[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

SuperSonix

Reaction score
What would be the difference among the OC and UC files that contains the different number and letters?

SuperSonix

Reaction score
When i send multiple messages, my phone says" text messaging is sending too many messages" or something related. Is there a way to take off this annoying message?

jkieffer46

Reaction score
When i send multiple messages, my phone says" text messaging is sending too many messages" or something related. Is there a way to take off this annoying message?

I have that happen from time to time. Its usually only when i have multiple conversations goin on with people who are equally as text/trigger happy as i am. Just slow your rate of sending and itll quit flashing it at you. So far as ive seen i dont think theres a way to shut it off. And yes i loathe it too.

huckky

Reaction score
Hi. I would love to see an option to use the external sdcard for default location for apps and media. Like in cm roms. Is it possible?

kwood129

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a clue on how to get the stock sound recorder to work? I pulled the apk from an older version of eclipse put in the proper place and set permissions but it doesn't show and obviously doesn't work. I need this to record sounds with GOSMS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bofis

Reaction score
Hi. I would love to see an option to use the external sdcard for default location for apps and media. Like in cm roms. Is it possible?

How does that setting actually work in the CM roms, I've been scared to check it off. Anyway, in this ROM, there are patches to fix the storage so that the phone only looks at your external SD card, read and get patches here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/239968-eclipse-jb-droid-4-a-17.html#post2416236

I've always just used the no-ext patch where every "sd-card" directory just forwards over to the actual, external SD-card.

bofis

Reaction score
No, these patches are for Eclipse-only, as far as I know. In CM10 they have a setting built in that sets the external SD-Card to be the default for media storage and such. But I think these patches are geared toward the way Motorola setup the mounts and so would only really apply to roms based on the Moto-rom

However, this guy might have made scripts that could work in other roms, but try at your own risk:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1874485

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Noticed trying to reflash Eclipse on SS3.51/3.53 that it cuts out after the logo saying 'updater binary error' and won't flash; I had to roll back to 3.11. Anybody else seen this? Tried redownloading the zip and flashing again, same result. Worked in 3.11 like a charm though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

kwood129

Reaction score
Noticed trying to reflash Eclipse on SS3.51/3.53 that it cuts out after the logo saying 'updater binary error' and won't flash; I had to roll back to 3.11. Anybody else seen this? Tried redownloading the zip and flashing again, same result. Worked in 3.11 like a charm though.

This is a problem with safestrap. I had the exact same problem with cm 10.2. I flashed the previous version of one of the nightlies and after that it worked ok again. Just one of those bugs with the latest version of safestrap. Hope that will also work for you.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

huckky

Reaction score
This is a problem with safestrap. I had the exact same problem with cm 10.2. I flashed the previous version of one of the nightlies and after that it worked ok again. Just one of those bugs with the latest version of safestrap. Hope that will also work for you.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't work for me either...

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Anybody try upgrading from 3.11 w/Eclipse in an existing ROM slot? Will it still boot?

kwood129

Reaction score
Anybody try upgrading from 3.11 w/Eclipse in an existing ROM slot? Will it still boot?

If I remember correctly I did that with one of my 2 phones and it worked just fine.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4