[ROM]{PORT} Eclipse ICS 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
I struggled to reboot my phone. I am gonna try to take off the safe system and back up the phone mms from the main rom and the try to restore it. Hopefully they are not one and the same.

kwood129

Reaction score
i had a simalar thing happen to me... except i was getting garbled video from a rom i was working on... what worked 4 me was to go into mounts and storage and formated everything except my sd cards... it fixed the problem 4 me.... skyline and a couple other roms will leave parts of it behind sometimes.

Something else that I noticed after things started working for me this time is that I could also get my verizon to work just fine. I was the one that posted earlier to get the login app from the play store. Before I would install it and it would never authenticate. It didn't really matter because I found that if you dial #227 (#bal) it would automaticaly log into my verizon anyway. But this time after it was all over my verizon works great. I think you are right though it would be a good idea to format everything except for the sd cards. The internal one for sure because your safe backup is there but I get what you're saying. I feel that these are noob mistakes I'm making. I guess I spent so much time on the og droid and the droid 2 I just got too used to the way things were there.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I struggled to reboot my phone. I am gonna try to take off the safe system and back up the phone mms from the main rom and the try to restore it. Hopefully they are not one and the same.

MyBackup Root can backup sms/mms and restore it to another ROM

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

outsid0r

Reaction score
lol too funny... just del smart actions and edited build.prop. also updated su binary and superuser.apk
crazy, it wasnt smart actions... but i for the life of me dont know the app thats missing... maybe i deleted it on my own... who knows, not a big issue

kenji91

Reaction score
So I decided to go ahead with the eclipse rom. I got it up and now after restoring the phone logs and mms i get fc on com.android.phone every sec. It makes it hard to even unlock the phone. anyone know how I can restore the db in control of the sms phone log. The backup I had was from the leaked ICS and now I am on 217. Maybe the DB isnt compatible between roms. I didnt have a GB phone and mms log. It was ICS to ICS. ugh And I am waiting on news from my wife on my son in the hospital. What bad timing to mess with my phone. Any help would be appreciated

Don't restore Messaging 4.0.4-eng etc (SMS/MMS PREFS). I individually restored every app until I figured out that was the one causing the constant errors. If you want to restore your messages, just restore "Messages (SMS & MMS)". It should be yellow in Titanium Backup.

Technix2002

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get Voice Commands back as the primary program on BT button press? I'm on Eclipse 1.2 (which btw: is the best ROM so far!). I've googled on how to clear defaults for "Launch by Default", but I can't find the default voice dialing app that Eclipse is using. I'm wanting to relinquish control so I can select Voice Commands instead. Whatever Eclipse is using currently doesn't recognize when I say "Call My Wife", it tries dialing someone random from my address book. Voice Commands recognizes the entry for "My Wife". Anyone married knows how important this is to have working, ha!

averyml

Reaction score
Could someone please clarify what the recovery link in the directions is? I'm a little confused (I expected to create my own recovery?), and the google docs link says the download has been removed for violating the TOS, so I don't know what I should do instead...

averyml

Reaction score
Well, that's what I expected: Root, Safestrap, Backup, Install ROM. But the directions in the first post say "install safestrap2.0 on main rom and flash recovery link here", with the bad google docs link. I haven't used any alternative ROMs since my OG Droid, so maybe I'm misunderstanding the directions.

cron666

Reaction score
Overclock Scripts working?

How on earth are those overclock scripts working?
I always check add-in scripts before flashing them and of course there is a syntax error in at least the D4clock1200 and the D4overclock1320ulv.
I flashed it anyway and it bootlooped.

So I corrected the \system\etc\init.d\1320oculv and it worked fine.
I have highlighted the line in question in a pastebin:
Eclipse rom D4clock1200 - Pastebin.com

So how is everyone using the scripts of they have the syntax error?

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How on earth are those overclock scripts working?
I always check add-in scripts before flashing them and of course there is a syntax error in at least the D4clock1200 and the D4overclock1320ulv.
I flashed it anyway and it bootlooped.

So I corrected the \system\etc\init.d\1320oculv and it worked fine.
I have highlighted the line in question in a pastebin:
Eclipse rom D4clock1200 - Pastebin.com

So how is everyone using the scripts of they have the syntax error?
fixed it... only a couple profiles had that... must have messed it up on v2... checked all of em and they are now fixed and proofed. it never gave me a problem in the first place tho

Status
Not open for further replies.