Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
+1 for developers who manage to both develop and support their ROM and users, be they donor or not. Apparently this is something, by the story we've been told, RZ doesn't have the time for, even when devs want to work with him and help introduce his recovery to others who may not know about it yet. No good deed goes unpunished.
I like how the users defend the devs on this forum, which just proves the respect that the devs have gained from the users that they respect in turn. Much better than hearing crickets after a question.

DWB, you are so right! :clap:

-Mike

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
this does happen from time to time...
Go to settings > applications > find the market app and clear data...Reboot and go into the market again, this might bring your apps back.

thank you for the tip. I tried this, three times. Still no auto syncing with the market. I have 62 apps total, and I really don't want to download and install them all manually.

Other than that, I dig this ROM. I have been using it for about eight hours now. I'll try the market data clear a couple more times before giving up and going to another ROM.

-Mike

Hey MJ, i had the same problem with the market not syncing. I flashed back to an earlier nandroid, then i installed a app list backup app, backed up the list of apps). Installed 2.0 again (didn't sync again).

open the backup list i had and clicking each app on the list takes you to the download page of that app in the market. Easy reinstall and actually made my realized how many apps i had that i don't really use. Kept the list going and install them as i need.. :icon_ banana:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Fix #1 and edify format

Ok folks never did get a return message with any help. T-Dev pointed me in the direction of a program to would convert but not needed.

Here was the deal , and i apologize thats why we dont usually rush things out :)

1) why did i not know what edify was?
A) because thats what we have used all along, and never used the older model.

2) what happened was with work for me and school for gflam we were trying to get this fix out and had someone that helped us out (as credited). and it was appreciated. but it worked for both of us so didnt see a problem and didnt notice the file was update-script
not updater-script.
and was written in the older format.

3) so i guess we were already forced at some point to upgrade just accidentally downgraded.

4)SO fix 1 is now correct and in edify Format so if you had problems it should work now.

5) sorry for the problems and time spent messing with our screwup.

as a present you are the first experimental 3 is now the market 2.2.11 which i believe is the latest. this is not themed but tried and works .

Thanks again

MJ5150

Reaction score
had someone else with a similair problem also coming from muiu. But what his problem was was he was running a apps to sd app. since you mention you have so many apps could this be the problem.​

I'll check it out. To my knowledge, I did not install any apps to my SD card. I really dig this ROM and the support for it is amazingly awesome, so I'm not going to give up on it. I know it is something I am doing, and not an inherent fault of the ROM. It just takes some time to dig through these minor issues.

-Mike​

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
U said after clearing the market data it didn't sync are you signed into your google account? I know from flashing constantly that sometimes i sign in but it doesn't stick i would check Settings> Accounts & sync settings and then make sure your google account is there and that sync is on and what not

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Edify this!

Ok folks never did get a return message with any help. T-Dev pointed me in the direction of a program to would convert but not needed.

Here was the deal , and i apologize thats why we dont usually rush things out :)

2) what happened was with work for me and school for gflam we were trying to get this fix out and had someone that helped us out (as credited). and it was appreciated. but it worked for both of us so didnt see a problem and didnt notice the file was update-script
not updater-script.

3) so i guess we were already forced at some point to upgrade just accidentally downgraded.

4)SO fix 1 is now correct and in edify Format so if you had problems it should work now.

as a present you are the first experimental 3 is now the market 2.2.11 which i believe is the latest. this is not themed but tried and works .

Thanks again

Hopefully I am not out of bounds speaking for the users, but it is about time you apologized to the lot of us.
I mean really, how dare you sir...
Wait what the hell are the apologies for exactly?
Allow me to edify this situation so we all got things nice and straight.
You guys owe us nothing, including us donors as we are not the same as investors or paying costumers.

Did someone's phone explode and take out three school buses?
I don't think so.
Did 2.0 cause the Mubarak regime to collapse?
OK thats a different story.

Anyone who has edification issues has not seemed to find them to be deal breakers or ROM makers.

Tell me if this makes any sense:

From Danceswithbongs to all Sourcerers
Sorry I couldn't get everyone an autographed pic of Hugh Hefner and invites to the mansion. He never returned my calls.

It makes no sense as I did nothing wrong or screw anyone over.
Other than Hef, as we all seem like fun to hang with.

Cease and desist all hand wringing from this moment on.
This ruling was handed down by the fourth court of appeals in my kitchen.

Now GFlam, that guy owes everyone an apology.
Get an education on your own time buddy.
We use your ROM, ergo, we own you.

Oh and eagle we demand you split your pay between all of us, including fringe benefits and suede vest that have fringes, as well.

Thank you for your time
danceswithbongs

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

not updater-script.

Thanks again

Hopefully I am not out of bounds speaking for the users, but it is about time you apologized to the lot of us.
I mean really, how dare you sir...
Wait what the hell are the apologies for exactly?
Allow me to edify this situation so we all got things nice and straight.
You guys owe us nothing, including us donors as we are not the same as investors or paying costumers.

Did someone's phone explode and take out three school buses?
I don't think so.
Did 2.0 cause the Mubarak regime to collapse?
OK thats a different story.

Anyone who has edification issues has not seemed to find them to be deal breakers or ROM makers.

Tell me if this makes any sense:

From Danceswithbongs to all Sourcerers
Sorry I couldn't get everyone an autographed pic of Hugh Hefner and invites to the mansion. He never returned my calls.

It makes no sense as I did nothing wrong or screw anyone over.
Other than Hef, as we all seem like fun to hang with.

Cease and desist all hand wringing from this moment on.
This ruling was handed down by the fourth court of appeals in my kitchen.

Now GFlam, that guy owes everyone an apology.
Get an education on your own time buddy.
We use your ROM, ergo, we own you.

Oh and eagle we demand you split your pay between all of us, including fringe benefits and suede vest that have fringes, as well.

Thank you for your time
danceswithbongs

Lmao dwb I always love ur posts they're always hilarious but ur right I'll stop reading and going to class I send my sincerest apologies :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MJ5150

Reaction score
I have my market restored, I did it manually. This ROM is great and the guys who support it are even better. I know for a fact it was something with my Droid and not the ROM. I went back to MIUI and it restored eight apps automatically. I went over to Project Elite and it restored 52 apps automatically. I came back to Sourcery, and it restored seven automatically so I just did the rest myself.

I just now realized there is a separate thread in the Sourcery forum for 2.0 issues. My apologies for not bringing this issue there and my sincere thanks for not getting blasted with "you're posting in the wrong forum n00b" comments. :D

THANK YOU to the folks who posted in here offering some suggestions and assistance.

-Mike

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
good info and you didnt even know :)

I have my market restored, I did it manually. This ROM is great and the guys who support it are even better. I know for a fact it was something with my Droid and not the ROM. I went back to MIUI and it restored eight apps automatically. I went over to Project Elite and it restored 52 apps automatically. I came back to Sourcery, and it restored seven automatically so I just did the rest myself.

I just now realized there is a separate thread in the Sourcery forum for 2.0 issues. My apologies for not bringing this issue there and my sincere thanks for not getting blasted with "you're posting in the wrong forum n00b" comments. :D

THANK YOU to the folks who posted in here offering some suggestions and assistance.

-Mike

ok taht 2 roms restore 7 and elite restoes all i can now goto actngreazy and find out what our differences are. thanks.
and id call you a noob but i think you have more posts than me :)

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cha0s theme updated (new images/tweaks)

nornevrder

Reaction score
Contacts not syncing

K so my wife let me root and install Sourcery on her phone. When we were going through the set up she forgot her gmail password :icon_evil: so she got on the comp and changed it. After it was done syncing I checked her contacts and she only has 2. I then restored it back to stock and flashed back hoping that it would fix it. No go still only 2. How can I fix this? Any help would be great.

Edit:Never mind i fixed it

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm late to the party because of issues with RZ/Sourcery. So gentlemen I am going to assume it's ok to install Sourcery now with RZRecovery?

darkmatter

Reaction score
that fix #2 seems to have really helped with cpu tuner. I guess I was with those using setcpu, where it kept defaulting to a certain speed. with fix 2 it seems cpu tuner can finally do its thing. 1282 quadrant, not as high as I got with 1.3 yet though, but better than the 1000-ish I was getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.