bionic screen

xd40fan

Reaction score
Picked up the bionic after my DROID x died and loving every minute of it except..... its hard to believe that the screen in my DROID x looked better than the bionic I have! Is it just me or does the bionic screen look like you are looking through a screen door? Anybody see this or is it just me?

OP
X

xd40fan

Reaction score
What do you mean im new to this forum

Sent before I sent it! LTE SPEED BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean im new to this forum

Sent before I sent it! LTE SPEED BIONIC

What he meant was the screen was discussed before on other threads before you joined.

Welcome! Myself I don't have a problem with the screen.

dannyro

Reaction score
I had a Droid X and upgraded to a Bionic and I think the Bionic's screen is an improvement. Not as nice as a Samsung, but I think a definite improvement from the Droid X. Seems crisper and clearer with more vibrant colors. Just my 2 cents.

Batman8

Reaction score
I had a Droid X and upgraded to a Bionic and I think the Bionic's screen is an improvement. Not as nice as a Samsung, but I think a definite improvement from the Droid X. Seems crisper and clearer with more vibrant colors. Just my 2 cents.

I had a Droid-X too before my Bionic and I don't have a problem with the screen either...I agree with Dannyro. Put my 2 cents with his, and I guess you now have 4 cents worth of an opinion. lol :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I had a Droid-X too before my Bionic and I don't have a problem with the screen either...I agree with Dannyro. Put my 2 cents with his, and I guess you now have 4 cents worth of an opinion. lol :)

Hey!!! That will get you 4 Bionics on Amazon :p

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^And for only an extra $160 a month!!

Like others said it looks great outdoors. The trick for me was to just get over it. Look at the screen as a whole and not just focus on a little area 1 ft from your face. Once you do this, combined with its outdoor greatness, you'll come to love it too.

nateohio

Reaction score
The "screen door effect" is caused by the pentile grid/matrix that the screen uses. I noticed it too coming from the X, but after a few days I dont even notice anymore. The gains you get in the areas of better battery life and outdoor (especially in direct sunlight) use far outweigh the slight pixelation problem for me.

Trust me, you'll grow to love it. S-Amoled screens are beautiful, but they are also horrible battery hogs

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Also, just my 2 cents, and I don't know if you have one on or not, but screen protectors can really make a difference as well. When I bought mine from VZW, I bought their anti-glare matte screen protector and the employee put it on for me before I left. When I got home and started playing around with my phone, I kinda noticed a screen door effect. I ended up taking it off to put another one on, and the screen looks fantastic. I think if you put on a matte protector it really showcases the PenTile.

drunkmonkey79

Reaction score
Also, just my 2 cents, and I don't know if you have one on or not, but screen protectors can really make a difference as well. When I bought mine from VZW, I bought their anti-glare matte screen protector and the employee put it on for me before I left. When I got home and started playing around with my phone, I kinda noticed a screen door effect. I ended up taking it off to put another one on, and the screen looks fantastic. I think if you put on a matte protector it really showcases the PenTile.

Same here, I played around with the phone for a few days and noticed the screen door effect. It was easy to adjust too, but when I put the screen protector on, I don't even notice it anymore.