Samsung gs2 intro

rumblee1

Reaction score
Does anyone feel like I do that the Samsung galaxy s2 is better than the bionic going by the introduced specs we were told about last night? And to top it off, its going to be selling for $199.99 with contract and rumors have the bionic at $299.99. what's up with that?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's better? The only thing I could actually see as better is the processor being clocked at 1.2GHz instead of 1 GHz. Everything else is subject to opinion. And the GS2 doesn't have LTE so that's why it's price lower than the Bionic. There hasn't been a 4G phone that's had a price lower than $250 on release for Verizon.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
It's well known already the GS2 isn't coming to Verizon...

So... in light of that, the only point of this thread would seem to be that we should switch carriers from Verizon so that we could buy the GS2 and be better off.

Well, I for one, know that life sucked under Sprint. There were so many locations I would be in that had weak or no signal, while my Verizon using friends had plenty of signal... so I ain't going back to that.

I know this isn't a "Verizon" forum, but it IS a "Bionic" forum, and the Bionic is only going to Verizon. If any other phone isn't available for Verizon, then what is the point in considering it, at least in this forum? Really?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's well known already the GS2 isn't coming to Verizon...

So... in light of that, the only point of this thread would seem to be that we should switch carriers from Verizon so that we could buy the GS2 and be better off.

Well, I for one, know that life sucked under Sprint. There were so many locations I would be in that had weak or no signal, while my Verizon using friends had plenty of signal... so I ain't going back to that.

I know this isn't a "Verizon" forum, but it IS a "Bionic" forum, and the Bionic is only going to Verizon. If any other phone isn't available for Verizon, then what is the point in considering it, at least in this forum? Really?

Well there are people out there willing to switch carriers for a phone. Think of all the iPhone people. Personally, I think it's crazy and not worth it. What's the point of getting a phone like the iPhone or a Droid if you can't use the service? It's basically a pocket paper weight.

My family is thinking of switching to Sprint because it would be cheaper and have unlimited data. Well here in DC (suburbs), Sprint's coverage isn't very good and they don't even have their 4G up and running here. I think the reason we're still with Verizon even though they are more expensive is because of the coverage. You get what you pay for and with Verizon, I know it's practically impossible to find a place without a signal around me unless I'm in a building with really thick walls.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ONLY way I would switch carriers for a phone is if I get the exact same service or better. For me Verizon and AT&T are neck in neck as far as reception. But I still have unlimited data so Verizon it is. The day I lose unlimited data is the day I might switch.

yiannis

Reaction score
Does anyone feel like I do that the Samsung galaxy s2 is better than the bionic going by the introduced specs we were told about last night? And to top it off, its going to be selling for $199.99 with contract and rumors have the bionic at $299.99. what's up with that?

This could explain why VZW did not adopt the GSII, they want to sell it at $299 with LTE using a different name.

Renae

Reaction score
Why is this thread even being posted. Not coming to verizon, so there is no reason for it to be in the bionic area. I come here to hear bionic news, I don't care about the gs2 anymore....nor did I ever.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Or we may have something a little better coming in the future from Samsung ;)

I'm stumped too as to why the GS2 isn't coming to Verizon, but I doubt it's because something better from Sammy is coming... heck, we already have rumors that something better than the Bionic is coming in the Dinara, but Bionic is still coming after all the delay... finally. hehehe!

I suspect it has something to do with Verizon having tabbed Moto as it's major Droid hardware vendor... or maybe Moto and Sammy are taking turns in releasing kick-ass hardware on Verizon... who knows what kind of strategies and deals are going down between the carriers and hardware vendors?

All I know is it smacks of an anti-consumer move, but I don't know who's to blame - Samsung, Verizon, or Motorola. :icon_evil: