PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

B

budmonster

I installed psx4droid, but when I open it I get this message:

"BIOS: You must sepcify the BIOS file in the settings before you can play any games!"

Three questions, what does that mean, where can I get games from and how to I install them.

Thanks.

wiguy

Reaction score
Downloaded your emulator today, at a bar, and could not wait to get home and rip the roms off, I realize exactly how pathetic this is.

I've got ff7 running, some obvious speed/sound issues, but nothing I would not have any problem dealing with, to be able to play ff7 on a mobile phone.

Obviously if your complaining about the usability of this, your a tool.

If anyone has any tips on choppy sound feel free to elaborate.

Also I use advanced task killer eliminated any background memory sinks before playing, my phone isn't overclocked or anything.

supream2

Reaction score
Downloaded your emulator today, at a bar, and could not wait to get home and rip the roms off, I realize exactly how pathetic this is.

I've got ff7 running, some obvious speed/sound issues, but nothing I would not have any problem dealing with, to be able to play ff7 on a mobile phone.

Obviously if your complaining about the usability of this, your a tool.

If anyone has any tips on choppy sound feel free to elaborate.

Also I use advanced task killer eliminated any background memory sinks before playing, my phone isn't overclocked or anything.

over clock your droid to 1ghz+? =p runs full speed for me perfect sound, anyways is there a way to take saves from epsxe ect and use on this emu?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Cool, let us know how the game play is.. Might be worth it for that game :)

Purchased and trying out FF6. So far it's just the movie intro, but the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. Slight cutting in and out, but not bad at all (atleast for this game). Still waiting for gameplay.
Well I was only able to really try it out for a couple of minutes after that, but from what I played, it was fine. No lag or anything, minor cuttng out of the music but nothing unbearable. Very very playable.

I also tried WWF Smackdown and the intro movie was great, no slowdowns aor music cutting out at all. Main menu was fine, when the match started though, ugh, it probably ran at about 45% of the normal speed. I finished a match but it felt like I was playing in slow motion. Not really playable, but it looks great.

I'll be testing NFL Blitz 2000 soon.

B

budmonster

Hmm...

I clicked on "PSX BIOS file" and selected the "SCPH1001.BIN" file on my sdcard. I then put "Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of the Super Heroes" (.IMG) on my sdcard also.

Whenever I click on the ROM, I've tried .IMG, .BIN, nothing happens. The screen goes black for a minute then comes back to the "Select Rom" screen.

What am I doing wrong?

jacobrv

Reaction score
Does this have configurable keyboard controls so I can use my GameGripper?

Bluefish

Reaction score
Now we just need a Android Smartphone which looks like the Nokia N-Gage...PS games with touchscreen buttons sucks...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm surprised goggle actually allows these kinda apps. I mean you can PLAY GAMES FROM OTHER SYSTEMS FOR FREE!!! LOL but I'm not complaining...:D

It isn't the emulators that are the issue. It is the ROMS. Think of the emulator as the mp3 player and the ROMS as the mp3's. ;)

demon69120

Reaction score
Just saying, I support piracy of old roms, not to rip off the producers, but because it's a huge hassle to go to Ebay, buy an old game, and go through all the trouble of ripping. Instead of taking hours and a ton of money just to get roms that the producers quit making profit from long ago, just pirate them.

I would give you a link, but just google roms or something...

UNC

Reaction score
Seriously, if you don't know what a BIOS is, this may be too advanced for you!

validoption

Reaction score
Hmm...

I clicked on "PSX BIOS file" and selected the "SCPH1001.BIN" file on my sdcard. I then put "Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of the Super Heroes" (.IMG) on my sdcard also.

Whenever I click on the ROM, I've tried .IMG, .BIN, nothing happens. The screen goes black for a minute then comes back to the "Select Rom" screen.

What am I doing wrong?

+1, and this is not my first dance with emulators, mobile or PC. Just won't run the files the info claims it will, using BIOS & roms that work on PC emus. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Droid