I just got a free Motorola Bionic....

jlwardn

Reaction score
I went to Costco early this morning to get the new Bionic(one hour drive). I got their an hour early and it turned out I was first in line. I waited.....They opened and I went to the kiosk. They looked up my account...filled out a piece of paper with the sku on it and told me to go pay for it and bring back the phone to the kiosk for the final activation and paperwork.
I paid for it and went to the cage where they lock up all of the electronics. The guy could not find any Bionics. I called the day before and was told they had 6. That morning before they opened(9:30 am over the phone) they told people they had 15. No one could find them. They called corporate and was told they were sent overnight by UPS or FedEX. They wanted to offer everyone a refund....we all said no that we wanted to wait. Most of us stuck around for another 30-50 mins. I finally left. About an hour later I got a call telling me my phone was in. I told them....don't give it to someone else....ha ha ha....no sir...it is paid for with your name on it. Well I drove the hour out there....nothing....no phone. They gave all of them to other people. I told him I needed to speak to a mgr so I could go ape. The manager checked with everyone and knew I was the first one and he was frantically looking for my phone. Well no phone and he appologized. I told him that was not good enough. I waited 2 hours in line and drove another 2 hours back and forth for nothing. I am out at least $30 in gas. He then yelled at me and told me it was not his fault. Really the store mgr yelling at a customer who did nothing wrong. He saw my point....wrote me a check for $280. Told me the phone was free and when he got more in tomorrow he would personally hold one for me....at no charge. Was it worth it? I will have to wait a little longer to find out. So far...yes! I am getting a free $280 Bionic and about $160 worth of accessories for free

Anyone else have this much grief?

Last edited by a moderator:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You got yelled at? Oh hell no! lol

zetachi

Reaction score
Please I'll take yelling and possible some hitting for a free $300 phone :blink:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda makes you wish you started with buying off-contract... then you would be getting a free $600 phone...