PSX4Droid - Playstation Emulator - Now Available on Market [DF Exclusive]

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
1ikd3o.jpg

Updated 3:13PM EST: Attn: Those of you who get a blank screen when trying to load a ROM (confirmed working): This issue was found with CM6 and UD 3.5, and maybe other custom ROMs. Solution: flash Bgill55's Market Fix found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-update-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html#post532617

It's finally out, the world's first Android Playstation emulator! Cheer out loud, nobody will judge you, I promise. You can tell from this ongoing PSX Emulator thread, that many have been waiting on this moment for months. And the skeptics out there had just shrugged it off as vaporware. But it has finally arrived, as psx4droid. Yong Zhu, developer of the popular Android emulators (GBAoid, SNESoid, GBCoid, GameBoid, etc.), teamed up with Apple's most famous emulator developer, Zodttd. And after months of painstakingly hard work, they have finally released the initial version of PSX4Droid.

Here's the details:

psx4droid is the famous PSX emulator for Android 2.x devices.

It's fast and feature packed including:
- Supports eboot format! (compressed too!)
- Supports BIN,ISO,IMG,PBP,Z,ZNX
- BlueTooth (WiiMote) controller support
- Trackball d-pad
- Memory card / save states.
- On-screen control overlays
- Scaling modes
- much more

Latest version: 1.0 (for all Android versions)
You can purchase psx4droid now from the Android Market for $5.99USD. It claims to be available for 'all Android versions', but there seems to be some issues seeing the app in the Market if you're running custom FroYo ROMs (like Sapphire or CyanogenMod). My hunch, this will probably be fixed soon.

So get going, let's see those Final Fantasies loaded up on your Droids! Download psx4droid on the Android Market, AppBrain or Androilb. And keep an eye out for DroidForum.Net's own review of this much anticipated title as well.

Android Market QR Code:
x62gz.jpg

Thanks to MustangGT500 for the tip, and Shadez for the links!

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big gamer but this is sort of interesting because if I'm not mistaken this emulator will be some of the newer games compared to NES and SNES. My question is where would you get the ROMs to run it on the droid, and is it worth $5.99? Some of the other emulators for the other games are free.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
idno i really cant justify the price right now. I have a Psp and I run all my roms on that. I cant see it being better then that.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
idno i really cant justify the price right now. I have a Psp and I run all my roms on that. I cant see it being better then that.

won't necessarily be better. but this is a huge step in the advancement of android gaming/development, IMO.

Varking

Reaction score
Honestly, it isn't worth the $5.99 but it is such a novelty I promise a lot of people will purchase this. Most people who get this likely will never complete an entire game on it but will have it as nothing more than something to show off to people you know to say look what my phone can do.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Purchased and trying out FF6. So far it's just the movie intro, but the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. Slight cutting in and out, but not bad at all (atleast for this game). Still waiting for gameplay.

oc noob

Reaction score
Oh it worth it. Forb the price of a cheese burger u can play playstation games on your phone. Seriously, I waste more money on daily coffee and this will be on my phone till I upgrade to the next droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, let us know how the game play is.. Might be worth it for that game :)

Purchased and trying out FF6. So far it's just the movie intro, but the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. Slight cutting in and out, but not bad at all (atleast for this game). Still waiting for gameplay.

Reaction score
i downloaded it but idk what it is talking about i MUST download the BIOS or something like that..and where do i download the games?

Viper323

Reaction score
QR code isnt working for me and I cant find it on the market =(

Probably a froyo issue, have you applied any market fixes? (I just found it using the QR code running Kangerade 5.0.9 and a market fix I just applied today...)

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm surprised goggle actually allows these kinda apps. I mean you can PLAY GAMES FROM OTHER SYSTEMS FOR FREE!!! LOL but I'm not complaining...:D