I want the Bionic More then Ever after Testing the D3!

wseyller

Reaction score
I went to verizon today to look at the D3. Unfortunately the only two demo units they had would not power on. It seems the setup they use to charge all the phone in that area was not in operation.

I noticed a different model nearby popped up its low battery notification. I asked the woman near the entrance. She was like "I don't know. I don't handle inventory." I showed her what I was talking about and then she mention, "oh yeah she was working to fix a some problem".

So that kinda made me mad that I wasted half an hour driving with Friday traffic.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vito.a

Reaction score
I stopped into Verizon yesterday to try the Droid 3. This is a very nice phone! The keyboard is the nicest I've used. The screen looked fine to me, but I didn't try any games. If it had 4g, I would have bought it. I'll wait and see the Bionic, but still will keep the D3 on my list.

music life

Reaction score
Give the d 3 a few days. My x 2 was fast for about a week then just one day I started getting a lot of force closes, reboots, and bad lag.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

More than likely if your phone slowed down and force closed after a week you probably had some bad apps causing it to do so.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

for the first week I had only 1 app, and that was angry birds. I find it hard to believe that angry birds messed up my phone. moto just sucks. Im praying the bionic will be different.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I may just get the Droid 3, if the Bionics price is like to other LTE phones.
Plus I heavily play emulators, and a keyboard would be very nice.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Give the d 3 a few days. My x 2 was fast for about a week then just one day I started getting a lot of force closes, reboots, and bad lag.

More than likely if your phone slowed down and force closed after a week you probably had some bad apps causing it to do so.

for the first week I had only 1 app, and that was angry birds. I find it hard to believe that angry birds messed up my phone. moto just sucks. Im praying the bionic will be different.

You know what I think? I think you antagonized the angry birds even more until they became pissed off birds and that's what pushed them to the edge so they jacked up your phone up in a fit of rage! :icon_evil:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Based on what we have seen, the Bionic will have no keyboard but a bigger screen. And also more RAM if it matters to you.

Hopefully the Bionic does release next month, because MOTO still hasn't said a word for all I know...

CMEINER

Reaction score

sk102704

Reaction score
So I finally went into a Verizon store to check out these pentile screens everybody is talking about. They didn't have a working Droid 3 just a dummy model. The did have an X2 though. I could see where some people could complain. There are some parts where if you look close enough you can see some pixelation around the outside of the icons. It wasn't too bad and for the most part you have too look for it to notice it.

Then I went to YouTube to watch some videos and they looked pretty bad. I watched 4 videos and they were all pretty lousy and was about to walk out of there disappointed when an advertisement came on YouTube that looked really nice. The quality of the videos on YouTube were pretty poor and luckily the advertisement was in HD so I could see it in its full glory.

I'll admit I wasn't blown away by the screen but I don't think its as bad as some would like you to believe. With every phone you can nitpick and find some flaws. It be nice if they improved the screen on the Bionic but I'm still looking forward to having it in my hand in a few weeks.

On a side note, I was amazed at how little their reps know about their phones! He didn't know s&$t! I was telling him stuff about their phones he had no idea about. I felt like I could have sold him a phone! Plus he gave me the "who knows when or if the Bionic will be released" crap to get me to buy a phone today. But he did let out that the city I live in has 4g but it hasn't been officially announced yet. I work in New Haven CT and I knew they had it there but he told me there is a call center in Wallingford where I live that they broadcast 4g from so its 4g or nothing for me!

Reaction score
Vzw has a coverage locator map with a 4g option to see where 4g is in your area... both 4g and 4g extended coverage. It seems pretty accurate

JesterMX6

Reaction score
I went to my local Verizon store to mess around with the D3!!! Man this thing was fast and so smooth no lag at all. the 3d effect looked Great! Boy I want the Bionic more now then I ever did!!! Omap4 makes this one powerful phone!! When you click to go to the App draw it moves horizontally... Blur is much better but there is a lot of bloatware on it for Verizon!! Come on Verizon please release the Bionic early. I think I needed a bib I was slobbering so much over the D3. The guy tried to talk me into getting the D3. I told him I am waiting on the Bionic!!! He said he was too!!!

lolwut?

there is no 3d effects on the droid 3

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I went to my local Verizon store to mess around with the D3!!! Man this thing was fast and so smooth no lag at all. the 3d effect looked Great! Boy I want the Bionic more now then I ever did!!! Omap4 makes this one powerful phone!! When you click to go to the App draw it moves horizontally... Blur is much better but there is a lot of bloatware on it for Verizon!! Come on Verizon please release the Bionic early. I think I needed a bib I was slobbering so much over the D3. The guy tried to talk me into getting the D3. I told him I am waiting on the Bionic!!! He said he was too!!!

lolwut?

1st you should know what you are talking about before you respond!!!

3d effect when going from screen to screen in in the app draw.. And Main screen to the next.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/14/motorol-droid3-hands-on-and-walk-through/
http://www.youtube.com/user/motodroidlife#p/u/1/7UJk8YG5pdY

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

lolwut?

I'm pretty sure that he was talking about the 3d animations when switching between home screens.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I 2 went and looked @ the droid 3 and I must say 1st and 4most-what a well built phone.I mean solid,good weight no play n the hinges no crackin-NOTHiN!!Now when can I get some me time with the Bionic?

JesterMX6

Reaction score

lolwut?

1st you should know what you are talking about before you respond!!!

3d effect when going from screen to screen in in the app draw.. And Main screen to the next.

Motorola DROID3 Hands-on and Walk-through (Updated: Second Video Added) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
http://www.youtube.com/user/motodroidlife#p/u/1/7UJk8YG5pdY

oh THAT "3d" effect. i've had that on all my phones via Launcher Pro

StevieJ

Reaction score
I played with the D3 today as well and was genuinely impressed. If the Bionic manages to surpass it then I will be one happy camper!