Motorola confirms T2's possible early Q1 release

shmoo

Reaction score
I agree with the digital KB, but you also have to realize that what is pictured is only a prototype and most likely will not be what gets produced. I look forward to what's to come but want to see real proof first.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk Pro

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Pic is just a render. It in no way depicts or assumes the likeness of the the actual Motorola device.

You can bet getting any kind of leaked info is going to be an uphill battle.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pic is just a render. It in no way depicts or assumes the likeness of the the actual Motorola device.

You can bet getting any kind of leaked info is going to be an uphill battle.

...but if anyone can climb that hill, my money's on ck! pressure's on now... :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I do like the digital keyboard as long as it has some sort of physical border between each keys location. I love virtual keyboards. you can type pretty damn fast on them since you don't have to worry about pressure for the key to recognize.

As for it being a slide out keyboard. that is cool too because then you don't lose any screen space for the keyboard. I love my DX and its screen size, but it sucks to lose 1/3 of it for a keyboard at times.

brando56894

Reaction score
Q1 eh? Im going to try and upgrade my droid1 in March but Im not really due for an upgrade until november 2011. Now the question is do I pay more or full price since I will have only had my droid for a year or do I wait until november and get a bad a$$ phone for a lot cheaper?

As for the T2 - What is the point of a digital keyboard? If you wanted to tap on a flat surface, why bother with a pop-out keyboard at all?

Screen real estate. A little while back a few of us had the idea of two touch surfaces: the main screen for the usual stuff and a pull out screen that could display different things such as a keyboard or game pad. Now that would be awesome if thats what this turned out to be.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I do like the digital keyboard as long as it has some sort of physical border between each keys location. I love virtual keyboards. you can type pretty damn fast on them since you don't have to worry about pressure for the key to recognize.

As for it being a slide out keyboard. that is cool too because then you don't lose any screen space for the keyboard. I love my DX and its screen size, but it sucks to lose 1/3 of it for a keyboard at times.

A virtual slide out keyboard DOES exist. I don't know if it will be implemented on on this device or not though.

It would be pretty amazing if it was.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
looks ugly in my opinion, like too futuristic or something. I want a tangable qwerty for god's sake...

Kineo

Reaction score
Q1 eh? Im going to try and upgrade my droid1 in March but Im not really due for an upgrade until november 2011. Now the question is do I pay more or full price since I will have only had my droid for a year or do I wait until november and get a bad a$$ phone for a lot cheaper?

As for the T2 - What is the point of a digital keyboard? If you wanted to tap on a flat surface, why bother with a pop-out keyboard at all?

Screen real estate. A little while back a few of us had the idea of two touch surfaces: the main screen for the usual stuff and a pull out screen that could display different things such as a keyboard or game pad. Now that would be awesome if thats what this turned out to be.

That was me who brought that up and check this out I found it on the "droid "superphone" thread Motorola Android Concept Phone Features Dual Core ARM A9 CPU | Concept Phones

Hobo

Reaction score
A dual-core phone is what I've been waitin for for the past 6 months or so. Would really like to see a Triple/quad core but ofc batteries still got a ways to go for those methinks.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
A dual-core phone is what I've been waitin for for the past 6 months or so. Would really like to see a Triple/quad core but ofc batteries still got a ways to go for those methinks.

Dude...why?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I mean once it gets to the point where the UI no longer takes advantage of processing power then their is no purpose at all for more power really besides video and games. Games that take advantage of 2ghz+ processors are going to cost an arm and a leg, niche market. The video processing power is already going to be delivered in the next generation chips. After that...why keep wasting battery?

Hobo

Reaction score
I mean once it gets to the point where the UI no longer takes advantage of processing power then their is no purpose at all for more power really besides video and games. Games that take advantage of 2ghz+ processors are going to cost an arm and a leg, niche market. The video processing power is already going to be delivered in the next generation chips. After that...why keep wasting battery?

I meant it when I said micro super computer, pretty much just want all the power of a big rig pc in a phone. And in regards to the Triple core, I dont have the article handy but its basically 1 low clock cpu to handle the os and the other 2 on demand for apps which power down in sleep. Next chips will be nice for gfx but they are still going to prob be terrible... Im pretty much stuck in wanting tech thats min 5 years away :r_c: