Bionic vs. Gs2

rumblee1

Reaction score
In all my years with mobile phones, I've had mostly Motorola and a few Samsung. Both brands served me well but i must say the build quality of the moto is a bit better. With that being said, my patience with moto and their delays are getting to me. If they don't announce the release of the Bionic by July 15, and the gs2 isn't out yet, I'm going with the galaxy droid charge. In this day and age of high tech, and super smart engineers, these delay problems should be a thing of the past.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
It's called the Droid Charge by the way...

I'm leaning toward the Galaxy S II(if it comes to Verizon)rather than the Bionic, because the the display(samoled over the pentile Qhd)will be better and Samsung is getting to be very dev friendly lately. Non of us are sure exactly how good the performance of the Bionic will be yet, but the GSII looks VERY good from videos I've seen of it. Blazing fast and it's super thin. Very nice phone. The Bionic would have to really impress me performance wise to get me away from the GSII.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I agree, I am very tempted to the charge myself. Not sure what I am going to do right now. Getting very frustrated. I bet it will come out sometime after July 21 (because the 14 day return policy and them dumping the unlimited data on July 7) so my guess would be the 28 seeing how they always drop on a Thursday. I have no paperwork, no informants, no friends of an aunt who's cousin knows the Janitor that is sleeping with the girl who thinks she saw a guy who saw someone walking around with a black moto phone.

T_Virus

Reaction score
In all my years with mobile phones, I've had mostly Motorola and a few Samsung. Both brands served me well but i must say the build quality of the moto is a bit better. With that being said, my patience with moto and their delays are getting to me. If they don't announce the release of the Bionic by July 15, and the gs2 isn't out yet, I'm going with the galaxy droid charge. In this day and age of high tech, and super smart engineers, these delay problems should be a thing of the past.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

LoL...Galaxy Droid Charge...:icon_ goofy:

I agree, I am very tempted to the charge myself. Not sure what I am going to do right now. Getting very frustrated. I bet it will come out sometime after July 21 (because the 14 day return policy and them dumping the unlimited data on July 7) so my guess would be the 28 seeing how they always drop on a Thursday. I have no paperwork, no informants, no friends of an aunt who's cousin knows the Janitor that is sleeping with the girl who thinks she saw a guy who saw someone walking around with a black moto phone.

There has to be someone. :D

Travillion

Reaction score
Personally, I'm planning to go with the GSII (much to my chagrin...I never thought I would choose Sammy over Moto). However, Moto had an incredible device with the OG Droid and since then have not lived up to expectations, in my opinion. Samsung, on the other hand, from my perspective started in a slump with the original galaxy phone (no software updates, horrible touchwiz, not even a notification LED?!) but seem to have learned from their mistakes and are becoming very developer friendly, open source, and from all indications have an awesome device in the GSII. So I see Moto as rolling down the hill of awesomeness and Samsung climbing up it. I'd rather side with those improving.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the GSII isn't LTE, I'm passing. I'm trying to take advantage of my location and it's 4G so that's the route I'm going whether I have to get tiered data or not.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The only problem with LTE is the battery drain that occurs. I'm thinking second generation LTE phones will be much better. So whether the S2 is LTE or not I'm definitely looking at getting it. I absolutely won't buy a phone that's not dual core so no Charge for me. I can always upgrade again next year to an LTE phone and since it isn't in my area yet I'm cool with that.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only problem with LTE is the battery drain that occurs. I'm thinking second generation LTE phones will be much better. So whether the S2 is LTE or not I'm definitely looking at getting it. I absolutely won't buy a phone that's not dual core so no Charge for me. I can always upgrade again next year to an LTE phone and since it isn't in my area yet I'm cool with that.

Do you mean second generation as in the second version of an LTE phone from the same manufacturer? And I agree. The GSII is going to be a great phone, especially if your area doesn't have LTE but since it most likely won't be an LTE phone, I'll pass.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g was a big deal to me but it is not anymore since I mainly use wifi. Also after tracking my internet usage I don't really have a huge need as of now for 4g. But I do want 4g. The SGS2 will probably be a better device, but who knows. We don't have a good comparison yet.

And yes I agree that in this day and age of high tech we should not see these delays. My guess is that A) 4g is a volatile technology that hasn't yet been engineered correctly to work flawlessly with todays technology, or B) There is some kind of sales approach or restriction that Verizon is placing on manufacturers.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Do you mean second generation as in the second version of an LTE phone from the same manufacturer? And I agree. The GSII is going to be a great phone, especially if your area doesn't have LTE but since it most likely won't be an LTE phone, I'll pass.

Yeah that's what I mean. I can understand that you might need one now. I have the luxury of upgrading every year and just giving my fiance my old one.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in a 4G area with a feature phone :ph34r: I need to get a smart phone now before it's too late. I've been able to upgrade for years but I've been waiting on the right phone. I'm just going to buy one off contract for right now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know you guys are prolly getting sick of my comments but...If one wants a smartphone now there are plenty of nice ones out if you are coming from a feature phone. All the manufacturers have nice phones out.

Like others have said, the technology moves super quick and one may play the waiting game for ever. I was expecting more out of the technology this summer, but I myself am not going to wait for ever. There are already phones out there that more than meet my personal needs, I just think I am afraid to upgrade because I want to get a phone that is future proof. Not much of the Verizon selection is, but I am only waiting so long. At least the Fascinate is pretty cool and helps the wait.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Fascinate seems like a pretty good phone. My best friend has one. I personally am just waiting on the Bionic so I'll get a smartphone off eBay and then wait. I don't need anything fancy so the OG Droid will work fine for me.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OG droid isn't bad. The Incredible 1 is a great phone too, in a similar price range I believe on swappa or ebay.