Sanjay Jha's "Superphone"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nvidia-tegra2-concept.jpg

So everyone is familiar with the rumors of the Dual Core Tegra 2 phone to be released by Motorola Q1 2011. Well as promised some new info is coming in on this monster.

According to Androidandme the device will be released across multiple carriers and may be VZW's first LTE device. We do have some not so good news to report though. According to the article VZW may not be the first to release the device. Why? Well if it stands true, I would have to agree with Androidandme, the most logical explanation would be because of the roll out of the LTE network. What other plausible reason would there be for holding back it's release? Personally I cannot think of any. This beast is deserving of LTE speeds and it could prove to be a smashing hit on VZW's network.

The article also says that the reason this is going to be kept under wraps is not only because they don't want it to hurt potential sales of their just revealed devices but because this is "Sanjay's baby." As some of you may or may not know Sanjay Jha will take over as CEO for Motorola Mobility and this device will surely put him on the map. Steve Jobs anyone? Ouch! I just said that on a Droid forum but i'm sure you see the parallels.

One thing I can say without a doubt is that a "Superphone" from Motorola sporting the Tegra 2 does exist.

From NVIDIA: “Yes, we are working with Motorola. If you have questions, please check with Motorola, as we’re under NDA.”

So there you have it. Motorola has something out there and it will be the most powerful Android device to date when it's released. I know I will be one of the first in line when this device hit's. The wait continues...

UPDATE: AT&T has made a deal with Motorola and will likely be the first carrier to launch a dual-core phone running Gingerbread (which might actually turn out to be Android 3.0 – that is still uncertain). That device is the Motorola Olympus MB860, which we have lovingly been referring to as the Terminator.

To read more check out the article at Androidandme.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Definately keeping my eyes and ears open for this one

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Slntagent

Reaction score
this is why i have been waiting to use my vzw upgrade...and LTE dual core :) wicked!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can i haz rootz on this?

this is a nice looking phone. might be worth it when it comes out..

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is why I have had an upgrade waiting on my account since August and it will continue to sit there until a device like this is released. The new android phones for VZW are great but still not enough of an upgrade over a rooted D1. So I say bring it on!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
This is why I have had an upgrade waiting on my account since August and it will continue to sit there until a device like this is released. The new android phones for VZW are great but still not enough of an upgrade over a rooted D1. So I say bring it on!

Agreed! There there isn't enough being offered from the newest devices that will persuade me to sign another two year contract when my rooted Droid 1 can offer me everything I need.

rcjames

Reaction score
Hopefully the NVIDIA chipset will last longer than the one that came in my laptop.

LOL, you musted over clock that laptop. Nvidia chipset are top of the line and their video card are top stuff and have great support for linux. Ati is not a linux friendly. Keep in mind dual core and nvidia chipset and video card. I see this phone a heat beast.

sdny8

Reaction score
But who will still want thisif you can't root. A locked down bootloader is almost certain. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the reasons Verizon isn't the first to release it is because they're exploring ways to lock it down

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
But who will still want thisif you can't root. A locked down bootloader is almost certain. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the reasons Verizon isn't the first to release it is because they're exploring ways to lock it down
If the continuing trend is to keep locking down the phones than most likely people will go with best specs when choosing a new phone. I love my D1 but eventually it will outdate itself and with these new phones getting more challenging to root this phone has mass appeal because of rumored specs. Just my opinion obviously, but this phone could be a game changer. It will be interesting to see how other manufactures keep pace with Motorola on this one.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)