Droid Concepts GingerBread

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I know its been awhile and many of you are waiting on our release, so I thank you very much, here is something to let you know all know were still working and keeping up with the times.. We didn't want to release a Froyo ROM when everyone else was doing GingerBread, so we have updated and are working hard to bring you all some GingerBread goodies, DC style very soon!! For now though check out the link below..

YouTube - DroidConcepts's Channel

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
omg its renamed cyanogenmod. i cant wait to download

ACTUALLY its NOT, but how can i expect you to know that, you haven't done any of the developmental work on it..

Thanks for pointing out that common misconception, it helps us clear the air of rumors spreading like this one..

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
that is stock GB with a reworked cm settings thrown in, parts are cyanogen but it has all been re worked and done, there is no dc parts app, so we didn't his apk and rename that either.. only things that are strictly from cm are the mms app and email app, the music is from eliot, the app widget from cvpcs, and sound recorder from pete..

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

pretty much all of the more stable gingerbread roms are built on the cyanogen core. Chevy No1, liquid, and Ultimate Droid just to name a few are all based off cyanogen.

im sure theres more but this is all i can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanibull

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that you are following the trends since I'm pretty sure Pete has made a fully stock gingerbread rom.

jev

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that you are following the trends since I'm pretty sure Pete has made a fully stock gingerbread rom.

I'm not sure what your issue is with SD but to me it seems that you're upset about something and I think you should enlighten us as to what that is. If you're being tongue-in-cheek then it's not coming across as such.

Kanibull

Reaction score
its nothing with sd specifically. i am just tired of all the roms coming out now looking like re-skinned cm, but, you are right i spoke much too soon and i will gladly appologize when/if sd comes out and it is nothing like cm.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you have a problem with "all these ROMS" there's no need to be negative about it. If you don't have anything nice or positive to say don't post, its that easy.
These devs put it a lot of work, for free, and saying its just a reskin is not entirely true.

BTW....good to see you back in action Woodyman!!

Sent from somewhere...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i have a complete AOSP gingerbread rom that i built from source. Those are simple to do i was able to get one with everything working put together in a matter of hours but i wanted a more advanced settings menu similar to Cyanogen Mod Tools but don't have the time to invest writing that much code at the current time so i put together the current Droid Concepts test rom using the cyan core with alot of changes/improvements. The problem with cyanogen mod tools is the settings is dependent on several other APK's to function which can/will lead into issues. Ours has everything built into the settings apk and its not dependent on any other apk's to function.

Im the one that did 95% of the work on both roms so i know what was put into them and its defiantly not just a re-branded cyanogenmod rom.

Last edited:

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

pretty much all of the more stable gingerbread roms are built on the cyanogen core. Project Elite, Chevy No1, Droid Concepts, liquid, and Ultimate Droid just to name a few are all based off cyanogen.

THIS IS WRONG. Project Elite is NOT, i repeat is NOT build on cyanogen core, please do not spread false information

Project Elite always has been and always will be biult on a AOSP core not cyanogen mod

PS. Looking forward to see what DC comes up with

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

pretty much all of the more stable gingerbread roms are built on the cyanogen core. Project Elite, Chevy No1, Droid Concepts, liquid, and Ultimate Droid just to name a few are all based off cyanogen.

THIS IS WRONG. Project Elite is NOT, i repeat is NOT build on cyanogen core, please do not spread false information

Project Elite always has been and always will be biult on a AOSP core not cyanogen mod

PS. Looking forward to see what DC comes up with

okay i apologize its not built off CM core. i was always told by numerous people that it was built on CM core but have never looked into the rom myself.

leonozug

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this Rom's release!! I tried the beta you put out, and it looked REALLY promising.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this Rom's release!! I tried the beta you put out, and it looked REALLY promising.

we actually scratched that beta since that was a froyo build an this one is a gingerbread build..

this ones similar though as far as the settings go.... but it has alot of improvements im pretty sure will be appreciated by the masses.