Motorola confirms T2's possible early Q1 release

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nvidia-tegra2-concept.jpg

With the excitement of all the new devices coming out of the Motorola’s press event, Androidandme has some GREAT news for those that were utterly disappointed with Motorola's upcoming line-up.
Taylor over at Android and Me spoke with the man himself, Moto's CEO Sanjay Jha. He asked him about their relationship with NVIDIA.

These are not direct quotes but the writer was paraphrasing the conversation with Sanjay:

"Sanjay told me he was good friends with NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang and he was excited about what they were doing, but then warned me that new partners who try to enter the mobile space always have some lessons to learn. When I asked about the timing of the NVIDIA-powered device, Sanjay said there was a small possibility that Motorola might release one more phone before Christmas, but the Tegra 2 phone could possibly slip to early next year"

Personally I don't think the device will ship this year but stranger things have happened. The most important thing is that the device is real and Q1 2011 the wait will be over for those drooling over the Dual Core Tegra 2. Taylor, from Android and me, will be in San Francisco next week and is going to try and dig up some more solid information.

Stay tuned!!!

Source: Androidandme

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: now this is what I am interested in

wmnomore

Reaction score
Yes, we need some more news on this. Especially after yesterdays droid pro fail. Many of us were thinking it was something else. It's not for me, but it's nice to see other form factors that might lure others into android.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Yes, we need some more news on this. Especially after yesterdays droid pro fail. Many of us were thinking it was something else. It's not for me, but it's nice to see other form factors that might lure others into android.

I don't consider the Droid Pro a fail. If anything, it may be a success in the business sector. Companies don't want to buy their employees a toy, they want them to be productive and frankly, that is where Blackberry is beating Android IMO.

As for the Tegra2 phone. I sure hope Google makes an OS that can make use of the hardware and do some cool **** with it. I mean, my DroidX is fast as hell, especially since I started running the Rubix rom. I could see a tablet utilizing the dual core hardware for stuff like more than basic video editing, 1080p playback/recording and even more graphic/advanced games. But in a phone, its overkill and probably going to be a battery killer. Time will tell i guess.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
THAT is the droid pro that i was personally hoping for.

/vanish

shmoo

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Can't wait for this one!

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk Pro

Jmart922

Reaction score
Sounds great, but with school starting this spring I'm afraid I won't have time or the funds to enjoy all the Android goodness next year, but great news nonetheless

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Slipstream

Reaction score

I don't consider the Droid Pro a fail. If anything, it may be a success in the business sector. Companies don't want to buy their employees a toy, they want them to be productive and frankly, that is where Blackberry is beating Android IMO.

Agreed. The Pro's release really shined a bright light on how many kids there are in the Android world who have absolutely no idea what a "useful" phone really is. Amazing graphics and a pseudo-keyboard like the T2 do nothing what-so-ever to help you get back to clients promptly, or keep projects moving while in meetings. If anything, they're a hindrance.

As for the T2 - What is the point of a digital keyboard? If you wanted to tap on a flat surface, why bother with a pop-out keyboard at all?