Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Maybe you can think twice about picking up that new Nintendo 3DS: over a year since development began, the first official release of N64oid, which lets you play classic Nintendo 64 titles on your Android device, is now available in the Market. This is the latest offering from yongzh, the developer behind NESoid, SNESoid, and several other highly-rated emulators for Android.
While emulators for pre-mid-1990s’ consoles are commonplace on a variety of mobile devices, the generation that featured N64 and the first Sony Playstation took a huge leap in terms of performance, so developing working emulators for titles from those machines takes considerably more time and commitment from talented developers. N64oid was available previously in beta status, but many games were not yet fully working and the sound was often off. We fully expect N64 to improve in time, but it looks like most games work now with a very solid framerate.
If you want to play oldies like Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or Goldeneye, you will need to have corresponding ROMs (you must own a copy of the game to play legally).

N64oid is the Nintendo 64 emulator optimized for Android.​
* Run most games smoothly at a reasonable speed (if not full speed) with sound. This requires you have a high-end device (Nexus-S, Nexus-One, Droid, Samsung Galaxy, etc).
* Save/load game states at ANY points, as well as the in-game save support (SRAM, EEPROM, etc).
* A configurable, translucent on-screen keypad that is very easy to use.
* Key mappings to map game keys to hardware buttons.
* Option to use the G-sensor as the analog stick.
* A variety of settings that you can tune on your needs.

Note:
* N64oid is far from being perfect now. But do expect it would be improved continuously and constantly.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I downloaded almost immediately after reading. Its great! I can play Ocarina of Time on the go woohoo!!!

trying to save state crashed n64oid though lol, and the game seems to run at double speed when there isn't much going on. Well its just the first release :)

Reaction score
The moment i saw it was out, it didn't cross my mind twice, I flew over to my phone like i had rockets in my pants and quickly downloaded it, started up Super Mario 64, and i kid you not i almost started crying tears of joy, GOD LIKE FPS, Sound (all though a bit high pitched) worked perfectly, controls were like the dev himself read my mind and said "Yeah...yeah he'll like that"

Very VERY nice work, I would love to donate if anyone knows of a donate page

This emulator right here is living proof that someone is watching over us each and every day

TLDR; Darn good emulator that runs perfectly

Last edited by a moderator:

Diordna

Reaction score
This emulator right here is living proof that someone watching over us each and every day

lolwut????

More like proof that there is a developer who got this emulator out to the android community, and he probably worked on it each and every day about.

A side note, I can't wait to test this but not going to do it on my droid, but my Archos 101 tablet will be arriving tomorrow, bigger screen woo! ;D

lfylove

Reaction score
Really i just bpught an n64 like a week ago fml

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
This emulator right here is living proof that someone is watching over us each and every day

lolwut????

More like proof that there is a developer who got this emulator out to the android community, and he probably worked on it each and everyday about.

A side note, I can't wait to test this but not going to do it on my droid, but my Archos 101 tablet will be arriving tomorrow, bigger screen woo! ;D

Yeah i know, i over did it for comedic reasons :p

Should look really nice on the Archos, can't wait to hear how looks on it

Never thought i would see the day though, always read that it would never happen because it would be too hard to port over, or the controls wouldn't work out and make all games unplayable, or most droid phones couldn't handle it

Nice work proving them wrong dancedroid

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Just saw today this was out, and immediately downloaded it. Original Droid1. :motdroidhoriz: I tried it first at stock speeds, but I barely got through the mario kart menu before it crashed and rebooted, so I loaded up chevy's 1ghz kernel and oc'd. Mario Kart and Mario 64 run smooth as butter. I'm amazed.

I will list what's working for me, and maybe others can add their experiences?

Working with little to no lag:
Mario 64, Mario Kart, Wave Race, F-Zero X, Tony Hawk 3, Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox, Smash Bros (a few graphical issues, no eyes. lol.), Turok (graphical issues here too.)

Working, but laggy to the point of being unplayable:
Goldeneye, Zelda OoT (this one is close, but just too slow), Zelda MM,

Crashes, not working:
Gauntlet Legends, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Rogue Squadron, 1080 Snowboarding, Jet Force Gemini, Pokemon Snap, Star Wars- Shadows of the Empire,

I've had a few random crashes and reboots, but overall, I'm impressed. Look forward to the updates.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yongzh has told me in an email that bad roms can be a majority of the issue. Apparently, dont trust rom gripper or quite a few download sites to have good quality compatible roms.

This makes sense because some people can run smash brothers, but I cant even get it to load...

djlashmoove

Reaction score
I downloaded emediately, then rom gripper++
I commute on train 90 minutes each way..
Thank you dev

tapatalk

Diordna

Reaction score
Mario 64 + OOT = extra fast and slowing (I don't know how else to describe it)

It moves twice the speed but also has it's slow downs. But still playable games.

Mario party 3 = Very unplayable and annoying all it does is flash the whole time, plus on top of that the characters on the board are invisible.

Super Smash Brothers = Playable, slowish a bit.

Mario Kart = Works fine also a tad sluggish too sometimes.

Golden Eye = It works, but oh man the controls are amazingly difficult for on screen controls lol you need to use the C buttons to look around and the analog stick to move and the A/B buttons to shoot and switch guns lol

I am judging from my Archos 101 (4 games on the original droid OC'd though but same performance with ROMS)
But they are very similar.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Gotta download soon, I've been fiending for some Banjo-Kazooie

Liberated Droid II

Reaction score
I think something might of happened to Yongzh due to the disaster in Japan, N64oid was pulled from the market, and there are no more updates and no one can seem to get a hold of him, anyone know if he's from Japan?