[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

currently running the rubix blurry v0.3 rom. can someone tell me how to change the boot/power off sound? it's currently playing this ringing sound and i'm not sure if this was the same sound that was played when i first installed the rom. i've added the black bar mod and added some r2d2 audio files to my sdcard, not sure if during the process i changed it somehow.

I believe it sets it back to a default sound, but I could be wrong. And if you pick a sound from the SD card to alert you of notifications such as, SD card mounting, it will not make that sound during your boot when you get to the lock screen. This is because it hasn't mounted the card in order to pull the sound from there.

Does the blurless Rom run much faster than the blurry? Also, what do you lose when you go blurless? The main things anyway. I'm trying to figure out if I really use any of the blur functionality.

Currently I'm on the rubix blurry ROM.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Does anyone recommend any cool looking themes that go with this ROM?

Thanks!

Does the blurless Rom run much faster than the blurry? Also, what do you lose when you go blurless? The main things anyway. I'm trying to figure out if I really use any of the blur functionality.

Thanks!

928Droid posted that his Black Glass will most likely work well with RubiX BLURRY. But I haven't tried it yet.

His Black Glass is BEA-utiful!!!

This is only a suggestion. Like I said, haven't tried it:)

Last edited:

Thanks!

928Droid posted that his Black Glass will most likely work well with RubiX BLURRY. But I haven't tried it yet.

Considering making the switch to blurless if its better but I can't seem to find out.

Thanks!

Considering making the switch to blurless if its better but I can't seem to find out.

I saw somewhere in here the difference between blurry and focused is like night and day. Just dig deeper. But it's also all about preference. You may not be comfortable using blurless after you make the switch.

Like I said, dig deeper in this thread and read before jumping.

Anyone still reading this thread? :)

Quick question. Is the blurry version suppose to have animated boot screen? If so mine just sits there. Still looks cool but no animation.

Any suggestions?

Blurry .3

Any update of Blurry .3 soon? I saw Focused 1.0 but really like Blurry.

Quick question. Is the blurry version suppose to have animated boot screen? If so mine just sits there. Still looks cool but no animation.

Any suggestions?

Yes, by default, Blurry had a boot animation. (Checked the files, and it's there on a default installation, at least)

Can you confirm that bootanimation.zip is ok in /system/media?
Also, some Themes (etc.) can add theirs in, possible conflict?

I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding Blurry stuff, as I run Focused... but hopefully someone else that might know more will post.

How long ago did you install? There is only a blurry .3fix version now. I believe it replaced the 1st version in the OP. Not positive though.

Any suggestions?

Yes, by default, Blurry had a boot animation. (Checked the files, and it's there on a default installation, at least)

Can you confirm that bootanimation.zip is ok in /system/media?
Also, some Themes (etc.) can add theirs in, possible conflict?

I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding Blurry stuff, as I run Focused... but hopefully someone else that might know more will post.

Yea its there under system/media. How do I grab another zip of it? I know how to install boot animations, that's not a problem.

Spoke to Drod regarding this the other day. With Blurless ROMs, there are several different directions you can go. 1.0 is the "next step" from 0.5, taking it that much further away from Blur.

With Blurry.. you can optimize the apps and framework that's already there.. but once that's done, you still have that framework to use. Many of the Blurred apps and framework won't work if you make too many changes, or over optimize...

I guess, the biggest question that I have, is what is that "next logical step" for blurry.. what else can be done. Drod might have something in mind.. just have to wait and see?!?

By the way regarding the boot animation. I just grabbed the zip from original and it works.

Can't get into recovery though and it really confusing me.

Thanks sephtin, I know your running focused.

And honestly. The only reason I'm running blurry vs. focused is because I love the 928Droid Black Glass theme. And it's blur based.

As per PM, best suggestion I have is:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/87326-rom-two-roms-guys-crazy-25.html#post917447

GL!!!

Back