Tried Droid Bionic today. Screen totally blows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurdle

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store the other day to look at it and honestly have no clue what you're talking about... It looks just fine to me... And my girlfriend too... .. compared it to my tbolt and honestly thought both screens were pretty nice ... This isn't the first time ivecseen people saying this about the screen... Wonder if it's something some peoples eyes can pick up on and others can't or what.. but neither my girlfriend or I saw anything wrong with it...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

alboboy10

Reaction score
Maybe they can use this phone to conduct an eye exam of different people for research.

The only time I like that screen is in the sun. Other than that I'll take any other android.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have dx and bionic in my hands and not a clue what the beef is.... upgraded from the dx... in love w it all from the screen to the glass to the insane speed all around.... dx screen looks like plastic and hated the hard buttons.... if u don't like the bionic either dont get it or return it.... we wont mind

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store the other day to look at it and honestly have no clue what you're talking about... It looks just fine to me... And my girlfriend too... .. compared it to my tbolt and honestly thought both screens were pretty nice ... This isn't the first time ivecseen people saying this about the screen... Wonder if it's something some peoples eyes can pick up on and others can't or what.. but neither my girlfriend or I saw anything wrong with it...

Sent from my Thunderbolt
I can also say that I have no clue about how others can not notice the screen. maybe its an eye issue, or maybe it varies on a phone-to-phone basis. but like i said in another thread, i bought an X2 knowing nothing about pentile displays and what not. however i noticed the screen right off the bat and it wasnt until i started reading up on these forums that i found out that i wasnt the only one seeing this. i can see it no doubt, however its really not a big deal to me. but i dont understand how people can NOT see it. and its not like my nose is buried in the phone either, this is at normal viewing distances.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to believe that differing eye sights are giving us these separate opinions. I can clearly see the screen door affect(pixelation), especially on white backgrounds and large text. It's the sole reason I didn't end up keeping the Bionic.

I think enough people have witnessed the pixelation to know that it's a legitimate concern, what I find strange is there's been enough people say they don't see it to make me wonder if eye sight is the contributing factor to the way one sees or doesn't see the screen's imperfections.

ambrown

Reaction score
This article may explain better why there is the mesh look when viewed at up close. Reading now that it is supposed to help with battery performance it bugs me a bit less :)

What PenTile screens mean for the Droid Bionic and other phones | ExtremeTech

@Rayv
I think you hit the nail right on the head with that article. Obviously there is a difference since the sub pixel layout is different.

That said, I didn't notice a big difference when I looked at a demo Bionic earlier today. But then I wasn't looking for screen quality, I was viewing from about 1.5 to 2 feet away the whole time, and I was a little too busy being blown away by the speed of that beast of a thing. But next time I get a chance I'll take a closer look at the screen for sure.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how ppl got so defensive in this thread lol

Or how ppl are so offensive... neither matter to me.. im completely happy and nothings changing that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol... Everyone is different. So are their opinions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That picture looks like my grandmother knitted it with yarn

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help or fan the flames further Nouvoyance...lmao... I'll have the Bionic in my hands tomorrow night, so I'll see what I can see...;)

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I dont have a Bionic but was in the store the other day looking at one. I thought the screen look great. I was thinking "what exactly is everyone talking about? I dont see it"

edit - and to add, based on some of the comments about "eye sight", I have perfect eye sight, checked yearly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.