PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

I clicked on "PSX BIOS file" and selected the "SCPH1001.BIN" file on my sdcard. I then put "Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of the Super Heroes" (.IMG) on my sdcard also.

Whenever I click on the ROM, I've tried .IMG, .BIN, nothing happens. The screen goes black for a minute then comes back to the "Select Rom" screen.

What am I doing wrong?

+1, and this is not my first dance with emulators, mobile or PC. Just won't run the files the info claims it will, using BIOS & roms that work on PC emus. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Droid

what rom are you running? i've heard this has problems with CM 6 and UltimateDroid

validoption

Reaction score
Hmm...

I clicked on "PSX BIOS file" and selected the "SCPH1001.BIN" file on my sdcard. I then put "Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of the Super Heroes" (.IMG) on my sdcard also.

Whenever I click on the ROM, I've tried .IMG, .BIN, nothing happens. The screen goes black for a minute then comes back to the "Select Rom" screen.

What am I doing wrong?

+1, and this is not my first dance with emulators, mobile or PC. Just won't run the files the info claims it will, using BIOS & roms that work on PC emus. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Droid

what rom are you running? i've heard this has problems with CM 6 and UltimateDroid

CM6 RC2...f'ing figures...

Sent from my Droid

chron12

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

CM6 RC2...f'ing figures...

Sent from my Droid

Try using a different build.prop. I had to flash the original market fix for some reason and it worked. Idk why lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
[video=youtube;v7jB4aGGY0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7jB4aGGY0c&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - Final Fantasy VII On Motorola Droid via PSX4Droid[/video]!

Chharith

Reaction score
download roms

so since it can read .roms we can download them from various websites and save it to your memory stick or phone.

does anyone know a reliable webiste to download roms from?

CompleteGFX

Reaction score
this is worth WAY more than 6 bucks. mobile playstation? man i would pay $50 for this easy.

why is everyone so cheap 6 bucks is a PERFECT price for this app!

SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS, BUY APPS, ENCOURAGE NEW DEVELOPMENT

jacobrv

Reaction score
Quit asking for links guys. Sharing images/roms of games online to people you don't know is illegal. The proper way to obtain games for use with this emulator is to put the PSX game in your computer's CD/DVD Drive, download and run IMGBurn, rip the game to a .bin file, and copy it to your phone. If you want to run games that you do not own real copies of then use Google and quit asking about illegal stuff in these forums.

So yeah, grabbed my FFVII Greatest Hits (because my original broke >.<), ripped it myself, loaded it up and it works great. Some text problems in menus, but its still readable. A slight slowdown as you enter battles, but once you start fighting its back to full speed. Opening video played at full speed unlike many emulators I've used before. This is awesome. Also, for the Moto Droid (non-X) users I would highly suggest a Game-Gripper. I just wonder how it will handle swapping disks for multidisk games.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
that my friend is called a psp haha. Idno i just dont see the reason to play it on this. am i missing something?

jacobrv

Reaction score
that my friend is called a psp haha. Idno i just dont see the reason to play it on this. am i missing something?

Well not everyone will have a reason to play PSX games on their phone. For some it will just be because they can. For people like me, it's because I got tired of carrying my phone, PSP, and netbook with me to school (hour long bus ride each way) and decided to leave my PSP at home. And for others it could be that they don't have the $100 it costs to go buy a used PSP and $6 is a great price to be able to play the PSX games that they couldn't otherwise.

So to each their own. All I can say is thanks to the devs, and buy it if you want it.

B

budmonster

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated 3:13PM EST: Attn: Those of you who get a blank screen when trying to load a ROM (confirmed working):

This issue was found with CM6 and UD 3.5, and maybe other custom ROMs. Solution: flash Bgill55's Market Fix found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html#post532617

I flashed that market fix. I still can't load roms. I'm on cm6 rc2, is that problem? Or do some games just dont work?

the fix worked for me on CM6 RC2. first, do you have the correct bios file? scph1001.bin (512kb) is the correct one

secondly, how did you flash the "fix"? if flashing doesn't work, try adb pushing the build.prop in the "fix" zip. First, drop the build.prop into your android tools folder. then open up two cmd prompts:

in the first one, navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
in the second one, also navigate to your android tools folder, then type:
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
adb reboot
after it reboots, try to play the game again :) if that doesn't work, possibly it's an incompatible game... which game are you trying this with?

matrix2004

Reaction score

You're missing alot if you have to ask. You think everyone on the planet had a PSP? WTF? LMAO! SMH!

lee__D

Reaction score
Purchased and trying out FF6. So far it's just the movie intro, but the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. Slight cutting in and out, but not bad at all (atleast for this game). Still waiting for gameplay.

ff6 with my gba emulator was badass

loophole

Reaction score
Why would you act like a child and brag about getting something that took MONTHS of work for free? extremely stupid and immature I must say... post needs to be deleted for all the other kiddy boppers jump on board