[ROM] deodexed/debloated ics 217

Giroux28

Reaction score
if you are running this in safestrap you can just boot to recovery and do a full wipe. Data, cache, dalvik, ect. Then reflash and go from there. If you have had issues from the begining try a fresh download.

Sent from my droid4

no my problem is with the leak on the non safe side, the actual system, my fishbear knows this, please read my last post about error in regular recovery and help :-(

Giroux28

Reaction score
whats the file name of that zip you're flashing?

i got the zip to flash after redoing the fastboot files and icsfix... I am all resetted but still think i am having the same problem with opening and closing the keyboard, it might be time for a new phone :-( i rly dunno what else to do man :-(

Giroux28

Reaction score
I am backing up my sdcard now and then im going to format it and then put back my neccessary stuff onto it, after this i dunno what else to do besides go get an s3..

Giroux28

Reaction score
Dude i got rid of everything, i formatted sdcard ext and my internal storage formatted that too, rebooted, with my factory reset system .217, all seemed fixed, and now im having the problem again, i dont get it, time for a new phone?

kwyrt

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a similar problem. Screen would freeze up when opening the keyboard. It ended up getting worse and worse until he finally had to get it replaced. It ended up being a hardware problem. The act of opening and closing the keyboard was pinching the ribbon cable going to the display.

Sent from my Droid 4

Giroux28

Reaction score
a friend of mine had a similar problem. Screen would freeze up when opening the keyboard. It ended up getting worse and worse until he finally had to get it replaced. It ended up being a hardware problem. The act of opening and closing the keyboard was pinching the ribbon cable going to the display.

Sent from my droid 4

so how does one go about getting a d4 replaced when they went off the ota path and onto the leaks? Say it was lost? I want a new phone not a refurb... I def have insurence and stuff tho...

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
One could "LOSE" their phone and have it replaced by insurance. It is most likely the best method of getting a replacement.

Sent from my DROID4

Giroux28

Reaction score
one could "lose" their phone and have it replaced by insurance. It is most likely the best method of getting a replacement.

Sent from my droid4

i was thinking this too but i think id get a refurb if i did it this way and that is not an option for me, i want a brand new phone...

Giroux28

Reaction score
The only thing I am concerned with is my sim card... can i report that i had my sim card out of phone when it got lost or stolen? or do i just report the entire thing stolen and they replace my sim card as well? would i want to keep my sim card and put it into the new phone if possible? thanks

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only thing I am concerned with is my sim card... can i report that i had my sim card out of phone when it got lost or stolen? or do i just report the entire thing stolen and they replace my sim card as well? would i want to keep my sim card and put it into the new phone if possible? thanks
fastboot flash 219 and tell em it just stopped working...if they question you, juest tell em im not a computer/phone guy just fix my phone already... but it shouldnt be a problem... bty most vzw ppl dont know bout hax, and it will be softbricked on vzw software with no root so you are in the clear for the ones that do.

Last edited:

Giroux28

Reaction score
fastboot flash 219 and tell em it just stopped working...if they question you, juest tell em im not a computer/phone guy just fix my phone already... but it shouldnt be a problem... bty most vzw ppl dont know bout hax, and it will be softbricked on vzw software with no root so you are in the clear for the ones that do.

Dude I dont even feel like dealing with all that tho, ive finally convinced myself to just pay the deductable, and get a replacement, and then ima also buy a S3 with my upgrade so this way ill hve a refurb D4 and a brand new S3.... my only question is do i tell them my sim card was stolen as well or do i still have it? so u rly think if i do the fastboot 219 files and bring it to the store theyll replace it for free????