Droid Concepts Release, not a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yes its been awhile, but you are seeing right, this is not an official ROM release, but we've been quiet for to long and I 've been hinting at a release coming soon.. So i'll give you the D/L link below, and we have direct downloads now, because I got FTP access from a friend, so my thanks go out to him.. :) Also the Changelog/Credits are stored in the ROM, they are not yet viewable in the settings app, but they will be. So be sure to check to check them out, to see what the new Droid Concepts is about..

There are a few cosmetic issues, but this ROM is stable and can be used as a daily one if you don't mind the text color in the pull down bar, It will be fixed soon, and I plan on doing a lot more minor updates, expect at least 1 a week sometimes more, it will vary because if I upload a ROM then I can't do any work on github or with source because I am limited to 100mb of outbound file-sharing a day here at college, so the rest of the day I will not be doing any work on the ROM, but tomorrow I will start again, but I wont upload any changes that I make until the weekend. So theres enough background info for now..

Still need to include sound recorder and fix my issue with camcorder shortcut showing in launcher, they should both be their but I messed up so its still being worked on. Like I said though this ROM is stable and runs fine, ive been running it since yesterday when I made it, and haven't had any issues, other than what I've mentioned.

If you find any other bugs or have any feedback/suggestions or anything please post below.. :)

DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN REMOVED, PLEASE SEE THE NEW THREAD FOR A NEW LINK.. :)

To view Changelog and Credits, open the built in file browser, [which is the one from cyanogen, until we create our own] and navigate to the /system/etc directory, and you will see DC-CHANGELOG.txt, and DC-CREDITS.txt, please open them and read them.. :)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets DO This!!!!!!!!!!!! Excitement is in the air!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Its froyo?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yes, there are quite a few reasons why we went with froyo, but the major one is, user request, i mean i love the look of GB, and everything but like many have mentioned, it just wasn't made for the Droid for a reason, I mean the Droid has A LOT of OTA updates, way more than usual smart phones, and if Moto and Google could have put GB on the Droid I think they would have. I'm sure part of the reason is to encourage everyone to get a new phone and what not, but part of it was also hardware compatibility, if your familiar with building from source and everything, then you can could look at cyanogens github and just see all they had to do just to get it running on the droid..

We will be making a GB build, 2 actually, but at this point froyo is going to be the build of choice for Droid Concepts

666ogre666

Reaction score
Well I may check this out, haven't flashed froyo since PE because GB works so well but I'm down for a change. Is this a final release or more of a preview?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Woody I will load this puppy up today : ) thanks for sharing!!

Edit: Market FC's

Status
Not open for further replies.