Motorola to release 2Ghz phone by end of year

sroach23

Reaction score
in two years the way technology is going they may. but at some point its going to have to Plato i thing a 2ghz processor is pushing it maybe a dualcore 1ghz or 1.5 but 2 is high for a phone. their going to have to balance battery life and power demands. and with how slow battery tech is moving i thing we will reach a peak or see phones with horridness battery life

Exactly, technology may be making leaps and bounds, but it kills me that I have to charge my phone atleast twice a day!

Does anyone know if there are any better after market batteries out there?

Curiosity killed the cat, but what does it profit a man if he refuses to try?

There is a 3d party battery that uses lithium sulfur insted of lithium ion.
lithium sulfur isnt available because they cant be recharged a thousand times before losing their charge.

Kineo

Reaction score
Exactly, technology may be making leaps and bounds, but it kills me that I have to charge my phone atleast twice a day!

There is a 3d party battery that uses lithium sulfur insted of lithium ion.

im very interested, where can i get such a battery and is there one that works with the droid x as well?

Idk if there is one out yet the one for the d1 came out about 4 months after the droid. try google searching "lithium sulfur battries for the droid x". I forgot the name of the website that was selling the ones for the d1

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, swap out the physical keyboard with a battery....should be good enough for at least a week

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
in two years the way technology is going they may. but at some point its going to have to Plato i thing a 2ghz processor is pushing it maybe a dualcore 1ghz or 1.5 but 2 is high for a phone. their going to have to balance battery life and power demands. and with how slow battery tech is moving i thing we will reach a peak or see phones with horridness battery life

This is way overkill, but dude, you totally need the Energi to go xp18000. Lol im sure the xp4000 would do wonders but what fun is it if you cant overkill.... :icon_ banana:

Well, I endes up getting SETCPU and making some profiles to play around with the settings. It made a huge difference! I'm now getting about 14-18 hours on my battery. A lot of improvement. But I do want to check those out. Are those the chargers that work on AA batteries? I've heard about them, but never actually looked into it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is way overkill, but dude, you totally need the Energi to go xp18000. Lol im sure the xp4000 would do wonders but what fun is it if you cant overkill.... :icon_ banana:

Well, I endes up getting SETCPU and making some profiles to play around with the settings. It made a huge difference! I'm now getting about 14-18 hours on my battery. A lot of improvement. But I do want to check those out. Are those the chargers that work on AA batteries? I've heard about them, but never actually looked into it.
Not the one i have listed... These are more like wall batteries that have a usb port so you can charge practically anything. (the 18000 does laptops, Like i said overkill lol) I want it cuz im an energy hog. Plus if i bought it, my phone would be charged for a good couple of days no matter the usage. I belive they offer a charger to run off of AA though.... these would be a step up from that.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
My next phone will be LTE period. I won't be burning my early upgrade on anything less.
Same here. I've been eligible for an upgrade for awhile now....but don't want to get a non lte phone and then be pissed I wasted my upgrade. Dang that r2d2 droid is tempting tho.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have the physical keyboard as a backup if the touch screen starts to go out.

Is this a joke? I suppose the touch screen could go out and the display still work, but isn't that what insurance is for?