My second Motorola Droid Bionic in three days

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
I order my Bionic off the interent got it second day shipping...Got this past Monday...Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday the Phone locked up from getting Phone calls...The Power button wouldn't even turn off the phone..
So I had too pull the back off and take out the battery for it too re-boot...I travel into 4G area...I am in area from at least hour and half...I keep losing my 4G connect for maybe 7 to 8 second off and on...Verzion tell me it ain't the phone..So I took the Phone back too Verzion old them what the problem was with Bionic...They said get me another Bionic...I told me I want too get the Motorola Razr, that just came out...Verzion told me it cost me $50.00 dollars for the Razr and $35.00 re-stocking fee...I told them I am under my 14 days too try the Phone...So they told me they get me another Bionic and No re-stocking fee...I said ok...I am on my second Bionic. They told me downloading some things off the Market Place can cause trouble with the phone locking up...They said one thing cause problem with Droid is advanced task killer and anitvirus don't run them..I said ok. Some reason the second Phone has locked up maybe Two time in two days...Don't understand where the problem is coming from...I am at a lost...I am stuck with this phone...Because I ain't paying $35.00 restocking fee...No way..Anyone know what cause the Phone to lock up...Thanks if you can help..:biggrin:

AlexSB

Reaction score
Well they're right about the anti virus you don't need it. But it locking up on ya that's something I have no idea about man Im sorry maybe someone knows?

Its locked up once on me, but that's because I used setcpu and used low values for a screen off profile. After I uninstalled it, its been fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Riadahe

Reaction score
Hi. I am on my second phone also. I made the mistake of NOT taking my phone in when the freezing up happened right away. I figured it was not a big deal until it started to lock up 2, 3, and 4 times a day. The only way I could unfreeze my screen was by taking my battery out. Because I was passed the 30 day period, they sent me another phone. Should have refused it when the lady was transferring the sd card and info as it locked up on her. I explained to her that was what happened to me. I think she just ignored me. So every day since, I have had my phone lock up or not turn on at all until I take the battery out. I went back to verizon and the guy reset everything back to factory settings. It locked up the same night. Went back two days later and the lady said it was just me cause she has the same phone and it hasn't happened to her. REALLY? I paid full price for this phone and want a new one but all they kept telling me was to wait for the new update...it should fix the problem. I would like to know how she can say this when she had no clue what is wrong with my phone!! So in the meantime I am pulling the battery out several times a day. I am going to go by verizon again and request another phone to ship because this is getting to be very annoying. I have tried everything and nothing is working!! If you have found anything out as to what is causing this please let me know....I am ready to throw this in the trash and go back to my old phone.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, if theres one thing you gotta give Verizon credit for, it's actually shipping out replacement phones with free overnight service/return box with almost no hassle.

Riad that sucks, try calling into Verizon instead, they are usually more likely to listen and send a replacement if necessary. Same thing for the OP, I'd try calling in and getting another replacement. If it happens on 3 phones, then either a) it IS something you're doing (no offense, you might not even realize it) or b) theres a bad batch of phones that are sent to your area.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although it shouldn't happen that often (for me maybe once every 2 weeks [knock on wood]), on Page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Crash recovery
In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
responding to touches and key presses, try a quick
reset. Remove the back cover and battery (“Assemble &
charge” on page 3), then replace and switch your
smartphone on as usual.

And before you ask, for the RAZR their manual says it's holding the Power Button and Volume Down for 10 seconds, so they aren't immune to it.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
My phone used to do the black screen of death. I called verizon and complained about it. They sent me a replacement without any problems. I was worried about the refurb phone being a POS, but it looked just as good as a brand new phone. I couldn't see even one thing physically wrong with it. I've only had it for a couple of days now, but it seems to be at least as good as my old phone. No problems yet.

AS Far as what is locking these phones up, I believe it has to do with the dual core processor. I don't think they have quite figured it out yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kylo77

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear about all these lockups. I got my Bionic day one and it's only locked up on me once...don't remember what I was doing but it was something user initiated. I'm rooted, on the .893 leak. I am not in a 4G area at home anyway, but travel into NYC quite often. There have been times where 4g hasn't connected but few and far between. Otherwise it's performed like a champ.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's the phone, and getting a replacement won't fix it. Hopefully the upcoming update will fix everything, but my patience is running thin with it...

BYGDADDY8

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd Bionic. I had most of the problems that will be fixed with the update on the first phone, but I swapped it within 14 days for another brand new one. Outside the signal issue nd the camera lag, all those issues were resolved. At no time in the 2+, months I've had my phone have I experienced a lock up. Neither has my girlfriends. I'm in Cleveland, so it may be an area with a bad batch of phones.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums