[ROM] deodexed/debloated ics 217

Kenshai

Reaction score
Dude I dont even feel like dealing with all that tho, ive finally convinced myself to just pay the deductable, and get a replacement, and then ima also buy a S3 with my upgrade so this way ill hve a refurb D4 and a brand new S3.... my only question is do i tell them my sim card was stolen as well or do i still have it? so u rly think if i do the fastboot 219 files and bring it to the store theyll replace it for free????

They don't do over the counter replacements anymore, all phones are sent in. But No I don't think they'll give you a free one. What they did for me on my Droid 3 was ship a bag within the box to drop off somewhere. Said if it wasn't defective or was caused by a user error that I would be charged for the price of the phone.

Only refurbs will be given to you either through insurance or warranty. After 3 warranty trades you can swap to a different phone that will end up being new.

As far as SIM card goes I would leave it in it and "lose" it as well. As it just seems fishy to take it out and misplace the phone without it active in another 4G device.

Giroux28

Reaction score
can i use my current phone after i file the asurion claim before the replacement arrives? or will they know it wasnt really lost or stolen if i do that?

Kenshai

Reaction score
can i use my current phone after i file the asurion claim before the replacement arrives? or will they know it wasnt really lost or stolen if i do that?

I don't have experience with insurance claim on a 4g phone/sim device but I imagine they disable the SIM card just as they would disable a 3G phone from getting connection. I wouldn't really recommend using it.

WickedWayz

Reaction score
Just wanted to say works great! Thank you alot! Im wondering if there gonna be another leak before finally releasing it to everyone. Seems faster now :D

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
We dont know when the official OTA will come out, but they (Motorola) is sending out emails about an upcoming soak test which most likely will be 217 since 217 is still available on Cheesecake and no other leaks have surfaced.

Giroux28

Reaction score
Received my replacement D4 last night and just ordered my sIII and will have that tomorrow. Anything happen in the past few days that I should be aware of before I begin working on the new D4?

Airman1947

Reaction score
Wow! myfishbear, u rock! This ROM is awesome. :biggrin: Yay, all the Verizon crap is gone! My phone seems to run faster and a lot smoother too...and I was able to flash Google Now onto the ROM. Soooo happy dancedroid:icon_ banana: Do u take donations? Cuz I would gladly throw u one. Thanks for this.

Any chance you could make a patch to bring back the Alarm and Timer app? If not it's fine. I can live without it.

I've really been wanting the 1% battery mod for my D4 without using a non-stock based ROM. Since this one has been deodexed, I flashed a RAZR ICS mod for the battery, and what do ya know? It works.

I found it at this link

[Mod] Accurate Battery [1%] Razr - Ics Deodexed - DroidRzr.com

a6f9c068-a695-fd31.jpg

a6f9c068-a6a5-e9f4.jpg

Badass.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome find fever! It's great to finally have a 1% battery mod for my phone. Thanks.

Airman1947

Reaction score
copy and past it int your /system/app folder... you can do this with root explorer, adb, or file exporer es
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

Hmm. I copied and pasted the3 apk file into the system/app folder with Root Explorer, but its not showing up in the App Drawer. I tried restarting the phone, and still nothing. If I try opening the apk file after pasting it into the system/app folder, it starts to install, and replace the Clock app (never version) but then says "App Not Installed." Do I need to do something else as well? Thanks in advance :)

Airman1947

Reaction score
oh i forgot after you paste it there change the permissions of the apk to rw-r-r than reboot
bty i added a oc patch in the op

Oohhh nice thank you! :) So, that's how you install system apps. Okay....soooooo now it's installed, but whenever I tap on the app to open it (Alarm and Timer) it opens, but then says "Unfortunately, Alarm and Timer has stopped." :( I tried removing the older version, which was Deskclock.apk, but same thing. Any ideas? Sorry for being a pain.

And oooh an oc patch. Thanks :) I'll try it in a minute

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Oohhh nice thank you! :) So, that's how you install system apps. Okay....soooooo now it's installed, but whenever I tap on the app to open it (Alarm and Timer) it opens, but then says "Unfortunately, Alarm and Timer has stopped." :( I tried removing the older version, which was Deskclock.apk, but same thing. Any ideas? Sorry for being a pain.

And oooh an oc patch. Thanks :) I'll try it in a minute

Did you try clearing data for it?

Airman1947

Reaction score
Did you try clearing data for it?

o_O ....why didn't I think of that. Lol! Thanks ws6formula. It works now. Yay!! :) Oh and nice oc mod myfishbear. I tried the 1425 MHz one, but my phone kept freezing. But I'm running the 1320 MHz one now and it runs great. Thanks again.