[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Nevermind, I guess there was a third set of icons, zz_moto_stat_sys_signal_5bar_X_fully. I replaced all of those and it worked. Just an FYI for anyone else that might want to do this.

bofis

Reaction score
So if your plan is to make a JB-based Eclipse like the amazing ROM we all use and love, will you be posting that here eventually? Or would that constitute a whole new thread since it might require a different safestrap and build of Eclipse (v.2?)

Cstryon

Reaction score
Is there any benefit to updating to the jb kernel while there is no roms out yet? Can I update to jb as stock then go back to the current eclipse on my slot one?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

outsid0r

Reaction score
no they have different kernels so you cant, could modify the razr dual boot to work on the D4 i believe

Is there any benefit to updating to the jb kernel while there is no roms out yet? Can I update to jb as stock then go back to the current eclipse on my slot one?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
For the person asking about reverting kernels, it is not possible. Even if you could, I would not use an ICS kernel on JB.

So if your plan is to make a JB-based Eclipse like the amazing ROM we all use and love, will you be posting that here eventually? Or would that constitute a whole new thread since it might require a different safestrap and build of Eclipse (v.2?)

Nitroglycerin didn't make an Eclipse rom for the Razr on JB so I'm not sure we will see a JB Eclipse port. Most likely we will see a Fishbear rom that is debloated and has speed tweaks.

A new thread huh, Sweet. The settings fixed the tether by the way.
8.jpg

It should be a new thread so it doesn't confuse people.

sean2010

Reaction score
help

tryin to flash stock rom

got no rom on my stock side and eclipse rom on rom 1
i got safestrap version 3.04 installed
tryin to do this

1 go into safestrap and select stock and boot so it says no os like b4

2 remove safestrap in adb How to manually remove Safestrap (via ADB) | Hash-of-Codes get adb in this pack and rt click and press shift to get a command prompt in that folder

3 flash sbf in fastboot mode using rsd (to enter fastboot when the phone is off, hold down power and both vol keys, when menu appears use vol- to scroll and vol+ to select) sbf file to flash

safestrap is enabled when i boot up the rom 1
safestrap is disabled when i boot up the stock (maybe i could flash it with rsd if stock ss is disabled)
adb devices only sees device in safestrape in stock but not in recovery
when i open cmd and load adb shell in rom1 and type adb shell i get this
shell@cdma_maserati:/ $

when i open cmd and load adb shell in stock and type adb shell i get this
#[6n
when i type the first line command
#[6n mount -t ext3 /dev/block/system /system
it enters

when i enter the 2nd command (ls -l /system/bin/logwrapper.bin)
it says (not found)
so i dident prceed any further like listed in the Hash-of-Codes

dident prceed any further i should be on the stock cause it selected in safestrap

can i flash with rsd at this point

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
lol dont post that question in this thread....
id just flash this in rsd at this point with it set to the stock romslot (the one that has no os) than re-root with razrblade
im 90% sure on this (cant be %100 cuz i never deleted my stock rom personally)

Last edited:

clowe

Reaction score
I unable to download the link you posted to restore stock using rsd myfishbear

Last edited:

Nelso

Reaction score
Hi there,

i still have Eclipse 1.2 can i just flash newest version and my files will stay on my phone?

and does hdmi work?

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Hi there,

i still have Eclipse 1.2 can i just flash newest version and my files will stay on my phone?

and does hdmi work?

Be careful that you're still on ICS and not Jelly Bean. If you're on Jelly Bean, this is the wrong thread and you aren't going to boot.

Nelso

Reaction score
still have ics, 4.0.4 and just wanted to inform me if anything can go wrong when i flash the new version over the old one

maybe you could explain me, if and which overclock i should use

thanks!

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
still have ics, 4.0.4 and just wanted to inform me if anything can go wrong when i flash the new version over the old one

maybe you could explain me, if and which overclock i should use

thanks!

I never had any problems flashing over old versions. Just make sure you wipe dalvik cache.