[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

scubieman

Reaction score
I have rubiX 0.5 installed and I cannot reboot into recovery. I have tried using bootstrapper to boot into recovery and I was unable to, tried several times. Also tried using ROM manager by clicking reboot into recovery and also install rom from sd card and I still can't get into recovery. Anyone know what else I could do or try?

Are you bootstrapper before rebooting into recovery?

scubieman

Reaction score
I installed and love Blurry .3 but I really need the voice search and text to talk. How do I get it back? Please help

Make sure to find apk then put it in your /system/app directory with correct permissions

chazall1

Reaction score
With Droid928's Theme

I have been using Rubi X 0.5 for 3 days and I am very happy with performance. No FC and very smooth. I added Droid928's theme last night just to test. I added the update zip, (Did not clear cache or data) and NO problems with any functionality or FC at all. Now what a Beautiful DX

For your Info
Thanks!

JSans

Reaction score
I have rubiX 0.5 installed and I cannot reboot into recovery. I have tried using bootstrapper to boot into recovery and I was unable to, tried several times. Also tried using ROM manager by clicking reboot into recovery and also install rom from sd card and I still can't get into recovery. Anyone know what else I could do or try?

yes I am, still can't get into clockwork recovery

sephtin

Reaction score

Have recommended this to others in the past.. might not help, but *shrug*.. worth a shot!

--go to menu> settings> applications> Manage Applications
--go to the "All" tab at the top, and select ROM Manager
--Force stop, clear cache, clear data, then Uninstall.
--Then go to Droid X Bootstrapper, and do the same:
--Force stop, Clear cache, clear data, and Uninstall.
--Reboot
--Reinstall Droid X Bootstrapper from market
then try to get recovery back by:
--From application drawer, open Droid X Bootstrapper
--Choose the first buton: "Bootstrap Recovery", then the second: "Reboot Recovery".

What happens?

If it fails, what's it doing?

sephtin

Reaction score
i know i've been asking a lot of questions, but i like to learn haha

so the messaging app the rom came with isn't showing any of my contact pictures. how can i fix that?

thanks

Are the pictures showing up in your contacts it may not be syncing from gmail to your phone.

All the contact pictures in my phonebook are there. They're synced with facebook

Unfortunately.. I don't sync my facebook contacts onto my phone. I prefer to keep facebook completely separate. So I'm not sure how much help I can be on this one. (Drod might be able to assist you more)...

First, going to assume you're on Focused (not Blurry).. Blurry comes with some of the Blur stuff, and should still sync with Messaging components fairly well (??).. again, I'm a Focused guy, but if needed, I could probably reload blurry to give it a shot...

On Focused, I know the messaging and syncing apps that were Blur were replaced with recompiled non-blur versions. Syncing with Facebook SHOULD work, but not 100% sure about contact pics. This is a lil' fuzzy to me.
There ARE Market apps specifically for this purpose, I do know that, as I have seen others talking about them. Maybe give it a search or two? Or better yet, hopefully someone will post that can confirm if this works, and/or how they may have gotten it to work, etc.

Wish I was more help on this one, but unfortunately this one isn't something that I've done/tested before :(

sephtin

Reaction score
I installed and love Blurry .3 but I really need the voice search and text to talk. How do I get it back? Please help

Voice Search (in market):
Voice Search - Android app on AppBrain

Text to speech, I'm not sure about. Focused still has the TTSService.apk and PicoTTS.apk packages installed.. so it **should** work... not sure what other applications/etc. that are required to make it work... :(

If you go to Menu> Settings> Voice Input and Output settings> Text-to-speech settings.. what do you have? (That's what it is in stock at least, not in Focused at the moment.. bleh, testing something... but maybe that'll help!??!??)

JSans

Reaction score

Have recommended this to others in the past.. might not help, but *shrug*.. worth a shot!

--go to menu> settings> applications> Manage Applications
--go to the "All" tab at the top, and select ROM Manager
--Force stop, clear cache, clear data, then Uninstall.
--Then go to Droid X Bootstrapper, and do the same:
--Force stop, Clear cache, clear data, and Uninstall.
--Reboot
--Reinstall Droid X Bootstrapper from market
then try to get recovery back by:
--From application drawer, open Droid X Bootstrapper
--Choose the first buton: "Bootstrap Recovery", then the second: "Reboot Recovery".

What happens?

If it fails, what's it doing?

Thanks, works again finally. Don't know why I didn't think about doing that before :icon_eek:

Mikey311

Reaction score
Are the pictures showing up in your contacts it may not be syncing from gmail to your phone.

All the contact pictures in my phonebook are there. They're synced with facebook

Unfortunately.. I don't sync my facebook contacts onto my phone. I prefer to keep facebook completely separate. So I'm not sure how much help I can be on this one. (Drod might be able to assist you more)...

First, going to assume you're on Focused (not Blurry).. Blurry comes with some of the Blur stuff, and should still sync with Messaging components fairly well (??).. again, I'm a Focused guy, but if needed, I could probably reload blurry to give it a shot...

On Focused, I know the messaging and syncing apps that were Blur were replaced with recompiled non-blur versions. Syncing with Facebook SHOULD work, but not 100% sure about contact pics. This is a lil' fuzzy to me.
There ARE Market apps specifically for this purpose, I do know that, as I have seen others talking about them. Maybe give it a search or two? Or better yet, hopefully someone will post that can confirm if this works, and/or how they may have gotten it to work, etc.

Wish I was more help on this one, but unfortunately this one isn't something that I've done/tested before :(

ya i'm using focused. thanks for all the help though! i'm gonna work on it and if i find a fix i'll let everyone know!

UPDATE: Contact sync works fine on burry!

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score

ya i'm using focused. thanks for all the help though! i'm gonna work on it and if i find a fix i'll let everyone know!

UPDATE: Contact sync works fine on burry!

Awesome! Glad it's working for you! And thanks for posting feedback!

mugsy77

Reaction score

Seph, I haven't installed the Facebook for Android yet as I am afraid they will change every dang contact which I want to keep separate, also. Do you recall when you install Facebook, if the contacts will change like they do on HTC Sense? Thanks.

Droid74

Reaction score
Very interestingly my gmail wont send mail anymore. I have been running blurry for awhile with no problems. I even went to a clean backup...any ideas. I can receive mail, browse, use facebook apps.
thanks