Sanjay Jha's "Superphone"

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah that rendering was probably made by a devoted droid user with lots of free time and AutoCad (I could very well be wrong! I was just guessing).. As for the 4G/LTE capability, it's nice to think that by 2013 I can call and use data at the same time, at 5x+ speeds of 3G. However, doing some Google searching, I found that supposedly, LG, Motorola, and HTC will all be releasing Tegra 2 powered smart phones.

Frankly, I have no reason to trust the company Motorola, as great as their DROID phones are, a great majority of their other products suck, they really do, anyone with experience with Motorola products should know. So the way I see it, why should I trust Motorola when the only put effort into making products when its a couple of smartphones, as great as they may be. To be honest, I have nothing against LG, all of my LG products/phones still work, and their TV's are really something else! HTC, I have absolutely no experience with, but on an unrelated note, their commercials are pretty cool. : )

Oh gosh, I'm ranting...... Well anyway, don't think Motorola is the only phone manufacturer putting effort into getting a decent phone out by Christmas. Oh and supposedly the new HTC smartphone (w/tegra 2) is called the DROID Incredible HD.

Yeah, I'm still going, but back to Verizon; is it me or does Big Red limit the Droid phones more and more with each new phone release? First a locked bootloader, then blocking Google's Froyo tethering capability and making us pay, still with a DATA CAP! Not only did Verizon make its customers PAY EXTRA for Google's FREE feature, but they CAPPED the data usage! All I can say is, thank god for PdaNet.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So this phone T2/Terminator is the Olympus and are you sitting down? It will be released on AT&T first.

Terrible news for those of us waiting for it.

From androidandme

"AT&T has made a deal with Motorola and will likely be the first carrier to launch a dual-core phone running Gingerbread (which might actually turn out to be Android 3.0 – that is still uncertain). That device is the Motorola Olympus MB860, which we have lovingly been referring to as the Terminator."

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
So this phone T2/Terminator is the Olympus and are you sitting down? It will be released on AT&T first.

From androidandme

"AT&T has made a deal with Motorola and will likely be the first carrier to launch a dual-core phone running Gingerbread (which might actually turn out to be Android 3.0 – that is still uncertain). That device is the Motorola Olympus MB860, which we have lovingly been referring to as the Terminator."

doesnt really bother me too much cuz at&t will probably cripple it like their other android phones but it is kinda lame moto would do that to verizon cuz if it wasn't for verizon, there would be no droid, x, and 2 and probably no moto...

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
doesnt really bother me too much cuz at&t will probably cripple it like their other android phones but it is kinda lame moto would do that to verizon cuz if it wasn't for verizon, there would be no droid, x, and 2 and probably no moto...
......well we'll have to wait and see if the "delay" is due to it being their first LTE device.

creaky

Reaction score

From androidandme

UGH! My contract is up 12/4 and now this! It's not bad enough that VZW may get the iPhone crippling its network, now the Moto superphone is going to AT&T? Why, god? Why?....

beargold23

Reaction score
If AT&T gets it first its gonna really suck, because verizon prolly wont get it until 1-2 months later ugh....

Dewed

Reaction score
Have they said what the screen size will be on this?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to a phone like this with LTE.

Hmmm....Wonder if you'd be able to tether and still receive calls since LTE supposedly can do voice and data at same time?

I have mixed feelings about the physical keyboard. I'd like a lighter, more compact phone (but love the screen real estate). Don't think I have much need for the keyboard and would like to see an option with and without keyboard.

creaky

Reaction score
Looking forward to a phone like this with LTE.

Hmmm....Wonder if you'd be able to tether and still receive calls since LTE supposedly can do voice and data at same time?

I have mixed feelings about the physical keyboard. I'd like a lighter, more compact phone (but love the screen real estate). Don't think I have much need for the keyboard and would like to see an option with and without keyboard.

I agree, I would much prefer a pure touch device (or the option for either). And a 4" screen seems to be the perfect size. Now just get to VZW with LTE!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No physical keyboard for those that asked.