Droid bionic unofficially coming out April 28th!

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Went to the verizon wireless store near my house and I was there to ask about my upgrade. I told the guy there that I wanted to wait for the bionic but was tempted to wait even longer for the samsung s2. He went on to tell me that he hasn't heard anything about the s2 release and that he wasn't sure if it was coming to big red. He then told me to just go with the bionic because it was going to come out on the 28th. He said they received an inventory sheet saying they were going to receive the phone next week Friday and that they couldn't start selling until the 28th.

Only a couple more weeks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rage151

Reaction score
A Rep that I've worked with quite a bit in the past told me yesterday that he knew nothing about a release date, but they were all getting Bionic t-shirts this week so he thinks it may be near.

Gotta watch what they say though.. take it with a grain of salt usually.

illmatic636

Reaction score
At least he did not push you to pick up the Thunderbolt. Those guys are really salesman

rage151

Reaction score
In my case, he brought the TB. But, he didn't try to push it after I told him I had it for a week, disliked it, and paid the restocking fee.

illmatic636

Reaction score
In my case, he brought the TB. But, he didn't try to push it after I told him I had it for a week, disliked it, and paid the restocking fee.

That's cool. I'm happy with my decision to wait. But it's going to be Bionic either way, not waiting for Targa.

rage151

Reaction score

That's cool. I'm happy with my decision to wait. But it's going to be Bionic either way, not waiting for Targa.

Same here - Bionic all the way. My D1 is on its last leg...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows this phone is coming out on Septober eleventeenth

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

trailblazen

Reaction score
I just called VZ (*611)an hour ago and told the guy that I was due an upgrade and was interested in the Bionic. He had no idea when it would be so asked if I would hold so he could talk to marketing to see if they have anything. They told him that there WILL be a 4g LTE Android phone releasing the end of this month (leaves it a little open but still some hope) and to call a week from today again and marketing would have more details on the exact phone. SOO hopefully what the CSR told me from marketing is what correlates with what the OP heard. Here is to hoping.....

tcayton49

Reaction score
Thought I'd try my luck at my local vzw store. I went in, started twiddling with the fascinate and Tbolt while the sales crew was busy helping others. Then one of the sales ladies comes up to me and tells me that if I get the Tbolt i'd probably hate it(Wow!) She told me how she had one and returned it because she was having problems with battery, call quality and keeping a connection(both 4g and 3g) She told me I could get it with an extended battery but that i wouldn't like it(Wow again) She said she went back to her original droid. she then told me that motorola is releasing a new phone and that she didn't know when it would be released but hoped it would be soon because its the phone she wants to get.

ThaBlasian

Reaction score
:icon_eek: Oh man....i'm racking my brain with all these release date rumors!!! Just put out the darn phone already!!!! My OG droid wants to take a nap....i have been working it like crazy! I hope this becomes official......

Droid101

Reaction score
I am thinking that is entirely possible. What I was thinking was a possibility was that would Verizon do another dual release like they did with the OG Droid? Droid Bionic and Inc 2 being released the same day like the OG Droid and OG Inc? I see a good possibility in this i would think? (I hope!:))

oresteez

Reaction score
OG Droid came out in 09 with the Eris. Incredible came out in 2010...alone I think... X came out a month or two after that.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like how there are like 9729348 people saying a different date the bionic is coming out :)

Reaction score
I like how there are like 9729348 people saying a different date the bionic is coming out :)

Im just gonna go out and break the code of silence and say the phone dropped two weeks ago and all yall are waiting for someone to post here that it's out. LoL

Sent from my Droid Bionic.