MILESTONE 2.1 update and root guide

rosbif

Reaction score
Intro
Here is my 2.1 update and root guide. Firstly I would like to thank the community for these files used in this guide, without them we would not have root.

Snipped...

Excellent, thanks very much for this. Worked great with a French ROM too.

Kam5lc

Reaction score
Also, the link to the download for rsd lite v 3.6.0 seems to be broken on the linked website, any other links available?

OP
craigcrawford1988
Reaction score
Also, the link to the download for rsd lite v 3.6.0 seems to be broken on the linked website, any other links available?

I've just uploaded a copy to my own site. Refresh and try the link in the post again.

Last edited:

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this with a Canadian Telus Milestone?

Yes I'm running the Overclock with my TelusMilestone v2.1update1 and it just works very good... no ill effect yet 2 days and no crashes yet Running @ 800Mhz which is very stable and down to 250Mhz...

Oh and yes 3G works also everything works.. :) I'm happy :)

pitchee

Reaction score
Hey do I have to update to 2.1 first to root it? And how come on the 2.1 non service version SBF it says its not rootable? Thanks

I really don't know why they say unrootable. Perhaps it is bypassed by the vulnerable recovery SBF?

I am unsure if this guide will work for versions other than 2.1. Try at your own risk.

I do recommend updating to 2.1 and then rooting however.
When im in recovery mode, it says Error: can't find Cache/Recovery/Command and the update.zip wont stay in the root directory of my sd for some reason, after i paste it there and come back to it, its gone, whats going on? thanks

I am having the same problem with that error!!Error: can't find Cache/Recovery/Command and when i clicked on update.zip it says "cannot find update_binary" What did you do to fix that? But I have that "superuser whitelist" in my app list but not sure if my milestone is really rooted... Please help.... Sorry I'm a nood in this stuff.....

Last edited:

Tekniqs

Reaction score
so people here asked whether or not they can go straight into rooting if they're already at 2.1 stock. I was wondering if anyone has the answer to that? because if possible i'd rather not downgrade first and lose all my stuff on my phone.

oh ya, i have a 90.74 bootloader..should i flash the 90.73 anyway?

Last edited:

Tekniqs

Reaction score
ok..so i flashed the recovery sbf and it still says 90.74..is that normal?

Tekniqs

Reaction score
oh ya to answer my own question..if you're 2.1 you can just go straight to flashing the vulnerable recovery and you're good to go. hope that clears it.

stev

Reaction score
guys...i heard the 2.2 update is coming soon....can we update after rooting?

OP
craigcrawford1988
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with that error!!Error: can't find Cache/Recovery/Command and when i clicked on update.zip it says "cannot find update_binary" What did you do to fix that? But I have that "superuser whitelist" in my app list but not sure if my milestone is really rooted... Please help.... Sorry I'm a nood in this stuff.....
Ignore those errors, they are FINE.
so people here asked whether or not they can go straight into rooting if they're already at 2.1 stock. I was wondering if anyone has the answer to that? because if possible i'd rather not downgrade first and lose all my stuff on my phone.
You can try, but back up first.
oh ya, i have a 90.74 bootloader..should i flash the 90.73 anyway?
No-one told you to flash the bootloader... You only need to flash the vulnerable recovery which is for 90.78 and LOWER. That means it will work on 90.74, 90.73, 90.72, etc, etc, etc...
ok..so i flashed the recovery sbf and it still says 90.74..is that normal?
Vulnerable recovery does not flash the bootloader. The bootloader flashes the vulnerable recovery.
guys...i heard the 2.2 update is coming soon....can we update after rooting?
Just flash the stock ROM and you'll be good to go.