Putting HTC camera .apk on bionic?

ftblryan

Reaction score
I had a Thunderbolt prior to the bionic. While the phone sucked the camera and the camera program were unbelievably great. The Bionic camera is the worst I have seen on a smart phone. It sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to focus and usually 3-5 seconds to take a shot. The features are really horrible too. No effects like the HTC program had. Is there anyway to put the HTC camera .apk on the Bionic and have it work? If not what are some programs/ways to speed up the picture taking process and just make the camera better overall? I'm not sure if its the camera hardware that is causing the problems (if it is then I assume it can't be fixed), or if its the software. Thanks

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Try the HTC apk and see! I've also heard of people getting the camera apk from the Atrix and having good luck with it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Try the HTC apk and see! I've also heard of people getting the camera apk from the Atrix and having good luck with it.

I'd be interested to ser if this works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use the Atrix apk on the Bionic probably cause they're both blur apks. Try a sense apk on a blur? Not going to work.

zachdroid

Reaction score
You can use the Atrix apk on the Bionic probably cause they're both blur apks. Try a sense apk on a blur? Not going to work.

Maybe on a blur less rom but most likely not stock blur.

TeeX

Reaction score
I bought Camera Zoom FX

I've read where the shutter sound can not be disabled in Camera Zoom FX. Is that true?

btw, I've got the Atrix camera loaded onto my Bionic, and I am very pleased with it. Much faster focusing and taking pics than the native Bionic camera.

celtic11

Reaction score
Does loading the atrix apk require root?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

zachdroid

Reaction score
Does loading the atrix apk require root?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Im pretty sure it does. After loading the camera apk it is necessary to change the application permissions and root is required to do so.

Zach