Razr vs Nexus.....and the BIAS reviews start!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Did you watch and listen to both videos? I think the videos and what he says throughout speak for themselves :)

Re-watch them and you will see what device he actually favors.

They need to fix that horrendous lag between landscape and portrait on the Nexus.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Did you watch and listen to both videos? I think the videos and what he says throughout speak for themselves :)

Re-watch them and you will see what device he actually favors.

They need to fix that horrendous lag between landscape and portrait on the Nexus.

I watched both....horrible camera, super lag, and ics is complicated.etc......

Was not impressed.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I watched both....horrible camera, super lag, and ics is complicated.etc......

Was not impressed.....

To be perfectly honest I love what Moto did with their UI. Much more fluid, nice animations and the UI is themed to take advantage of the screen (Blacks)

Stock 4.0 is not great looking. Dev community will fix that.

This is Android's weakest link. It's not a great looking UI in it's naked form. It takes manufacturers and devs to make it look nice.

DeeMat

Reaction score
The portrait to landscape lag on the GN is scary.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was really hoping he would long press on Madden 12 or Let's Golf because they are removable. The other bloatware is not, but I feel like they should do a little more tinkering before making false claims. Also, is the Nexus screen 4.65" total, but only 4.35" when you consider the on-screen buttons? He keeps referencing the bigger screen, but once you consider the buttons they would be nearly the same size...?

Anyways, I am still considering the Nexus if the reviews are good, but I think people are too quick to write off how great the Razr actually is.

Tyler_C

Reaction score
I also think motorola has better hardware than Samsung. They just seem more durable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

gthotie5

Reaction score
The lag on the Nexus makes me cry.....I couldn't care less about the camera but the lag :(
Hopefully it can be fixed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also think motorola has better software than Samsung. They just seem more durable.

Durable software? Google vanilla software is much better than any of the skinned android in my opinion

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Tyler_C

Reaction score
Im sorry I meant hardware. I also agree google vanilla is the best and purest Android rom. Sorry for the typo.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I also think motorola has better software than Samsung. They just seem more durable.

I think it's just the opposite. Sammys have better software bu the radios and build are sub-par. Moto's hardware is second to only Apple (maybe) but their software is inferior.

Tyler_C

Reaction score
I think it's just the opposite. Sammys have better software bu the radios and build are sub-par. Moto's hardware is second to only Apple (maybe) but their software is inferior.

Yeah I agree. That was a typo. Sorry it meant to say software. Moto hardware is by far the best. Hence to why google made that purchase!

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
IMO when the Razr gets ICS it will be much better than the GN.

May possibly already be better.....but yeah ICS on the razr will be sweet!!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'd have to say Moto's hardware is easily better.. drop the iphone a little wrong, shattered class either on the back or screen. Many of my friends have broken screens on their iPhones. Don't know how they drop it so much, but yeah.

Also I don't think Aarons review is biased. If you watch his GNex review, he mentions quite a bit this isn't the phone for everyone, whereas the RAZR is more user friendly and has better hardware specs.

I'm personally picking up the GNex as I want a "pure" Google phone, and if that doesn't turn out to by my fancy, ill likely get the Droid 4.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums