N64oid expected to return in mid May!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the N64oid app. Excuse me for this stupid question, but where are you getting your games at? It would be nice to play these awesome old games on my phone that I used to play when I was younger.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, for some reason I thought they had to be Android specific ROM's. Now if I could just get the wii remote setup right... I can't figure out how to do the mapping. No matter what I do, the mapping stays the same on the game...

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
Nevermind, for some reason I thought they had to be Android specific ROM's. Now if I could just get the wii remote setup right... I can't figure out how to do the mapping. No matter what I do, the mapping stays the same on the game...

Haha yeah they don't have to be android specific. I use "emulator roms" off of SlideMe though, very easy and awesome to use.

Once you have the wii remote setup to your droid via bluetooth, and have selected the wii remote keyboard language, start up n64oid. Settings -> input settings -> key mappings -> and then select a mapping, and press the corresponding key on you wii remote that you want to perform that mapping. For example, I would hit "button A" on my droid screen, and "press a hardware key" pops up. You then press a hardware key on your wii remote that you want to represent "button A", and it will set it to that key.

Not sure if that helped?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had figured that out. Its just the game I was using I had to hold A then press B for a specific action, but it wont let me... Also, the ROM doesn't have any sound. Is that a characteristic of the ROM, or is it an N64oid characteristic also? I tried messing with the volume settings, but nothing. Guess I'll try another ROM.

Using World is Not Enough ROM right now...

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
Yeah, I had figured that out. Its just the game I was using I had to hold A then press B for a specific action, but it wont let me... Also, the ROM doesn't have any sound. Is that a characteristic of the ROM, or is it an N64oid characteristic also? I tried messing with the volume settings, but nothing. Guess I'll try another ROM.

Using World is Not Enough ROM right now...

Yeah just get the "emulator roms" app off SlideMe for free, maybe that way you can avoid issues like that. Im sure the sound is both linked to the rom and n64oid, but the n64oid has no problems with sound so a sound issue would be the ROM's fault.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say, its not perfect, but its still amazing. I don't think I will be very productive at work anymore...

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
I have to say, its not perfect, but its still amazing. I don't think I will be very productive at work anymore...

Hahaha, I lost my productivity at school as well =)

It is truly amazing though, despite its flaws. Im just waiting for the new version to play Zelda OOT.

Shikari

Reaction score
Ok, first of all i think we all owe it to Yongzh for the amount of work that he is putting into it actually producing the N64 emulator in the first place. That deserves a big cookie.
But i'm just wondering whether anyone has heard from him with regards to the update that we have been waiting for since the beginning of may lol, or may 26th i think was the first expected release and im hoping that we arent let down by another setback, so if anyone has heard anything please let us know :)

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
Ok, first of all i think we all owe it to Yongzh for the amount of work that he is putting into it actually producing the N64 emulator in the first place. That deserves a big cookie.
But i'm just wondering whether anyone has heard from him with regards to the update that we have been waiting for since the beginning of may lol, or may 26th i think was the first expected release and im hoping that we arent let down by another setback, so if anyone has heard anything please let us know :)

Yeah I've sent to all his emails...but no reply... Since the 3rd of June no one has heard anything from him, and now we are at lack of being updated =(

thewolf16

Reaction score
Its very strange: I have contacted Yongzh. On my old Email adress he answer me 2 Times but then he doesnt answer my mails anymore. Then i have made a other email adress with a different name. Then he answered me again. (Just on my new email adress) But after that answers he doesnt answered me anymore. Very very strange. Maybe you could try this out too. But i doesnt want to make 100 email adresses just to contact him. I think we must wait till the 21th december 2012 for the new update. OMG Doomsday, nooooo.

Last edited:
OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
He contacted me back-

"I have been trying to make it run faster, but ran into a lot of trouble. I am now considering releasing a (beta) version, by which user can choose between the new graphics core and the old one. The old core runs faster but the new core has better compatibility.

Thanks for your support!"

thewolf16

Reaction score
New news in:

crualfoxhound said:
New in.

We can't figure out the speed fix.

So we looking at a release in 1 week time
on slideme market.

The new version will have 2 graphic core
the one 1.1.4 version and the new beta version one
which I personally find a lot faster.

If been testing
On my desire HD running cm7 7.0.0
but today I installed
honeyogen v1.0

And had awesome results in performance
on n64oid.

Games like goldeneye,conkers bad fur day.
killer instincts was faster
Can't explain why
Could be n64oid runs better on 2.3.4 builds

Catch ya later.

IxAnonymousxIo

Reaction score
crualfoxhound wrote:

I apologize for saying n64oid be ready for next week

We got some more work needed doing So from now I wont give a release date

But will keep you informed on fixes

I tried animal forest, English version It don't work with beta version

But told yongzh about it He fix after the release.

Again apologies for miss informing you guys.

Catch ya later..

PS paper Mario on cm7 running 2.3.3 was perfectly fine But better on 2.3.4

Hmmm another delay. Delays, delays, delays.
I mean I don't want a rushed product or anything... but still...

Last edited:
OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
dancedroid DROID DOES BABY!

Alright, I got some updates. New Core works perfectly! speed is the same, but no slowdowns! Perfect Dark now runs almost perfect on 2.3 phones, and he is updating the gui and interface. crualfoxhound and yongzh have a release date in there minds, and he says "Soon" (I'm guessing a month)

Also, a little off topic, there is this Paul guy making his own port of Mupen64Plus to android... strange... (N64oid is a port of Mupen too!) It actully boots and works!

Could this battle really happen? Fpse vs Psx4Droid and n64oid vs Mupen64Plus4Droid? Who knows! :icon_eek:

Here are links:

FpseCE Fourm, n64oid:
FpseCE Forum - View topic - N64oid News

Pauls Mupen Code:
Mupen64Plus For Android

see attached for new gui.

What new core? is there a new version somewhere or something?