RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

alboboy10

Reaction score
Sense and blur both bog the phone down. Sense at least looks nicer and feels smoother to me. Blur was never too appealing.

chadh1

Reaction score
Only issues I have had with my nexus, is that the screen orientation is slow sometimes, but not that big of a deal. Also, 3g/4g was out for a few hours one night a week or 2 ago, but that was on Verizon's end and not the phone. Camera is pretty good to me, never had any reception issues or dropped calls. I get around 15 to 20 hours on one battery. Only thing I dislike is that the speaker volume isn't the best. I love the gnex, best phone I have ever had.

Of course each to their own on what you like and best fits your wants and needs. None can go wrong with the nexus, bionic, razor, or rezound. All great phones!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

Josefius

Reaction score
I haven't had any bad issues with battery life, I have noticed some low volumes compared to my Droid R2D2... the last 2 phones I've had were Moto Droids. I loved the D1 because it was stock (with no problems), had the D2 (R2D2) and had problems with it (I blame Motoblur), glad I got the GN. One good thing about having the GN, is I know I will get updates asap. ICS is new and there's bound to be some glitches on release, glad I'm one of the pioneers :) Over all this phone performs extremely well for me and I get my calls, the D2 had an issue where a person would call me/text etc and nothing would come through, I would call them and all their messages, texts would come to me all at once.

PatG

Reaction score
I had an Incredible and Sense bogged it down like crazy. The concept is good but execution, not so much.

The Rezound is just too big and too heavy for my tastes. Besides, HTC is notoriously slow on the OS updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Interesting. I now have the Droid 1 and am considering either the Inc 2 or Razr. Coming from the Droid 1 the Razr seems huge. Did u get used to the size of the Razr?

Personally I think the size of a 4" screen is perfect. I have no idea why anyone would want a 4.7" screen or bigger

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Interesting. I now have the Droid 1 and am considering either the Inc 2 or Razr. Coming from the Droid 1 the Razr seems huge. Did u get used to the size of the Razr?

Personally I think the size of a 4" screen is perfect. I have no idea why anyone would want a 4.7" screen or bigger

Games, movies, awesomeness to name a couple! I have no idea why anyone would want a phone under 4.3"!

Icyhot1966

Reaction score

Absolutely agree. Marry the iPhone display with a 4" screen and that would be perfection.

pswin09

Reaction score
4.3" is the best for me. After using atrix, photon, sgs2 & razr don't want to look back to small screens. IMO galaxy note screen is too big lol.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
Absolutely agree. Marry the iPhone display with a 4" screen and that would be perfection.
LG, who makes the iPhone display, already makes IPS LCD displays that are larger than the iPhone's paltry 3.5" (though I think LG is going the 4.5" route; they still match the iPhone's pixel density). I still prefer sAMOLED to IPS LCD, though, regardless of screen size, ppi, and resolution.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As some of yall can see. ... this is typed from a G Nex. I'm test driving it for about ten days.

Reading about all the issues, and the first day using it...I thought here we go. After the first day... things are looking better. One area its surprising me in is phone reception. For my wants n needs.. so far its doing ok. I'm only talking about phone reception right now. Will see how things go in ten days.

I feel I can say this: so far...just based on regular phone use... neither is clearly better than the other. They both are fast, smooth. I also must have a decent working one. And maybe its 4.0.1 I am getting a prompt for an update... wont do it just yet... but some keyboard and some screen rotations do lag compared to the razr. Thats with animations turned off on both phones.

Mad that verizon is counting the day shipped, and not the day activated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
LG, who makes the iPhone display, already makes IPS LCD displays that are larger than the iPhone's paltry 3.5" (though I think LG is going the 4.5" route; they still match the iPhone's pixel density). I still prefer sAMOLED to IPS LCD, though, regardless of screen size, ppi, and resolution.

I still think the paltry 3.5" on the iPhone is the clearest and best display on any device, and that includes the GN and Rezound. Text just looks better on the iPhone. I think Toshiba is going to make a 4" display for the next iPhone.

Zandar

Reaction score
I still think the paltry 3.5" on the iPhone is the clearest and best display on any device, and that includes the GN and Rezound. Text just looks better on the iPhone. I think Toshiba is going to make a 4" display for the next iPhone.
Then you'll love the new LG phones. I just don't personally care for LCD (be it IPS, PLS, SLCD, etc.).

Androidatic

Reaction score

I think it's a bit on the big side, I would prefer 4.0", but that's not an option. Texting one handed is little problematic when I have to reach to tell far side of the screen, but I adjusted.

The only thing with the Dinc 2 is that it isn't 4G. I don't want to have to wait almost 2 more years to get a 4G phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
The nexus I think has the best display on the market. I prefer it to the iPhone and rezound by far.

Reaction score
gorilla glass can break? i thought it was made of indestructible unobtainium. :icon_eek: