Seeking the guidance of experts

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry OP -- for the same reasons you cant make the current iPhone work on Verizon, you will be unable to make that phone work on Verizon (or any American CDMA network). The technologies are different and incompatible.

Reaction score
Sorry OP -- for the same reasons you cant make the current iPhone work on Verizon, you will be unable to make that phone work on Verizon (or any American CDMA network). The technologies are different and incompatible.
Check the link i just posted above to his providers store, they are indeed selling a version of the milestone so it has to be something different than what we are thinking.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
After much scouring, there are several CDMA providers (nTelos, CellCom) who are selling the 854.

That being said, I have no idea how the OP would go about flashing their phone over.

awmartin

Reaction score
well a quick update. I apparently have the unbranded droid that i keep hearing about from cellular south. the a854 (sorry bout that). I now believe that i need a different radio. I need one that is not locked to a carrier I think. Any ideas? Oh and RSD Lite cannot do anything with my phone. Every field says N/A except Version. Sorry I am a noob.

I had the same exact problem and I took mine in to the Hays store and they sent it off for me. They said that since it was rooted, it voided the Manufacturer warranty and it will cost me $125 for Motorola to fix it. I am assuming they are just going to re-flash the correct sbf file and send it back just like it came to them originally. I wish there were an sbf file that you/we could get a hold of to try to flash this back and see if they could reactive it.

Does your phone have the Solid black triangle and say Distribution?

Does anyone have any idea if this would work?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...73996-cellular-south-milestone-droid-sbf.html

It looks like it is for a carrier called Cellular South, but maybe it would work the same for Nex-Tech? I don't really know, I am a huge Newbie so please forgive me, I am just pissed off at my carrier/myself for not being able to fix my phone without them sending it to Motorola.

Last edited: