I've returned my Bionic because...

Zeklandia

Reaction score
You can have my Droid X, it doesn't have that stupid pentile display, not that I hate it.

Sent from my lousy piece of $#*! known as the Droid X "Shadow" or "Ninja"

Human_Droid

Reaction score
I've used Motorola since day 1. I too am about done with Motorola. I'm either going with the Google line of Android line of phones or Samsungs line of Android line of phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

portermac

Reaction score
YES! The display is Terrible! I just got mine today, and I cannot get over how horrible the colors, pictures, videos, and small fonts look. All I can see is pixels. Is there something wrong (or too good) with my eyes? I have my original Droid (A855) and the difference is day and light. My original Droid is clean and smooth......

I think something is wrong with you're eyes. Comparing it to the og is a joke.

portermac

Reaction score
No sir, it is definitely you who has something wrong with your eyes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

But my eye doctor just told me last Thursday my eyes were perfect. That sucks, he seemed like he knew what he was doing.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This isn't worth arguing over. Unless you own stock in the company :) Either way, let's try and keep it on a friendly level -

portermac

Reaction score
This isn't worth arguing over. Unless you own stock in the company :) Either way, let's try and keep it on a friendly level -

I know its just weird how one can see a great screen and one can see a horrible screen.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I followed the X2 closely when it came out and the exact same arguments were going on about the display. I know for sure I've had enough of it!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know its just weird how one can see a great screen and one can see a horrible screen.

That's because much like many other things in life, displays are a very subjective thing. No different than the folks that will still tell you to this day that no screen technology beats old school CRT. You may not agree, but if people are happy with their CRTs, why try and convince them that they aren't?

I like my Pentile screen. Sure, I can see its flaws if I am looking for them. But I can also see the screen very well in bright sunshine without having to crank the brightness to 100% - that to me is worth the tradeoff. I prefer a slightly pixelated screen with accurate color to a Super AMOLED screen with its overblown colors. Those dang displays look like plasma TVs in "showroom" mode to me.

portermac

Reaction score
That's because much like many other things in life, displays are a very subjective thing. No different than the folks that will still tell you to this day that no screen technology beats old school CRT. You may not agree, but if people are happy with their CRTs, why try and convince them that they aren't?

I like my Pentile screen. Sure, I can see its flaws if I am looking for them. But I can also see the screen very well in bright sunshine without having to crank the brightness to 100% - that to me is worth the tradeoff. I prefer a slightly pixelated screen with accurate color to a Super AMOLED screen with its overblown colors. Those dang displays look like plasma TVs in "showroom" mode to me.

I guess that's why I commented because I could never see my d1 screen in the sun and my bionic is crystal clear. I have kept my mouth shut this whole time about the pixilated screen talk but when he said the d1 blows it away I couldn't take it and I could never see it.

tono80

Reaction score
I think something is wrong with you're eyes. Comparing it to the og is a joke.

I got perfect eyes. The PenTile screen flaws are real and well documented, even all reviewers agree. The question is whether one should ignore it or get used to it to compensate for brightness and battery life. I believe I cannot ignore it. Comparing it to the original Droid is not a joke. I played videos and pictures on both phones and showed them to my wife and friends. They did see the big difference. Videos are especially affected immensely. Yes, the original Droid is way cleaner.

I love the hardware on the Bionic and it sucks that there are no comparable phones on the market, except the new Samsung Galaxy II, which is not released on Verizon, and the i-phone, which I'm not sure about making the jump or waiting in line. Does anyone know if there are phones coming down the pipeline that are comparable but without the PenTile screen?

portermac

Reaction score
Ignore it our get use to it? I Don't See IT. And many, many others don't see it so don't give me they crap. If you know so much you should know the lineup of phones coming. Its all over the pixel topics you have been admiring. I'm done with this. I love my phone and that's what matters.

DrZenga

Reaction score
People will hate certain phones and people will love certain ones. I will get the nexus prime or whatever it will be called, but later than sooner. Will i ever get rid of my bionic? Probably not. I came from a thunderbolt, as i said before "It is a breath if fresh air." I love my bionic :D

tono80

Reaction score
Ignore it our get use to it? I Don't See IT. And many, many others don't see it so don't give me they crap. If you know so much you should know the lineup of phones coming. Its all over the pixel topics you have been admiring. I'm done with this. I love my phone and that's what matters.

Relax dude. If you don't see it, hats off to you. I envy you. I'm not giving you any crap, and so no need to get defensive, simply ignore posts about PenTile screens.

No, I never said "I know so much" or that I "admire" pixle topics. I simply read various reviews before buying, just like I do with pretty much everything else for due diligence. I read consistent cons regarding the screen, but decided to ignore them, because I thought they were probably exaggerating, being snobs, or having some valid points, but certainly would be better than my G1. So hey, I see black dots; up close, afar, in pictures, in videos, I see black dots. Spare me.

I do not know what's in the lineup, and that's why I'm asking and truly requesting advice. I'm so trying to ignore this issue, because otherwise this phone is kick-ass, but it's not going away. Again, I'm not fabricating it as it is Obviously well documented.

gtofan350

Reaction score
It's amazing how defensive people get when talking about the short comings of the Pentile screen. I think we are all losing sight that its just a phone.