PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

S

Sub Zero

Hopefully the tekken 3 iso I hav is bad kaus the game lagged like krazy, smh

neoj2

Reaction score
hangs at authorization

i just bought the app but when it downloads it says authorizing purchase. it just stays there with no progress ever done. running 4.0.0 with luna theme. must be problem with rom, the only thing i can think of. hope it gets fixed in time so i dont get double charged for something that wont download.

B

budmonster

Updated 3:13PM EST: Attn: Those of you who get a blank screen when trying to load a ROM (confirmed working):

This issue was found with CM6 and UD 3.5, and maybe other custom ROMs. Solution: flash Bgill55's Market Fix found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html#post532617

I flashed that market fix. I still can't load roms. I'm on cm6 rc2, is that problem? Or do some games just dont work?

the fix worked for me on CM6 RC2. first, do you have the correct bios file? scph1001.bin (512kb) is the correct one

secondly, how did you flash the "fix"? if flashing doesn't work, try adb pushing the build.prop in the "fix" zip. First, drop the build.prop into your android tools folder. then open up two cmd prompts:

in the first one, navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
in the second one, also navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
adb reboot
after it reboots, try to play the game again :) if that doesn't work, possibly it's an incompatible game... which game are you trying this with?

i flashed the fix using clockwork recovery. i installed psx4droid. i have the correct bios. i placed spyhon filter on my sdcard. when i open psx4droid and click on the .img/.iso file nothing happens.

GameBoiye

Reaction score
i just bought the app but when it downloads it says authorizing purchase. it just stays there with no progress ever done. running 4.0.0 with luna theme. must be problem with rom, the only thing i can think of. hope it gets fixed in time so i dont get double charged for something that wont download.

Might just be the market at the moment. Same thing is happening to me, I'm on BB1.0. I also tried downloading other updates for programs I purchased and it says the same thing.

UNC

Reaction score
I flashed that market fix. I still can't load roms. I'm on cm6 rc2, is that problem? Or do some games just dont work?

the fix worked for me on CM6 RC2. first, do you have the correct bios file? scph1001.bin (512kb) is the correct one

secondly, how did you flash the "fix"? if flashing doesn't work, try adb pushing the build.prop in the "fix" zip. First, drop the build.prop into your android tools folder. then open up two cmd prompts:

in the first one, navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
in the second one, also navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
adb reboot
after it reboots, try to play the game again :) if that doesn't work, possibly it's an incompatible game... which game are you trying this with?

i flashed the fix using clockwork recovery. i installed psx4droid. i have the correct bios. i placed spyhon filter on my sdcard. when i open psx4droid and click on the .img/.iso file nothing happens.

I don't think Syphon Filter works bro, I actually backed up my copy so I know its not a bad iso that I have.

UNC

Reaction score
Hopefully the tekken 3 iso I hav is bad kaus the game lagged like krazy, smh

Did noone actually read my review before they bought the app? I used Tekken 3 as one of the test games... if you bought it for tekken 3 you should probably refund, because I don't think it will ever run at a playable speed.

GameBoiye

Reaction score
FYI According to ZodTTD's twitter page, seems there is a major problem with his Android market account, most likely due to so many sales and his account is completely new, so they are looking into his account for scam reasons. People are unable to download the app through the market. Hopefully he gets it fixed soon.

nirana

Reaction score
how to buy this outside of the official android market?

Hyde895

Reaction score
that my friend is called a psp haha. Idno i just dont see the reason to play it on this. am i missing something?

Well not everyone will have a reason to play PSX games on their phone. For some it will just be because they can. For people like me, it's because I got tired of carrying my phone, PSP, and netbook with me to school (hour long bus ride each way) and decided to leave my PSP at home. And for others it could be that they don't have the $100 it costs to go buy a used PSP and $6 is a great price to be able to play the PSX games that they couldn't otherwise.

So to each their own. All I can say is thanks to the devs, and buy it if you want it.

I just like showing off to all those iphone4 kids what my Droid is capable of and they begin to get uber jealous like this--> :icon_evil: (lol its not THE only phone out there, zomibe following ppl). Just ordered a game gripper too!! once they workout the kinks I'll be playing Metal Gear Solid omw to work. Gundam Assault 1 & 2 play decently and i recommend it if anyone ever played the snes gundam endless duel.

droid15

Reaction score
where can I get new ps1 games. lol I still have some of those I remember when it first came out. I was a little kid and so happy,my dad bought me one.

UNC

Reaction score
I just like showing off to all those iphone4 kids what my Droid is capable of and they begin to get uber jealous like this--> :icon_evil: (lol its not THE only phone out there, zomibe following ppl). Just ordered a game gripper too!! once they workout the kinks I'll be playing Metal Gear Solid omw to work. Gundam Assault 1 & 2 play decently and i recommend it if anyone ever played the snes gundam endless duel.

I think this is a port of the iPhones PSX emulator......
So, while it is true that Droid is "capable" that doesn't mean iPhone is not.. I think it actually runs BETTER on iPhone, I know it does on WinMo.

I know iPhone 4 is not jailbroken, but it is on the cusp of being jailbroken and they won't be missing out on the PSX....

You guys probably think I'm some kind of Apple fan, but I'm not. I just must correct erroneous errors.

smokecombs

Reaction score
this is worth WAY more than 6 bucks. mobile playstation? man i would pay $50 for this easy.

why is everyone so cheap 6 bucks is a PERFECT price for this app!

SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS, BUY APPS, ENCOURAGE NEW DEVELOPMENT
It's worth the $6, but $50! LOL!!! I could buy 2 actual playstations for that on Ebay, heck I'd give you one if I knew ya. We have 4 laying around collecting dust. It is a cool app for portable gaming, but too few games are working at full speed. Hard to find roms that work to replace my scratched up disks. Still, you're right, it's worth the $6 in my opinion and with updates it could be awesome.

Hyde895

Reaction score
I didn't know iphone had the same emulator... still android is better because its open. anyone else not getting sound on FFIX FMV?

Raziel36

Reaction score
29095w

Works great... BB.4 1.25Ghz... runs FFVII and Saga Frontier 2 beautifully. Emuparadise(google) is a great place for roms, btw.