More Tablets with Different Sizes Coming from Motorola this Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Tablets-potential.jpg

More news is coming out of the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference today. Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha indicated that Motorola already has plans in motion to release more Android tablets with different form factors into the market this year. Apparently, the Xoom is just the 'flagship' herald of a wide variety of tablet products from Motorola, including a 7-inch tablet that Jha mentioned specifically.

Motorola currently has plans in motion to release more Android tablets with different form factors into the market this year. Apparently, the Xoom is just the 'flagship' herald of a wide variety of tablet products from Motorola, including a 7-inch tablet that Jha mentioned specifically.

He also suggested that tablet prices will fall in general toward the middle half of this year as component prices to manufacture them drop. He also shared that the initial sales of the Motorola Xoom have gone "relatively well."

It looks like there will be a 'silver lining' after-all in regards to the Xoom and its forthcoming 'siblings'. Does this make you guys rethink Moto again? Sound off in the forums.

Source: Androidtablets.net via Engadget

Last edited:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
It'll make me "rethink Moto again" when the price of he Wifi Xoom drops in price (I like that you mentioned it, I'd love to know more about just how much it'll actually drop), which sounds like it'll be around the time the iPad2 may start to steal it's thunder?? I really want and will most probably end up buying sometime this year that "flagship device," just not at the 800 price

DroidCoug

Reaction score
I would buy a wifi xoom if it was $500 or less. Although the 7" moto little brother may suffice for my wife if the price is right.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm not trying to start a war here. I think that the Xoom is great, I think that they should have released it without making you purchase a months worth of data, and yes I know it's coming. I like the size and it looks great.

I wouldn't sell my iPad for it. Now notice I'm not saying the iPad is better, just that I wouldn't trade my iPad for that (and spend money). I wouldn't even do a straight swap because I use my Apple wireless keyboard with my iPad.

If the iPad gets released this year, and now I'm thinking with the delay of the iPhone 5 it won't be until after September I wouldn't get that either. iPad just suits me perfectly.

I think it's great that they are coming out with so many Android ones, that will make the competition strong, not only for Android but for Apple as well. Then maybe by the time iPad 3 rolls around I'll want a new one……or I'll get an Android pad.

B

bthomp21

And overpriced, I'm sticking with my ipad. I played with the xoom for a minute and it was, well sluggish.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
im sure just like the droid, the xoom will be the only unlocked device...all the rest will be locked down...at least thats what i think

Vito.a

Reaction score
Some are already predicting the new Android tablets will over take the Ipad similar to the early DOS computers over taking Apple.