Tried Droid Bionic today. Screen totally blows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
I've seen what the op is talking about, sometimes. Seems to be exaggerating a bit though, the screen on the Bionic is very nice and I've gotten many compliments on just how nice it is by people I've shown the phone to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen what the op is talking about, sometimes. Seems to be exaggerating a bit though, the screen on the Bionic is very nice and I've gotten many compliments on just how nice it is by people I've shown the phone to.

I'm with you. I saw the X2 and D3 screens before I bought the Bionic so I knew what I was getting into. I honestly never even thought of the screen until I got on here and saw people complaining about it. I really don't think it's bad. I hardly notice any pixelation. It's only when I try to look for it do I notice - but even then, it's not bad. It's all about preference.

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I think people are brain washed, I think they are looking for a problem, I have no problem with the screen, the phone is outstanding.

billyk

Reaction score
Have to say "THANKS" to the two previous posters that included those EXCELLENT articles. Both really de-mystify display technologies and point out what I've suspected for quite some time now - there's no "one-best" display. Every display has technical, non-desputable pro's and con's.

You just need to pick which works for you. Then move on!

For me, I absolutely love the Bionic display. Couldn't be better!

RedSectorA

Reaction score
In short this is interesting screen tech (pentile in general but specifically RGBW like on the Bionic) with some positives like less power draw and more easily readable in sunlight but due to the way it looks for some people I don't think it should be used. A friend of mine just got one and the screen would be a deal breaker for me. Text looks awful, colors are off, and jagged lines stick out like a sore thumb. The qhd resolution and dual core doesn't make up for those things for me. But if these things either don't bother you or you can't see them then it looks like the best choice if you want a Verizon 4g phone. The screen should be a deciding factor for people since that's what you're staring at when using the phone, not a dual core processor,ram or a gpu. Not that I have a choice for another 2 years but if I did I would still stick with the TB (whose battery life btw is not nearly as bad as what it was when it first came out and will likely get better whenever the hell it gets GB) for now.

kematocha

Reaction score
I went and looked at the Bionic in the store after I had ordered one on release day. The one in the store made me think that I would end up returning mine when it came, however when mine came it seems noticeably better than the one I was looking at in the store. I spent a lot of time with the one in the store too, putting it through a series of different operations so I could get a good feel for how the screen looked. Now I'm wondering if it's just luck of the draw, that some screens are better than others.

RVC

Reaction score
I like how ppl got so defensive in this thread lol

Me too! I just sit here and laugh. As if THEY designed the phone and spent their life savings or something!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Me too! I just sit here and laugh. As if THEY designed the phone and spent their life savings or something!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
I like how people feel the need to absolutely bash a phone that they do not even own. It makes me laugh from time to time.

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Seriously??

It's a PHONE!!!! Not a high definition home theater system where those small pixelations matter!!Jesus, maybe they need to come up with a way that you can hook it up to an external monitor to get a better picture.....oh wait!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I went and looked at the Bionic in the store after I had ordered one on release day. The one in the store made me think that I would end up returning mine when it came, however when mine came it seems noticeably better than the one I was looking at in the store. I spent a lot of time with the one in the store too, putting it through a series of different operations so I could get a good feel for how the screen looked. Now I'm wondering if it's just luck of the draw, that some screens are better than others.

I agree. Some people have the feedback from the 3.5mm jack, some don't. Some have bad battery life, some don't. I would have to believe the inconsistency with the opinions of the screen would be the same.

Some have said that on their display, whites are yellowish, and that yellows are brownish. I don't have this. My whites are white and my yellows are yellow.

Do not care for the jaggies from colored text though, such as red, green, or blue. Black text is very crisp and clear, however.

To each his/her own though. Even without the inconsistencies, opinions would differ. Kudos to those that are happy with it, and also to those that want something else. We have to like OUR phones, regardless of someone elses opinion of it. Whatever you choose, choose what best fits your needs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
@ OP... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :icon_ cry:

Besides the number of other posts regarding this screen, you come on to voice your opinion in a new thread. This is the great part.. you dont have to buy it :icon_ banana:

So mosey on down to the Prime forum where you can ZOMG all over the leaks for the next month or six. It bothers SOME people, but most of us actually enjoy the screen so toss off...(respectfully) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.