[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

kratos

Reaction score
I'm gonna attempt to flash without a wipe and see what happens.

On another note, over the last two days (yesterday and today) I have had a few SMS issues. Just like in GB, I have lost 4 text messages, where I get the notification and they show up in my notification bar, but when I either click the notification or open the app itself, the messages disappear. I also have not received at least 2 (that I know of at least) messages all together. They simply never got to my phone.

This makes me think that having the option to lock the "current messaging app" in memory is needed on Froyo. The problem is not as bad as in GB, as GB would lose every third message at all times, but it is still a problem. I know for a fact that UD 2.5 and CM 6.1.2 (these are the Froyo builds) both have this option in the extra settings, if you need help with the code to do this. I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to add this to your DC Settings. I absolutely hate having to ask people to resend a text message. It is really embarrassing and I really don't want to have to do that to my new boss. That probably wouldn't be a good thing. Please consider this option and please implement it as soon as possible. I know that this would be very beneficial to me and many other users (if only as a safety precaution).

Otherwise, thank you very much for everything you have do and will do with this Froyo ROM! If it wasn't for you, I would still be running UD 2.5 (last nightly build before GB) and having to deal with up to 5 random reboots a day, losing all network connections about once a week, and many other small and large issues that made my phone rather unreliable.

So, thank you very much!!!!! I can't wait to see what built 7 is like. I'm charging my phone and backingup my apps w/ data now. Then it's party time!

Edit: I am flashing this now and just realized that I don't know if I will need to flash Google Apps if I DO NOT wipe!!! If anyone sees this in the next couple minutes, please let me know, otherwise, I guess I'll find out when I reboot...

Kratos

Last edited:

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yes you need to reinstall gapps no matter if u wipe or do not wipe

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
The color of the screensaver clock was changed to match the system text color.. that was all, for this build..

i will have a separate thread up a little later, i have a few kinks to work out that i found after testing...one question though...i think i remember you saying the deskclock.apk was changed? i used the new app and ported the old themed stuff over to it, just wondering what had changed in it that im not seeing lol:) not a big deal by any means just curious

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yes when you flash you will need to re-flash Google apps and the optional apps if you choose.. I'm interested if you still get the problems on the new build there were some memory tweaks made to build 07 which may make that better for you.

Also I will make sure to get that added to build 08 as long as I don't have any problems doing it, which I don't envision,

On another note, over the last two days (yesterday and today) I have had a few SMS issues. Just like in GB, I have lost 4 text messages, where I get the notification and they show up in my notification bar, but when I either click the notification or open the app itself, the messages disappear. I also have not received at least 2 (that I know of at least) messages all together. They simply never got to my phone.

This makes me think that having the option to lock the "current messaging app" in memory is needed on Froyo. The problem is not as bad as in GB, as GB would lose every third message at all times, but it is still a problem. I know for a fact that UD 2.5 and CM 6.1.2 (these are the Froyo builds) both have this option in the extra settings, if you need help with the code to do this. I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to add this to your DC Settings. I absolutely hate having to ask people to resend a text message. It is really embarrassing and I really don't want to have to do that to my new boss. That probably wouldn't be a good thing. Please consider this option and please implement it as soon as possible. I know that this would be very beneficial to me and many other users (if only as a safety precaution).

Otherwise, thank you very much for everything you have do and will do with this Froyo ROM! If it wasn't for you, I would still be running UD 2.5 (last nightly build before GB) and having to deal with up to 5 random reboots a day, losing all network connections about once a week, and many other small and large issues that made my phone rather unreliable.

So, thank you very much!!!!! I can't wait to see what built 7 is like. I'm charging my phone and backingup my apps w/ data now. Then it's party time!

Edit: I am flashing this now and just realized that I don't know if I will need to flash Google Apps if I DO NOT wipe!!! If anyone sees this in the next couple minutes, please let me know, otherwise, I guess I'll find out when I reboot...

Kratos

kratos

Reaction score
Yes you need to reinstall gapps no matter if u wipe or do not wipe

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thank you! Unfortunately I had already rebooted before you posted and found that there were no Google Apps.

I installed without a wipe and it booted just fine. I did have to go back into recovery and install Gapps and the Optional Apps. When I rebooted the second time, I was presented with the Android "Touch to Begin" setup screen. I bypassed the screen and had to choose my default launcher. None of my widgets are on my homescreens and instead they all are replaced with "Problem loading widget". Also, none of my Google accounts are listed anymore. I had to restore them with TiBU.

It seems that everything else is working just fine. I'll let everyone know if things continue to run properly since I didn't wipe.

Kratos

kratos

Reaction score
Yes when you flash you will need to re-flash Google apps and the optional apps if you choose.. I'm interested if you still get the problems on the new build there were some memory tweaks made to build 07 which may make that better for you.

Also I will make sure to get that added to build 08 as long as I don't have any problems doing it, which I don't envision,

Kratos

I will definitely let you know if I continue to experience the same problems with text messaging on build 7. Hopefully the memory tweaks are enough to keep it from happening completely! Thank you for being willing to add that, as a just in case.

Hmmmmm... It seems that Google Talk doesn't want to sign in. I keep getting a "failed to authenticate" message for it. That can't be good! Hopefully I don't have to wipe data...

Edit: Never mind, It finally authenticated and now I can see my list of chat buddies. That was weird. Maybe Google just was having server issues or something... Oh well...

Kratos

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Already looking into adding it man, so it should be there regardless, just in case

Kratos

I will definitely let you know if I continue to experience the same problems with text messaging on build 7. Hopefully the memory tweaks are enough to keep it from happening completely! Thank you for being willing to add that, as a just in case.

Hmmmmm... It seems that Google Talk doesn't want to sign in. I keep getting a "failed to authenticate" message for it. That can't be good! Hopefully I don't have to wipe data...

Edit: Never mind, It finally authenticated and now I can see my list of chat buddies. That was weird. Maybe Google just was having server issues or something... Oh well...

Kratos

kratos

Reaction score
On a completely unrelated (to build 7, 6, etc) note, Google Search keeps force closing on me. It doesn't matter if I use the search button on my device, open the app directly, or use the widget. Every time I try to open Google Search (any way) it automatically force closes. Here is a screen shot of the F/C I am talking about:

force-close-gsearch.jpg

Kratos

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thats odd mine doesnt seem to have any hiccups

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I have not had any issues either man, I'm guessing its as a result of you not wiping, just to test do this. Make a backup of your current setup, then wipe everything, and reboot don't bother signing in just test to see if you get the same FC message if you do its something that I can't explain because I have it working, but I'm guessing it will fix the problem. But it's worth a try to test out..

On a completely unrelated (to build 7, 6, etc) note, Google Search keeps force closing on me. It doesn't matter if I use the search button on my device, open the app directly, or use the widget. Every time I try to open Google Search (any way) it automatically force closes. Here is a screen shot of the F/C I am talking about:

Kratos

rafiki1

Reaction score
I used to have that error on miui rom...tried everything, but gave up thinking it was the rom. Moving to froyo fixed everything for me!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rafiki1

Reaction score
I'm curious, which kernels work best for you guys on build 07? I've been using petes lv 1.0ghz v .02 kernel and it seems stable with very minimal heating problems.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I use the P3 one that I provide the link to in the OP, no problems to report from me.. :)

I'm curious, which kernels work best for you guys on build 07? I've been using petes lv 1.0ghz v .02 kernel and it seems stable with very minimal heating problems.

kratos

Reaction score
I have not had any issues either man, I'm guessing its as a result of you not wiping, just to test do this. Make a backup of your current setup, then wipe everything, and reboot don't bother signing in just test to see if you get the same FC message if you do its something that I can't explain because I have it working, but I'm guessing it will fix the problem. But it's worth a try to test out..

Kratos

This happened on v6 as well, but I didn't say anything about it since I figured it would be fixed in v7. I wiped before flashing v6 and it happened then. I had some other funky things going on, as I mentioned in previous posts, that caused me to wipe and flash again. This still happened and so I uninstalled Google Search and reinstalled it from the market. That did not fix the issue. I just wiped and installed v7, as you requested, and it still is happening. I have since reverted to the nandroid I made, but don't know what else to do. I don't really use this much, but every now and then I will use it.

In other words, it isn't working for anything. I don't use it much, so it's not a huge deal. I was just trying to point this out to you in case it was a ROM issue, but it seems that it is not as you and others do not have this issue.

I am using the P3 LV 1100MGHz 250-1100 kernel and it works great.

On another note, my Gemini Calendar is all messed up since I have started using this ROM. I'm not sure if it is this ROM or the app itself, but it didn't look like this on the UD ROM I was on before I switched to DC. I have noticed it after wiping and everything (basically the same as with the Google Search issue). I'm not sure if it is a font issue, framework issue, or something with the app itself. The app has NOT been updated since I flashed DC, so that means that I am using the same version on DC as I was on UD.

Here is a screenshot to show you what I am talking about. I have circled in RED some of the main things that will show the problem. The month should be in the box just below it. The week numbers on the side should be horizontal instead of vertical. In other words, they should all be like the 18, 19, and 21. Finally, the square in the background behind the 11 and 18 should be moved down slightly to be in the grey background. Also, the numbers are pushed up quite a bit. The 4 should be inside the box that is behind the 11 and 18. Also, the blue box at the very bottom behind the 31 should be where the other box is (the one behind the 11 and 18).

Gemini-calendar-issue.jpg

Again, I'm not sure if this is a framework issue, or app issue, or what, but this calendar should not look like this. This is almost what it should look like; however, even this month is not completely correct. The numbers are still pushed up slightly. But, it does look more like it should than the picture above.

Gemini-calendar-semi-correct.jpg

Whatever the issue, I hope I can figure out what can be done to fix it. I absolutely love this calendar and would hate to not be able to use it anymore.

Again, thanks for everything you do to make this ROM the best available!!!!!!

Kratos