Razr vs Nexus.....and the BIAS reviews start!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nexus having issue and all the hype ah just like the bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

And the Droid X1 and the EVO and the T Bolt and the [insert phone here] We should know by know that no phone is perfect...lol. Didnt the RAZR have some too? I'm not sure since mine has been almost flawless.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
And the Droid X1 and the EVO and the T Bolt and the [insert phone here] We should know by know that no phone is perfect...lol. Didnt the RAZR have some too? I'm not sure since mine has been almost flawless.

My Razr has also been flawless, and I don't think we're alone. With each Nexus review I read, the more I am thinking I will stay with the Razr. I had fun tinkering with my OG Droid, but I don't know if I have the time or if I am up for doing that again. The Razr with Blur is great, and the build quality (IMO) is second to none. The first complaint about the Nexus from everyone is the quality, and specifically the battery door feeling like it will break in no time. I don't have the luxury of getting a new phone every few months, so build quality is extremely important. I still plan on checking out the Nexus tomorrow, but right now, I am happier with the Razr than I was earlier this morning. Something about the Nexus not quite living up to the hype makes me smile.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Razr has also been flawless, and I don't think we're alone. With each Nexus review I read, the more I am thinking I will stay with the Razr. I had fun tinkering with my OG Droid, but I don't know if I have the time or if I am up for doing that again. The Razr with Blur is great, and the build quality (IMO) is second to none. The first complaint about the Nexus from everyone is the quality, and specifically the battery door feeling like it will break in no time. I don't have the luxury of getting a new phone every few months, so build quality is extremely important. I still plan on checking out the Nexus tomorrow, but right now, I am happier with the Razr than I was earlier this morning. Something about the Nexus not quite living up to the hype makes me smile.

The RAZR is an awesome phone no doubt, but when I went to check it out, the sides are so thin it almost feel sharp to me and was too wide. Had that not been the case, I'd of got it on release day easy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
The nexus is amazingly nice...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was really hoping he would long press on Madden 12 or Let's Golf because they are removable. The other bloatware is not, but I feel like they should do a little more tinkering before making false claims. Also, is the Nexus screen 4.65" total, but only 4.35" when you consider the on-screen buttons? He keeps referencing the bigger screen, but once you consider the buttons they would be nearly the same size...?

Anyways, I am still considering the Nexus if the reviews are good, but I think people are too quick to write off how great the Razr actually is.

Not defending the review and the 4.65" diagonal display specs, but the screen on the Nexus is wider. It's obvious when you see things like a full webpage or the keyboard. You can also see if you visually compare the black boarder around the displays and take into consideration the actual phone bodies are nearly the same width. In fact, the wider screen means the keys on the on-screen Nexus are clearly spaced farther apart. Even still, watch him type and you'll see he makes far more mistakes on the Nexus than on the RAZR, and that's with the larger key spacing. ...Kinda tells you something about the touch screen's acuracy, precision and responsiveness.

I am thrilled with my RAZR, and someone else said it here... Just wait till the ICS is optimized and comes out for the RAZR. It will BLOW AWAY the current iteration of ICS on the new Sammy.

Overall, the RAZR is in a class by itself, and certainly above the Nexus in terms of both design and function. The major things that set them apart are the screen, the cameras and the OS versions. For me, the screen makes no big difference. Pentile or not, it's far clearer than anything I've used so far and I've tried everything that's come along on Verizon. Sure, I can see the "window-screen" effect on the RAZR, but only if I'm wearing reading glasses and looking up close. For virtually all normal use, the screen doesn't look at all pixelated and the images POP!

There's no disputing that Motorola has it in the Cellular Radio department, as well as in WIFI, Bluetooth (higher version as well), and GPS. What are you buying it for, most of all? I'll take communcation performance over screen resolution any day. Nothing I hate more than dropped calls...NONE happening here with the RAZR, and I HAVE had dropped calls with other manufacturer's phones in spotty areas near my home.

Frankly, the ways the RAZR beats the Galaxy Nexus are too numerous to list here.

:icon_ lala:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agreed. However, the shape of the glass and the type of glass, unless they do something new and better, are just design as well.

I agree, and actually the curved glass on the Nexus is a drawback for one other reason in my opinion. :angry:

With its curved design, it appears to bring more reflections from behind and beside the user when holding the phone facing you. :frown: It acts sort of like a parabolic mirror or a fish-eye lens, reducing everything that it reflects, distorting it from top to bottom, and gathers more light, reflecting it back to you when you look at it. This isn't much different than the rear-view mirror on most cars' passenger sides, which makes things look farther away but causes you to see more things (usually headlights) in the field of view as well. So if you're in an office with overhead lights (or outdoors in the sun), you'll have to tilt the phone downward farther to get the ceiling lights (or sun) out of view, whereas with the RAZR, if you have it pointing at you, it reflects only what's immediately around you from behind (line of sight). I can easily reposition myself with the flat glass to avoid reflections, but with the Nexus, that will be even more difficult.

Last edited:
OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Its pretty funny reading the recent galaxy nexus forums today. A lot of new owners are talking about trading their nexus phone in for a Razr...lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Its pretty funny reading the recent galaxy nexus forums today. A lot of new owners are talking about trading their nexus phone in for a Razr...lol

So the tables have turned, huh?! Love it!

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Well I played with that new phone that came out today. I REALLY want it. It's beautiful, super fast, great camera and many other great things. But I'm passed my return window so I must keep my RAZR. Of course the phone I speak of s the white RAZR :)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot believe I am going to say this.....but I went and played with the nexus today.....honestly I wouldn't mind having it.....but....I found myself feeling very happy knowing I had a Razr in my pocket. I learned to things in my hour with it......first although the soft keys on the nexus were slick and all I honestly believe the Razr is going to be a much better device when ics hits it.....if for nothing else than the, quick access to menu....but you guys have to remember....they are soft keys.....which means google could see the complaints and add it in the next update......second thing I learned.....it is most without a doubt a Samsung. In my experiences Motorola has always made a better device. Especially in build quality. This Razr feels like a $600 phone.....the nexus did not.

As stated....can't believe I am saying this.....but that is my experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

69copo

Reaction score
I think most of the people that are getting the Nexus want it because its the best phone for roms and stuff like that. I know thats one of the main reasons I am getting it.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm still nervous about rooting my phone and this is my 4th Droid. I use Go LauncherEX to simulate what I want it to look like. I'm a bit of a performance nut and the specs are leading me to the RAZR but the idea of a Nexus is very tempting. I'm so conflicted. If only the Droid Terminator would ever come out then there would be no decision at all! But one can only dream.

Reaction score

Just data drop that's about it really. I look at the nexus forum and seems to me its been having many issues

GhostfaceKillah257

Reaction score
1st, Everyone stop comparing either of these phones to the iPhone. The iPhone is awful, Apple is awful, and these phone's both destroy it.

2nd, I haven't seen 1 comparison on these two without a bias honestly. Both are amazing phones, I have a Razr, some of my family a GN. It depends on your personal preference.

GoBears

Reaction score
I have both and I can tell you they both rock. Each one has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Personally I prefer my Nex over my Razr. In case you're wondering I live in a 3G only area and the 4.0.3 update took care of the weak reception. Both phones will drop Pandora/Slacker in the same spots and pick it back up in the same spots consistently. 4G comparison I really don't have because when I do travel into 4G one my phones is always home. Everyone is going to like one better than the other just because they are so different, yet both so good. It's awesome just to be able to have the choice. Also like Ghostface just said they both stomp the iPhone in my honest opinion.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
1st, Everyone stop comparing either of these phones to the iPhone. The iPhone is awful, Apple is awful, and these phone's both destroy it.

2nd, I haven't seen 1 comparison on these two without a bias honestly. Both are amazing phones, I have a Razr, some of my family a GN. It depends on your personal preference.

Bet you've never owned an iPhone 4S, have you...