Tried Droid Bionic today. Screen totally blows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezetron

Reaction score
So after getting done with a client earlier today, walked on over to the next door Verizon shop to take a look at the Bionic I had been hearing and thinking about for song long and to give it a try in comparison to my first smartphone, my Droid X.

I have to say, it stood out like a sore thumb with blisters and a mole on top of it. The screen on the new Bionic is a totall, utter joke in comparison to my Droid X. I couldn't believe how "grainy" and "screen meshed" the screen looked in comparison. No matter what kinda screen I was looking at, web page, game, menu whatever, It actually looked like I was looking through a small metal mesh grid, I could actually see the individiual cells it was so bad. I looked on over to the Incredible 2 and the Droid X2 screen and they didn't have nearly as bad a screens in comparison, let alone my Droid X. What the hell Motorola? What with going back three generations of screens with this thing? Its terrible! I loaded up Angry birds and I just couldn't believe how grainy and unsmooth the picture was, like I was seeing it in 300x200 pixel resolution on 4.3'' screen, totally crap!

Wow, I was so excited to finally see this Bionic get launched but after seeing that gawd awful metal mesh of a screen, i'll stay with my Droid X for a bit while longer until my early upgrade next year. I hope something nicer is out by then, cause I sure as hell aint spending $300 on a Bionic now.​

xcrider

Reaction score
So after getting done with a client earlier today, walked on over to the next door Verizon shop to take a look at the Bionic I had been hearing and thinking about for song long and to give it a try in comparison to my first smartphone, my Droid X.

I have to say, it stood out like a sore thumb with blisters and a mole on top of it. The screen on the new Bionic is a totall, utter joke in comparison to my Droid X. I couldn't believe how "grainy" and "screen meshed" the screen looked in comparison. No matter what kinda screen I was looking at, web page, game, menu whatever, It actually looked like I was looking through a small metal mesh grid, I could actually see the individiual cells it was so bad. I looked on over to the Incredible 2 and the Droid X2 screen and they didn't have nearly as bad a screens in comparison, let alone my Droid X. What the hell Motorola? What with going back three generations of screens with this thing? Its terrible! I loaded up Angry birds and I just couldn't believe how grainy and unsmooth the picture was, like I was seeing it in 300x200 pixel resolution on 4.3'' screen, totally crap!

Wow, I was so excited to finally see this Bionic get launched but after seeing that gawd awful metal mesh of a screen, i'll stay with my Droid X for a bit while longer until my early upgrade next year. I hope something nicer is out by then, cause I sure as hell aint spending $300 on a Bionic now.​

You must have awesome eyes cause I dont see anything wrong with the screen.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Wow, I was so excited to finally see this Bionic get launched but after seeing that gawd awful metal mesh of a screen, i'll stay with my Droid X for a bit while longer until my early upgrade next year. I hope something nicer is out by then, cause I sure as hell aint spending $300 on a Bionic now.

You must have awesome eyes cause I dont see anything wrong with the screen.

Same here... ill go to the eye doc tomorrow to have a cataracts check

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
I need to take a picture of it somehow to describe just how bad that screen looks in comparison to my Droid X. How to do it without all the verizon salemen getting on my ass is the question...

Rayv

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean about the mesh screen. My husband just got the bionic. It is an awesome phone, but that screen really made me scratch my head. It doesn't bother him one bit though. I'm not sure if he just wants to like it because it's new, or if his eyes just don't pick up on it like mine do.

tcayton49

Reaction score

Cool story, bro. I especially like how the Droid X2 had a better screen even though its the exact same screen as the Bionic.

Anathema

Reaction score
Cool story, bro. I especially like how the Droid X2 had a better screen even though its the exact same screen as the Bionic.
I really think people mistake vibrant colors and color contrast with overall screen quality/capabilities.

"ooo those icons look shiny, this screens awesome!"

Last edited:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I need to take a picture of it somehow to describe just how bad that screen looks in comparison to my Droid X. How to do it without all the verizon salemen getting on my ass is the question...

You dont have to take pictures of the screen. Many of us have been using the phone for nearly a week though. Cool story anyway though.

Covington

Reaction score
I honestly see nothing wrong with the screen. It may not be the best screen to ever be invented but its a good screen 7.8/10 on a scale.
Works great in sunlight.

tcayton49

Reaction score

Good idea. After all, its not like there's already 8,367 pictures on the interwebs showing how "bad" the screen is. More please

C

Communisum

-1 cool story. "Blows" is not appropriate language for my 7 kids that troll these forums. Close this non-family friendy thread.

holjes

Reaction score
I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe some people can just pick it up better than others can. And I'm really trying hard to see what you are talking about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bionic210

Reaction score
When looking at it real close yah maybe u might c some grainy Ness. Haha. But y the he'll would u be looking at the screen so close ur nose is pressed up against it? And +1 to the post bout having the same screen as the x2 lmao. Good points ur making here bro. And outside this is hands down the best screen. Had direct sunlight on it and could see it pretty well. Any other phone in direct sunlight you can't even tell if the screen turned on or not yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
i can agree with the OP. i can see it at almost every screen that im on. but i dont know about that X2's screen being "better" comment. it looks just about the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.