a reminder, if you bought your new verizon phone, from verizon, after Nov. 15 and before Dec 28, you're return period goes until January 15 2012 as per the Verizon Return Policy on their website:
Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy
You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.
Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply, including Restock Fee.
Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

pyro6128

Reaction score

Haha good luck with that. Between making it jive with blur and having to deal with stupid verizon dragging their feet, you're not going to see ics or an unlocked bootloader for months.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk