MILESTONE 2.1 update and root guide

twinklesam123

Reaction score
Bootloader 90.78 impossible to flash anything

Hi guys, i bought a milestone (About Phone says "XT702") from China, however i found out that u can flash nothing with this bootloader except in my case (the SGC_U2_01.26.0_USASHLSGCB1B2B5006.0R_PDS069_HWp2a_ 1FF.sbf can be flashed only...especially ONLY SGC sbf files can be flashed....anyways,

on the other hand i even tried to flash custom recovery rom via adb(deviced already rooted) and moto RSD...non of them works, via MOTO RSD it just says flashing fail and the phone does nothing if i flash other sbf files of another country same applies to bootloader!

Next i tried adb install the custom recovery(im able to root)...the phone reboots and jumps into the bootloader screen and below the version number it says error with some strange codes...im really upset on this device since i have been saving for it for nearly 6 months...i really hope someone can please help me....

I also tried to flash the vulnerable_recovery RAMDLD90_78.sbf but still can't do anything...

with anyother sbf files the phone respond doesent even say "SW update in progress"

Please help someone...your help will greatly be appreciated

Kam5lc

Reaction score
The Powers that be should sticky this, along with the milestone overclock thread. Possibly the 2 most useful updates a milestone could have (until the unlocked bootloader hehe dream on)

blueicexe

Reaction score
it says signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Going to guess you get this when running the update.zip. Flash the vulnerable recovery again on top of the ROM you're using.
what i did is after i flashed the non service sbf and status pass

i flashed the Vulnerable too

copied the update.zip

and do the camera power thing but nothings happen

i clicked apply then reboot i dont kno how to verify either im rooted or not

im a big dick head noob shiit T_T:icon_eek:

Lysander81

Reaction score
Dear TS, I've follow your guide until step 7, but there's a mistake that i made..... i incorrectly flashing vr.sbf first before flashing 2.1 SBF MY Choice.... then what should i do? it's okay if flashing 2.1 SBF My Choice now? or should i reset my hand phone? plz reply ASAP, right now i've stopped all the process, and i turned on my phone like ussual. thx

lobitoh

Reaction score
Sorry for the incovenience How do you get back to stock ?(in other words unroot).
I followed the steps from this guide.
Thanks for your time

Erebus671

Reaction score
The root fails, it always says
"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
Then after "Verifying update package..."
"E:failed to open /sdcard/updated.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted."